• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you use your locker in High School?

Years
    • Online now
    It just occurred to me, after nearly four years, that I still haven't opened my locker.

I never thought there was enough time between classes to make stops, so I considered the lockers useless.

Did you get any use out of your locker, or did you carry everything on you?

An interesting video I watched last night showed lockers are becoming less and less used.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    In high school they were mostly useless, and I carried everything around me. Only in TV shows I saw as a kid did the high school kids seem to use it frequently

I think architects should leave them out when planning future schools. Well it doesn't matter to me since I'm not in high school anymore

User19sq

I actually shared my locker with a friend... who didn't really use it that much. He just kept one book in it, and only took it out when he went to the class the book was for... a class which we shared... and he'd usually ask me to get his book for him... huh.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • It's been so long I don't remember what I kept in my locker, but I remember I'd go to it at the start/end of each day, so I must've kept something in there. Maybe my lunch???

I'm pretty sure I brought my backpack between classes and would've kept most of my stuff in there so idk. Maybe I kept a spare uniform.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Online now
    I had to. We weren't allowed to carry backpacks.

This is how it was for us in middle school. I had to memorize several combinations, for the main hall lockers, and my gym locker. The latter which I constantly forgot and had to go to the teacher every class.

But (thankfully) they allowed us to carry our bags in high school, and I never touched a locker again.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    My high school didn't have enough lockers for everyone, so you only got one if you requested it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used my locker all 4 years, stopping during longer breaks or when I'd pass by it on my way between classes. Also I used it to store my jacket and backpack. We weren't allowed to carry those around anyway, probably in part due to a series of bomb threats and other scares that happened while I was attending the middle school next door to the school that became my high school.

Bay

Years
  • My high school didn't really have lockers in the sense the high school in tv shows has them. We do have gym lockers though and I used that to put my sport stuff in and used it when it's time for practice.

Years
  • It was a rule in my school that you had to, you weren't allowed extra clothes or backpacks in class.

Kai

Wayfarer
    Years
  • I had a school, sport, and band locker during my first two years, a school and sport locker during my third year, and a single locker I rarely used at a new school during my senior year.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    That's interesting to hear, I used my lockers a lot in high school and I can't imagine how difficult it would have been to carry all my stuff around all day - there were too many textbooks and supplies (I guess physical books are less common these days?), plus gym clothes and coats. Freshmen at our high school didn't get to pick their locker location, so my friends and I just kinda ended up sharing a locker (it was super cramped) and using it as our hub/meeting spot during breaks since our assigned lockers were scattered all over the school.

In the following years, you can apply for specific lockers though so we would usually get our lockers in the same row. But yeah, I loved using my lockers in high school, it wasn't just useful for putting our stuff in but we'd stick letters and notes in each others' lockers too, decorate them and a lot of people had little magnet whiteboards inside their lockers that we'd write in.

Years
  • 10th- to 12th-year students at my school were told to use their lockers, and teachers were meant to enforce it… but at the end of the day, nobody cared, and almost everyone brought their bag everywhere. The school did enforce the policy at the junior campuses, though.

I suppose high-school culture wasn't cultured enough for people to use their lockers for anything other than storage. Maybe it was just my high school, but nobody was allowed to stick anything on or inside them anyway — that wasn't stopping the one-in-ten students who did, anyway.

Oh, cream on the crop? Our school required us to pay for locker hire. It was a somewhat reasonable $10/year.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Yes, I used it to trap nerds in.

When can I leave? I've been hungry for ten years now.

Everyone constantly used their lockers because no fucking way were you going to carry around more than one notebook and maybe like a pen.

Sirfetch’d

We had to rent out lockers if we wanted to use them. I would do this every year but I mainly used mine to store extra supplies for the year rather than my books. I usually just carried those around.

pkmin3033

I had a locker in Secondary School. It was right at the bottom and was forever being kicked because of it. I think the door was actually dented in the end. I only ever stored my P.E. kit in there though...a fact I conveniently forgot to mention whenever that particular lesson rolled around.

Back