• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you remember your longest playtime?

Years
Out of all the Pokémon games you've played, do you remember which had your longest playtime? What was it?

Years
I've maxed out 999 hours on one of my Alpha Sapphire saves. I did literally everything there is to do in the game, shiny hunted a bunch of Pokémon and got really deep into the competitive Pokémon. Most of the Pokémon I transferred to SV are from this save.

Years
Geez, 999 is a lot. Not sure I've ever gotten that high. My highest is probably around 350 hours in X, I think? @_@

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
I've always wanted to have an ultra long playtime for a game, but my life long tendency is to play and move onto another game.

I don't recall having a game file exceeding 100 hours. Most of them only go between 25-30 hours.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Well, I'm not into Dex completion, or shiny hunting, or competitive play, although I do take my time to savor the games, so most of my playthroughs are around 30 hours depending on the game.

Legends Arceus was most likely my longest playthrough with almost 70 hours, because I did go for dex completion and 100% post-game in that one.

Otherwise the longest playthroughs are in certain difficulty oriented rom hacks (around 100 hours) because I needed to take my time to build more competitive Pokémon, adapt my team and strategies for difficult battles, and sometimes also grind. Although those were playing on emulators and time can be deceiving because sometimes I speed up the emulator when farming/grinding stuff.

Some times I've recorded:

Shining Pearl: 35:17
Scarlet: 54:33 (All four paths completed)
Polished Crystal 75:48 as of defeating post-Kanto Elite Four Rematch
Unbound 98:55 as of becoming champion (post-game not played)
Radical Red: 46:32

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Any pronoun
  • Seen today
968:25 hours on Ultra Sun (currently). Spent most of it breeding and trading. Some stats:
  • Hatched 12197 eggs.
  • Spent 7820 Battle Points on fancy held items. (Spent a ton on Upgrade + Dubious Disc for some Porygon-Z Wonder Trades. Became quite good at Mantine Surfing, as a result.)
  • 4833 Wonder Trades.
  • 831 GTS trades. (Wanted Hidden Abilities.)
  • 1051 Link Trades. (A surprisingly high number. Must count each individual trade in a Link Trade.)
  • 0 Battle Tree battles and 0 Title Defenses.
  • Encountered 7 shiny Pokemon. (Breeds with a foreign Ditto only some of the time.)

Completed the Battle Agency too.

Days
This is nearly impossible for me to know with any accuracy, lol. I played Red/Blue when they came out as a kid, and I definitely also played the crap out of Gens 2 and 3! I've also gone back to play those over the years, especially when they got re-released on the 3DS. If it's about which singular save file I've gotten the most time in, though, I think my Shield save file is a contender for it. I got really into breeding and building up competitive Pokemon in that game, although I mostly only used them in the Battle Tower. Lots of hours just hatching eggs, going to raid dens, farming for money to buy vitamins, and more.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
My Pearl's save file has the most gameplay hours at 738. I loved generation 4 when it released because it introduced Wi-Fi trading. According to the back of my Pearl's trainer card, I completed over 2,500 Wi-Fi trades, so that contributed to the gameplay hours. Also, I was breeding and chaining Pokemon in the hopes of finding shinies. For instance, I spent two days chaining for a shiny Nidoran male. I left my DS in sleep mode if I was asleep, but otherwise, I was continuing my chain and looking for shiny patches for hours... On one chain of 100+, I ended up with 7 shiny Ponyta. The Pokeradar background music/jingle is stuck in my head forever!

Here are some of my other save files for comparison's sake:
Diamond: 203
Pearl: 738 - my longest playthrough ever
Platinum: 230
Heart Gold: 214
Black: 261 - my third longest playthrough
Y: 405 - my second longest playthrough
Alpha Sapphire: 103
Shield: 201
Violet: 234

Years
I never really completed the Dex or did any shiny breeding pre-SwSh, so most of the older games will probably not be above 100 hours for me. I'm pretty sure I had 160 hours in 1 game, but don't recall which it was. I doesn't matter though, as the by far longest for me is Shield, where I did a ton of Shiny breeding and egg move and HA breeding as well.

