• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you consider...

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    your time on PC as time well spent or time wasted? explain/discuss/chat/wtfever

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Uh, if I spend all day at home or something, and I spend that time on PC then it's time wasted.

But if I did something during the day, and came on PC after I had a hard day at work or being super busy and productive, then it's just relaxation to me. It's neither time well spent or time wasted. It's just time used.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Well I enjoy the time I spend on here, and it does keep me from doing other things that could get me in trouble. So, time well spent.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    This really depends on what you do on the PC. If I'm doing anything creative, educational or useful, I wouldn't consider it a waste of time.

However, if I spend time playing video games, watching TV shows, cartoons, movies, etc., then I consider it a waste of time. Good thing I've got a lot of it to waste xD

Years
    I like to post here, even though when I don't talk with people (vm,pm) most of time, still I can't say it's a wasted time.

Sirfetch’d

While I spend more time here than I would like, none of it is wasted. I have countless friends here and just keeping in touch with them makes every second well spent.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Definitely time wasted. I could have been looking for jobs and learning to drive during the summer but instead I got bored and spent time at home watching anime and hanging around the forum.

I start school 1 week from tomorrow so idk for how much longer I'll really be spending a lot of time here.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    This really depends on what you do on the PC. If I'm doing anything creative, educational or useful, I wouldn't consider it a waste of time.

However, if I spend time playing video games, watching TV shows, cartoons, movies, etc., then I consider it a waste of time. Good thing I've got a lot of it to waste xD

She means PC as in PokeCommunity, not a computer in general.

I definitely see it as time wasted but everyone wastes time so I don't feel bad about it or anything.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    She means PC as in PokeCommunity, not a computer in general.

I definitely see it as time wasted but everyone wastes time so I don't feel bad about it or anything.

Oh.... well, now I feel stupid xD

To contribute to the real topic then, no, I don't think it's time wasted, since it's fun, and I don't really spend much time here...

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
    Well, I wasn't very active for years, but I don't spend time on here (or any forums for that matter) unless I'm going to post and chat with people
    So no, to me, this isn't time wasted
    I wouldn't go online if it was

Shiny Bunnelby

Tolerated, but never celebrated.
    Years
    I'm stuck in this house all day, every day. I have little contact outside of it, because nobody really makes an effort to reach out to me, so coming here and at least seeing interactions among other people is helpful. It gets really lonely and I get pretty miserable and pace a lot. My phone has a pedometer and I walked the equivalent of 2 miles yesterday from pacing. It's a nervous habit. I can't leave, because my fiancé uses my car for work and I have my daughter to care for. While she is great company, she cannot have a conversation with me. It isn't really time wasted when it is all you have. And yes, I do plenty of other things. I play piano for an hour, play games with my daughter, exercise, prepare meals, clean, and play my 3DS. I still have time after that.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    It really depends. Sometimes I don't really do much but browse so then it's time wasted because there are a million things I could have done otherwise. When I'm posting and talking to others I don't think it's time wasted.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    It depends on whether or not I've got homework assignments do to and/or tests coming up. They could be a waste of my time because I should've used that time for studying if it wasn't so addicting, but they could also be time well spent once I'm through with my assignments and tests.

Kokio

Just hatched, yo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2014
    Most of the time I admit it's all a waste. When I take a step back and look at what I've done considering the amount I've spent on the PC all of these years I get severely depressed because I have nothing to amount for.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I spend more time on PC & Pokemon than in Real Life. Do I see it as a waste of time? No, Life is what you make it. You only get one life so enjoy it and live it how you wish.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    On my end it's mostly time well wasted than well spent. 4 years and racked up almost 13,000 posts. I ask myself every time: WHERE DID MY LIFE GO. Pretty much 1/5 of my life was spent here on PC, and I'm not sure if it was well worth it not. Probably was. xD

So yes, it's a waste, but I'm not ashamed of it.

Back