• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
Years
  • I hope around a whole lot on browsers. Right now I'm using Firefox but I was avidly using Opera but when the VPN stopped working the way I wanted I quickly switched back to FF. Should Opera's built in VPN get fixed I'll probably switch back it really is excellent.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Chrome all the freaking way. I've just developed a better interest in it than any other browser.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    After I read this article , I started using tor browser. And I'm satisfied with the way it works. However, on my phone I'm using chrome. It's more comfortable in using on my phone

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    You aren't alone, I use Firefox as well.

PSA for Chrome users:
    ESMaX54.png

I'm not up to anything shady so that doesn't bother me too much

Not like the NSA isn't monitoring all our calls and data anyway

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • im using chrome it isnt memory intensive like firefox became

Kappaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Lmfao Chrome is the most memory intensive browser there is :P

Next up, people worried about Google collecting your information are probably those who didn't ugrade to Windows 10 for similar reasoning. Despite the fact that there is always a way to prevent them taking information from you. These tech companies aren't all-powerful and unstoppable. If they were, they'd be sued for all they have. As with Windows 10, Google wants to collect your data, but this doesn't mean you have to give it. And these companies aren't out to get you and aren't actively waiting for you to type in a search that they can call the FBI about. They collect relevant pieces of data to show them what is performing well and what isn't with their service in order to improve it. If they had time to care about everything you do in your free time with Chrome, the browser would suck and no one would use it.

To answer the question, I use Chrome. I have everything set up on Chrome with pinned tabs, bookmarks and also everything synced between computers and mobiles. This convenience is what makes me continue using Chrome. Otherwise I'd switch to something else most likely. I do also have Firefox and Edge installed for various small things like verifying Java and Silverlight, as well as Shockwave in the rare case its needed.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • After several years I'm still sticking with Opera 12 as my main, as there's simply nothing that can outcompete it in performance÷difficulty ratio yet. Really, you can't compare Chrome / Chromefox's "5 tabs, 2 GB" versus Opera 12's "45 tabs, 300 MB".

For random or more general-purpose browsing I have Seamonkey (masked as Chromefox), of course loaded with some extensions to make life easier. And for really random / one-off browsing, of the draw-and-discard kind, I have honest-to-god Chromefox (locked to an enterprise support version for the security updates value) or Midori aka "featherweight Safari".

But overall it seems I'm sticking with O12 for the foreseeable future, at least until projects like OtterBrowser truly mature. Most modern / trendy browsers are simply way too hogging with resources, way too intrusive with webservices, and seem to be intended more for the tablet / smartphone mindset of being more or less locked to only one program at a time, with all resources dedicated to it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    For my pc's I use opera. It's just as fast a chrome but comes with some nice advanced features like mouse gestures, built in ad blocker and the speed dial. You can get all of those using extensions with chrome, but I find that opera brings a more cohesive experience. They've also recently added a battery saving mode, and I find it really helps to save power, especially on my old-ish laptop.

I use chromium on my phone, it's a custom build that comes with the rom I'm using (dirty unicorns). It's pretty much the same as chrome except it's fully open-source although I think it lacks some proprietary audio and video codes. The only real reason why I use it is the merging apps and tabs feature that google took away a few months ago from chrome.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I previously was strictly FireFox, and then I decided to try out Chrome (after hating it for ages) and ended up really liking it. I also use Chrome on my phone since Safari is trash.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • Firefox exclusively. I'll 'switch' to Chrome and other browsers for a little bit every now and then but I always keep coming back to Firefox. I've essentially been using it for the past ten years.

Years
  • I mainly use Firefox, but there are some situations where I have to use Chrome. On my phone, I used to use Firefox, but it broke, so now I use Chrome. I'm stuck in the old version though...

Years
  • Man I remember when FireFox was super popular. Not sure when but sometime in 2010 I swapped to Chrome since it felt a lot less clunky and I've been happy with it since. FF was great but it bugged out sometimes for me and was a little slower to start up and load pages.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    I have Chrome and Firefox installed and actually switch between the two a lot, if I'm on my computer. If I'm on my tablet, I usually use Firefox since it seems to work a bit better for whatever reason.

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
    Years
  • I have Chrome and Firefox installed and actually switch between the two a lot, if I'm on my computer. If I'm on my tablet, I usually use Firefox since it seems to work a bit better for whatever reason.

Having ad block is a big reason for me to use it on more mobile operating systems.

Years
  • Been dedicated to Vivaldi ever since the release; offers great customization options with the functionalities and capabilities of Chrome.

Years
  • I have windows 7. I use chrome for everything, running adblock and adblock plus, also running the magic actions youtube extension and some others. It has always worked very well for me.

I have firefox as a backup and also for downloading most videos with the ant extension.

On iPhone I use safari with adblock plus, seems to be very good but mobile internet has some annoyances.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back