• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't you trust me?

Sirfetch’d

How trusting are you of others on PC or online in general? Are you more cautious about trusting them as opposed to offline friends? Are you a trustworthy person in general?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't understand the question with it's relation to PC in particular. What's the difference between trusting someone on PC opposed to trusting someone offline? What is there to trust about random posters if you don't talk to them? Are you asking if I trust what they say in response to a thread? I don't give it much thought, but there are some people who I think lie in threads that ask particular questions to make themselves feel better about themselves, which I feel is mostly normal.

Sirfetch’d

Should have clarified better but I meant the people on PC and online in general that you chat and interact with. Do you find it harder to trust people online rather than offline? Not necessarily about what they post about, but would you trust them with things that you would trust your offline friends with.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • I definitelay trust my offline friends a lot more than my online ones. Although, I'm not quite sure why. I think it's the fact that they are who they say they are and I clearly can see that. It's so easy to catfish somebody online and I'm so wary.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I trust my irl friends more than my online ones. Not that there's really much that I hide, but it's easier to have a person in front of you and console with them about something

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I trust my online friends as well as my boyfriend. I just have this feeling about them that tells me I can trust them. Like, it's really hard to explain for me. >< To be honest, I do trust my rl best friend Kiley too, so i guess you could say I trust them equally.

Chiere

Banned
    Years
  • I'm more inclined to trust my offline friends because I've had more of an opportunity to see their personalities and how they handle various things I tell them.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Ahh extremely distrusting, I'm afraid. XD;

I am the same way with people in real life though so I don't treat anyone online unfairly in that regard. I could be considered a pretty cynical person to be honest with you. I'm not good about this trust thing being that I only have like.. three people in my life that I actually trust? uvu;

I used to be really liberal with my trust when I was younger and it always ended with me getting backstabbed or hurt or something else along those lines. Which was a really bad idea of mine of course, but eh what can you do. It's ruined my trust for others now I guess.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'm not sure how trust even comes into play on PC. I don't really feel the need to 'trust' people here, I only feel the need to like them.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I give many people the benefit of the doubt and assume they're just operating in a way that they see as valid or logical. I know there are some people who are downright wicked and will lie to if they could gain by it. I'm often able to pick up on that at first glance. I try to be careful with which people I trust. In general, I trust my team members here and work and I trust my best friend.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • On PC, I'm very cautious on who to trust, especially on members with questionable opinions. Outside of the internet, I'm more likely to trust professors, my parents, and A.P. students.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • as far as online friends go in general, I think that it's a bit easier to trust them for me (but only after I've gotten to know them and know they're worthy of that trust) because of the disconnect and the fact that you will never interact with them on a daily basis, 95% of the time. sometimes I'm much more inclined to tell my online friends something that I wouldn't tell my offline friends solely because I wouldn't have to worry about them spilling it, and if they did, it wouldn't affect me too much. idk.

but I don't like trust everyone right off the bat, however, that obviously takes a bit of time.

Years
  • I trust only one person. I can't say if I'm trustworthy, because I've never been in that kind of situations. That one person thinks I am trustworthy though, so that's enough for me.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I'm naturally distrusting of everyone, online and offline, until we become friends or I see a reason to, such as a good personality, same interests, etc. So the ones I trust the most would be my closest friends, of course. xD

On the other hand, I could see myself as one of the most trustworthy people someone could ever meet. I keep promises and secrets to the grave. But I just wish others could see it that way. I don't know what it is about me, but it doesn't seem like people want to trust me. :/

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I only trust Arago online. I would never tell anyone else online something personal ever. Too many bad experiences with that lol. Online people are nice to talk to and it's fun to kill time, but I no longer talk to people online to form any deep/lasting friendships so there's no need to share anything personal. Offline I don't put my trust into many, but I have three people who are very close to me that I tell almost everything to and they tell me everything too.

Years
  • Hm, I'm generally a trusting person, but at the same time, the trust that I've built for someone can easily be ruined if they say or do something out of line. For some reason, and I know I probably shouldn't, I sometimes feel the trust with my online friends is stronger than that of my real life friends \: But overall, there's nothing particular to hide in regards to myself so I'm an open book to most of my friends whether online or offline.

Back