• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Docked or Handheld?

Years
    • Seen today
    Do you like playing these specific games docked or handheld?

I prefer playing handheld. I feel accustomed to playing Pokemon games on a handheld, so when I tried on a television it felt unnatural.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I couldn't wait to play on my TV. The experience just seemed soooo much bigger than just the small screen. The only downside is I can't watch TV at the same time other than playing the game.

Years
    • Seen today
    I couldn't wait to play on my TV. The experience just seemed soooo much bigger than just the small screen. The only downside is I can't watch TV at the same time other than playing the game.

I felt the same way at first. I loaded it up at midnight on the TV. About 30 minutes later I couldn't take it anymore and went into handheld. It could be for totally unrelated reasons. Our switch is in a cold room with no heating. It's hard to resist the urge to take the portability and go somewhere warm.

Years
  • Been handheld-only so far! It's just nice being able to walk around anywhere with it. I do love docked mode too nowadays though, so nice to play on a wide-screen TV, but I haven't used it for BDSP yet. :0

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I go back and forth, but so far, I'm primarily playing the game in the handheld mode. It's just so easy to carry it around between rooms.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Docked. I rarely use my Switch in handheld mode in general.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Handheld. I've maybe only played my Switch in docked mod once or twice. Just easier to go wherever with it being handheld.

I will say I kinda wish it was smaller or something so it feels better in the hands.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Docked when possible. I can't hold a handheld for long periods anymore without feeling soreness at best and flat-out pain at worst, so a controller makes it a lot easier for me to play.

Koopa_T

Zygarde Infinite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    I been using the Docked. Usually, when I leave the house I use it portable. :)

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Handheld for me most of the time
    I was so excited when I could play pokemon game on the TV at first but as time passed, I felt less and less of using docked

Back