• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eliminate one

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Watchhog. Its got the look of when your gf is once again mad at you for an unknown reason.

Years
    Mr. Mime.

Mimes are not something that I am interested in, so I am not keen on this idea for a pokemon to begin with, but the way they did I think was especially unfortunate. It's one of the laziest pokemon in the franchise, it's just a man wearing a clown suit and because he is a man and a mime he is called imaginatively Mr. Mime.

I know some people think this thing loooks cute, I just see a grown dude jumping up and down and making sounds. The idea of walking around with this guy as a pet ain't cute to me, it's creepy, and I would not want to have this thing following me if I lived in the pokemon universe.

Eliminate one

Years
    • Waltuh
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    The Tandemaus line because I consider it the dumbest design in the whole franchise. It's not even A Pokémon, but a group of rodents.

I imagine the story behind this thing be something like:
    Designer: Hey boss, got an idea for a new mouse Pokémon. What do you think?
    Boss: It's just a boring mouse, what can we do to make it special?
    Designer: Maybe we can copy-paste this mouse and make it two.
    Boss: Amazing! then copy-paste it one or two more times and we'll have its evolution.

I PSYDUCKING LOVE TOY MOUSES AS FAMILY SAPIENTS HOW DARE YOU

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Stantler. I find it to be hideously ugly even by ugly Pokemon standards.
    It might have made up for it if it wasn't just another normal type fillermon.
    I'd take Garbodor any day.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    spidops triggers my arachnophobia more than ariados ever did, pls get it away from me ;;

Years
    There are a lot of fillermon I would remove, yet every time I think about specific ones I come up with changes to make them better rather than wanting to erase them from existence. But there is one pokemon I would remove because I cannot think of how to improve it: Chimecho. A filler-mon with no justification or unique design. It is randomly found on top of Mt. Pyre in gen 3 with a 2% chance to find, and I need to find this to get my hands on a Johto starter in Emerald? I tend to rag on Carnivine for being a terrible grass-mon, but it is still unique with its design being a fly-trapping plant.

Chimecho is just a wind chime that happens to be psychic. It has no ability other than levitate, basic movepool, and it received a baby evolution. Why exactly? What was Game Freak's end goal with a pokemon that wasn't given a stat boost until gen 7? It received 30 extra points to its stats which all went to HP and defenses. For several generations it was forgettable and ridiculed for being that fillermon needed to complete the Hoenn pokedex, and to this day none of its stats surpass 100. A pokemon that has sound as a gimmick yet does not have something like soundproof or any other interesting ability is a shame. I doubt people remember Chimecho at all.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Still Nidoran F. Just combine it with Nidoran M, call them "Nidoran" without the gender symbols in their names and make their evolutions branched. I know that the original 151 are sacred to Game Freak, but I really don't know why they didn't just make them one Pokemon in the end.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    There's an interesting amount of Pokémon that feel like they should just be merged into one species instead of being separate. Silcoon and Cascoon are literally the same Pokémon outside of appearance and name (sure it makes Wurmple's gimmick what it is, but they could've made them a LITTLE different), and the elemental monkeys didn't really warrant four more slots being filled by them.

If there's a Pokémon I want completely killed off though (other than Luvdisc), I'd say Squawkabilly for no other reason than that Squawkabilly feels like a direct response to me clamoring for another parrot Pokémon, making it another lame single-stage Normal/Flying-type with a design that took a long time to grow on me. Squawkabilly feels targeted, almost like Game Freak made it to spite me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I strongly disagree, Spidops is one of my most favorite Pokemon of all time.
    that's fine, and I like Salamence :) there are so many pokémon that at this point it would be strange if we had the exact same preferences.

Back