• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discomfort

semi

the magnificent steiner
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
what do you find most uncomfortable? (this can be also be something that is unsatisfying, or physically uncomfortable.)

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i hate being accused of lying. this makes me uncomfortable. also socializing with people makes me uncomfortable because i'm not that good at it and it makes me intimidated.

Years
Possessiveness. Whenever someone starts pressuring me-- I.e 'You're coming to this event right?" or 'Why didn't you call me yesterday?" It is usually well-meant but it makes me feel really uncomfortable and nervous, it can sound needy, like your trying to guilt someone into a relationship and love and friendship can't be based on that. When I feel like someone is trying hard to tie me to them it drives me into the opposite direction, and makes me want to avoid.

TY

Playing in the middle of Cache in CS:GO...

that is no bueno...

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Being guilt-tripped, pressured, placed in the spotlight... a lot of things.

People standing close to me is a big no-no. My personal space is pretty wide! I can't stand when people zoom up to me, haha.

Being watched while I eat. D:

Being watched while I do anything, in fact. Some things to the point where I panic and can't do it, like dancing, singing, playing games, making a phone call, cooking, writing, drawing, looking in the mirror, etc etc.

I think I actually have a fear of dancing, like Johnny Depp. I get uncomfortable watching it on TV or in person, because I'm ashamed of not being able to dance and terrified of someone asking me. Though I truly admire great dancers.

Also, I get horribly embarrassed and uncomfortable with anything of a sexual nature?but that's fairly normal, haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Approaching a large group of people by myself, all of whom seem to know one another.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
What really discomforts me is when strangers approach me. Unless I know them, I suspect some ulterior motive and I keep my guard up.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
talking to people, particularly over the phone... schedules being changed last minute, being late, some sort of inconvenient change happening... hate it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Secondhand embarrassment.

It legit took me like a week to watch some episodes of The Office because I would get through like 5 seconds of a scene at a time and I'd have to pause and do something else for a day because it was so awkward I couldn't handle it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Secondhand embarrassment.

It legit took me like a week to watch some episodes of The Office because I would get through like 5 seconds of a scene at a time and I'd have to pause and do something else for a day because it was so awkward I couldn't handle it.

That's a super human level of empathy.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Ahaha, that's the nicest way I've ever seen it described!

I wish my brain knew how to turn it off for fictional people. :P

That's what I mean though. It seems that deep.

I've had it pretty bad myself too. Not to your level, but far more than standard. As a child, during really laughable assemblies at school, where I could tell the people involved at least were trying or cared, I felt so upset for them that all my peers were just laughing at them and the fact they didn't have the budget to do it how they wanted, etc.

And I later realized it was a feeling of respect that they did it on pure conviction despite all odds, restrictions, or even popular opinions.

But I've felt secondhand empathy a lot, so I ironically can sympathize with you too, haha.

Back