• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you use your Mega Lucario in XY?

Descendng

actual real Sableye. trust me.
Years
  • on my first playthough, absolutely.

in my original HeartGold file I had a Lucario that my friend traded to me, which I'd always have on my team for E4 reruns and such. that led to it becoming a favorite of mine back then, so when I was just straight up given one in my first run of X, I knew I had to use it.

nowadays though, I usually favor using other stuff on my teams if I decide to rerun through XY.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Never, I adored Mega Mawile way too much to ever consider using any other kind of Mega. Even Banette. I'm sorry, my darling! I'm sure I'd consider using it at some point, but I've always just thought it was too good to use for how early in the game you get it.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Eventually, yes. Wanted Kalos-exclusive Pokemon on the first playthrough. Chose Aggron as the team's mega in the second. Eventually used it in a Get-Together challenge for expediency. Shredded everything between the stat boost and probably being overleveled.

Years
  • I remember being thoroughly confused at everything surrounding this Lucario in the game. I think I used it for a little while (Y), but just being handed a Lucario after two generations of putting in work for a happiness/friendship evolution, just felt weird. Definitely didn't use it at all in my second playthrough (X).

We'd see Korrina walking around with two Lucario, even battle her, and then.. she didn't even use a Lucario on her team, let alone Mega Evolve it. But that's a complaint for the overall design choice of the game I guess.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • No, every run of XY I've played has been a self-imposed challenge where I couldn't use Lucario. If I eventually do a run where I can use it, I probably will, but I'd rather use a different Pokemon as my Mega if given the possibility.

Years
  • I did on my first playthrough. And it was probably the worst member of my team. I never really found a good way to use it. I don't think I bothered with it on my following playthroughts.

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • Yeah. On my first one. However, on other saves files, they're either challenge runs, so no, or I just evolved my own Lucario :p. Much more helpful, as you can then beat Grant even easier

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Nope, got boxed immediately. I had my team planned out by that point, and those plans didn't involve some rando Pokemon that just decided to join my party without my consent.

That was also the only time I did Mega Evo during the story (again, because it was forced), only doing it during Battle Maison fights and online battles.

Alpawca

🌱🌸☘️🌷
    Days
    • Age 20
    • Any
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Nope, because I wanted to go for a team of all-Kalos 'mons. Didn't end up using Mega Evolution in the main-game because of this either. I honestly wish I could have just given the Mega Ring to Calem because of this, haha.

Years
    • Seen today
    Not a fan of gift/event Pokémon outside the starter (especially when they're OP). Actually had no megas in my only Kalos (Y) team at all, only Mega I used in an official game was Mawile in Omega Ruby.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • In my first playthrough I did, as well as one of my nuzlockes where my initial counter for the Electric gym died against one of the gym trainers. But I boxed that guy straight after the gym.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Maybe? I remember I didn't really use Megas in general. I may not have used it on my first playthrough, though. I distinctly remember having a Pangoro on my team already.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I was going to in my maiden playthrough - started in early 2023, still only got as far as Battle Chateau lol

Initial plan was Mega Blastoise and Mega Lucario alongside a team of Kalos natives. Then I got bored of the Kanto starters due to their heavy focus in SwSh and decided to swap Blastoise for Clauncher and so only have one Mega (I don't like using older mons when new mons are available, which is a problem when Megas were only available for past gens).

However when breeding for a trade I hatched a shiny 6IV HA Gible! So Garchomp is going to be my one Mega now

Years
  • I remember using it on my team once, but I don't remember which playthrough that was.
    Could've just been the first one, potentially lacking any other Pokemon that could Mega at that point.

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Not only is the Lucario free, but it comes with a fixed Nature (Hasty) and IV's. It's too good to pass up on. Give it a Lucky Egg you can find from a woman, and you can start steamrolling through the game with it. There's like only 2 battles at the end of the game where you would need to Mega Evolve Lucario to ensure you don't lose.

Back