According to my profile on the Switch, as Shield has long ago rolled over the max the game keeps track of: 1800 hours or more.

Shining Pearl has 350 hours also due to a lot of egg move and HA breeding, though I've yet to shiny hunt in it :fufu:
Legends Arceus has 320 hours due to trying to get a perfect scored PokeDex, but I've yet to go to the final area and finish the game =P

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Probably HeartGold if I had to guess. I played it all the time even after I beat Red. X is probably my second longest time, BW being close to X. Because BW is the first time I ever finished the Pokedex, at leas the Regional. With X, I got every pokemon. So it actually might be X that is my longest playtime.

For some reason the total time 459 hours is popping into my head. I don't know what game it was, but that is probably my longest time played.

Years
My Omega Ruby save file has 719 hours and 34 minutes on it. I literally played that game for years. It's no secret that I passionately adore the Hoenn region, ever since I first played RSE all those years ago.

Because of how excited I was to go back to Hoenn I made sure to walk through the story at a leisurely place, paying attention to all the npc dialogue and looking for those little ways that the main characters got a little more fleshed out, and slowly exploring every nook and cranny of the region and it's varied landscapes.

No side quest was unworthy of me, the trick houses, visiting pokemon centers on my birthday to hear the event music, hatching the gift eggs and raising those pokemon, catching safari zone pokemon, building secret bases, collecting volcanic ash to make glass furniture, going bargain hunting for all sorts of decor and contests, contests, contests! Game is not complete to me until you can boasts of some pokemon who are contests masters in all categories. Something else that I spent a lot of time doing in gen 6 was going to poke amie, playing mini games with my monsters, petting them and feeding them pokepuffs, unlocking those deluxe puffs that look like wedding cakes.

I could not get enough of the post game. I did the Delta episode, collected all the mega stones rematched the elite four and Steven, discovered the new locations as I soared on Latios and caught the different legendaries in mirage spots. I bred and super trained, picked up the gift starters from Prof Birch, imported pokemon from older save files like Black and Y and constructed new teams around them, filled out the pokedex, went shiny hunting with the dexnax-- as well with the other methods like horde encounters, masuda and chaining fishing, took on the battle facility, and beating the chatelaines for the 5 different formats of the Battle Maison.

I still was coming up with things to do, but I started experiencing a bit of game freeze-- I think I just overly-played the cartridge to death until it was a little exhausted from too much love. I was was scared of data corruption on the game I put so much heart and time into, so I decided to move most of my Oras Pokemon over to Bank and Home, thus concluding my Hoenn adventures for the here and now, but those were some good times while they lasted! If my game hadn't signaled that it was getting tired I would probably still be playing today.

Years
SoulSilver with about 250 hours on my original save. Probably like 400 if you count other playthroughs. The main reason it was so high was that I was really young and only had like 2 other games (which were licensed garbage) so I pretty much explored every tile of that game and did absolutely everything there was to do (other then Battle Frontier because I was horrible at battles lol).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I definitely came close to maxing out in game hours in my original Pokemon Diamond, and might have come close to it in my original copy of HeartGold. ...Maybe? I don't quite remember. I had over 500 in White too, if I recall.

But, I could be wrong. I definitely remember having an unhealthy high hour count in the gen 4 and 5 games, though.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I remember maxing out one of them... Pearl, maybe? Restarted since though.

3DS says I've put 1235:54 into X, but not into a single file. Probably put even more into HeartGold counting every file.

Days
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
I did once reach 999:59 on a LeafGreen save file, but I'd left it switched on and charging in the attic for about a month of that, so that one probably shouldn't count.
It seems like Pearl is the game I've currently got the most hours on, with 697, but I think that's mostly because I've never restarted it - there are other games I've probably put more hours into, just not on a single save file.

Back