• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you still have your old Pokémon games?

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    My oldest pokemon game is Pearl! I still go on my old file and participate in contests and breed pokemon for the fun of it and I also recently started replaying Platinum. I wouldn't even dream of throwing away any pokemon games!

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yeah, I still have my old Emerald, Leaf Green and Diamond cartridges.
    I wrote my name on the back of the GBA cartridges back in the day, and though faded, the ink is still there.

Years
    • Seen today
    Sadly, lost almost all of them when we moved.

Have rebuilt back up. Own Gen 1, 2 on Virtual Console, Platinum, Black, Ultra Sun and Sword.

Years
  • some of them! i have red, silver, platinum, and black 2, x, and oras as far as anything pre-gen 7 goes. part of me wants to get emerald, but i also don't really have anything to play emerald on because the 3ds doesn't play gba games and i don't own an original/ds lite, sadly. i think, aside from old spinoffs like colosseum/pokemon XD (i really miss those...), i have all the retro games that i care about lol.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure I have all my old games. I've moved a lot over the years but if I were tasked with finding them, I'm pretty sure I could suss them out pretty quickly in my house. They're mostly kept together!

However I have no idea which ones still work. The oldest one I've ever really checked is Diamond, which I boot yearly to see my first Cherrim on its birthday. (Or... our meet day? Whatever, I call it his birthday.)

K1K1-333

VIRTUAL ENTITY ✧
    Years
  • a lot of my old pokemon games from childhood are gone, although i've bought replacements. however, funnily enough, i still have my first game, which was pokemon leaf green! i recently started playing through it again and... i guess my child self spilled something on it, cause the inside was filled with gunk. luckily i was able to clean it out without damaging anything, and it still works! i also still have the original gba SP that i got with it. and the charger. i seriously have no idea how i still have them, considering most of my original copies of the DS games were yeeted into oblivion and i broke multiple DSes within my child years.
    i'm currently full odds shiny hunting on the thing for the celadon building eevee. never done a full odds shiny before, but it's nice to revisit a game this old with a new intent!

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • My oldest is my Pokemon Yellow I got for christmas 18 odd years ago. Still works and holds a save, unlike my Pokemon Crystal game which is super sad.

Sceptile Queen

Sceptile Fan
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Yep. My oldest is Pokemon Ruby that I got when it was new. Ended up losing my Ruby version but got a replacement years later. I have all my Pokemon games since Ruby, there's no way I could sell them.

Years
  • I have a super old Blue cartridge and super old Emerald cartridge. I couldn't sell them. I also own X and Ultra Moon. Couldn't sell those either. As for VC, I own Silver, Cystal, and Omega Ruby. I love all my games.

pkmin3033

I do! Well, I lost my copy of Pokemon Red years ago - I think it might actually have been stolen - but I do have my original Yellow, Silver, Crystal, etc. I didn't get very many video games when I was growing up, and I didn't really start selling/trading until I got my Xbox 360. I have all my old games in cases etc. somewhere, and I even have the boxes up in the attic! The manuals are missing or in a complete state, though.

They should still work. Well, I know the GBA games still work, and I'm fairly sure Crystal works, but it's been a very long time since I booted up Yellow. My Gameboy Advance has a very stiff D-Pad and I've not touched it in years. God knows where my Gameboy Colour is, assuming I still have it.

Years
  • I still have all of my old DS games, with both of our old DS systems, in an old Pikachu-themed backpack from kindergarten in my wardrobe. They all still work, with the same original save files on them. I rarely have time to revisit them, but when I do I get very happily nostalgic. Our oldest one (and in fact first DS game) is Pearl, and I also have Black, Ranger: Guardian Signs, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky, and an old second-hand copy of Emerald.

That last one can glitch sometimes and doesn't have a box (it resides in Pearl's box, DS game boxes have place for both a game card and a game pack), but all other games have nearly pristine-condition boxes and manuals. We were always careful with our toys, especially the expensive consoles, and games were in our eyes delicate things you handled with the tips of your fingers and utmost care. Seriously, I had a Ranger game where you have to spin the Capture Styler with the stylus very quickly, and my touch screen hasn't got a single scratch. That's how mindful we were of our Nintendo.

In the box for Wii equipment I still have both of the Poképark games. These also still work and have original save files.

Bonus: my true introduction to Pokémon games was on the emulator, the same one I still have on my computer, along with the games and save files, some of which are way back from first grade.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • My oldest Pokemon game is my Pokemon Diamond copy, but sadly... it no longer works, so I put it away inside my HeartGold box. :x But I still have all my old Pokemon games, I'd never sell them or put them somewhere I know I'd lose them. All of games, except for that broken Diamond copy are in game cases where I can always access them.

Back