• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you get the physical or digital version of the game?

Physical or Digital copy?

• I got a physical copy of X/Y

Votes: 72 90.0%
  • I got a digital copy of X/Y

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • I got both

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters
As the title says, did you get the physical or digital version of X/Y? Why did you make the choice you did?

I went with physical as I love owning the case and manual that comes with the game - nice to be able to hold it in my hand, gives me a sense of satisfaction (that and I collect the cases at this point since it's so hard to toss them). It's also a safer bet for me personally in the off-chance that something happens to my 3DS. You?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I bought a physical copy 'cause I can't buy myself a digital one, with me living in the Philippines. :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I went for a physical copy of Pokémon X. If I went for the digital copy instead and lost my 3DS, I would lose, well, everything. Not only that, but I've been used to Nintendo's physical cartridges for so long that it can't stand having a digital copy of any 3DS game.

Years
    Physical copies for me, because I've been pretty used to them for all the 11 years I've spent playing Pokemon games.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Physical copies for both X and Y, mainly because I really love to have the cartridges. And that's also saying something, since it's so hard to obtain a physical copy around here. Digital copies are easier though, but SD cards won't be able to accommodate all of them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Physical copies for both X and Y, mainly because I really love to have the cartridges. And that's also saying something, since it's so hard to obtain a physical copy around here. Digital copies are easier though, but SD cards won't be able to accommodate all of them.

I always get physical copies of all my games (if they're not solely digital) because as other people have mentioned, what if something happened to the 3DS or memory card, then it's all gone, but also I have games that my friends and family don't have so if they want to try the game I can just hand it to them rather than giving over my 3DS.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I always get physical copies of all my games (if they're not solely digital) because as other people have mentioned, what if something happened to the 3DS or memory card, then it's all gone, but also I have games that my friends and family don't have so if they want to try the game I can just hand it to them rather than giving over my 3DS.

True, but considering how scarce game stores are over here, we tend to just purchase prepaid cards online and buy digital copies.

I prefer physical copies myself for the same reason anyway.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I went and added a poll to the thread, cuz why not?

I got a physical copy of Y. I've never actually had a digital copy of a game, come to think of it. Suppose that's because it's a bit of a habit to get a physical copy. Digital copies of games are a kinda new thing, so for a long time the only way to get a game was to go to a store and buy the physical game. Not to mention that digital copies usually require you to have a pre-paid card (like an eShop card) or a credit card. Never had a credit card till this year, and why bother going to a store to get an eShop card when you can just get the game while you're there?

I am considering getting ORAS digitally though. Not sure about it yet. I still got a couple of weeks to decide.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Physical copies of both. As tempting as it was to get the digital download of Pokemon X at midnight, I iust held off and eventually got both. :3

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Physical copy. I like having the actual games for this series because then I can see my full collection since 1998. :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm not very fond of digital games. I remember buying a game digitally and I ended up losing my account information for that game...so I'm better off buying physical. I prefer having a copy of the game in my hands.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I accidentally clicked on digital copy when I should've done physical copy on the poll; I got the physical copies of both X/Y because I rarely go on the eShop.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've gotten myself physical of Pokémon Y. Pre-ordered it couple of weeks before release, and was delivered to my doorstep day after it hit stores, haha. I've also wanted to purchase X, which would have likely been downloaded digitally, but unfortunately, have never manged to get around to it. Ah well; it's not a big deal.

When or if they release their third installment, I'll probably be purchasing digital copy.

Years
    The physical copy of Y was the one I got. Eventually, I was able to get both! I don't really like digital games, as they are restricted to the console you bought them on, and because loosing the entire 3DS automatically means loosing it all. Not only that, but big games (specially X and Y) take lots of precious memory slots, I believe like 3,000 (maybe it was 15,000 , I don't remember lol). And that PAIN you suffer WAITING while downloading a game so big! My final point is that it also takes a few seconds longer to start the game.

EDIT: What I mean by both is both X and Y physically, not one physical and the other digital lol.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    All of my copies of XY have been physical copies.
    at least for me, it feels awesome to hold the game's box in my hands, and display it in my room (box is empty displayed, I have the games in a dust proof container)

Back