• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite "Multiple-Entity" Pokemon?

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Yes, I'm posting this in honor of "twos-day", what of it

Actual Pokemon fusion, as a game mechanic, may be limited to a few select legendary Pokemon, but in-lore, there's actually a surprisingly large amount of Pokemon that, one way or another, have more than one mind. Some of them visibly have more than one head (E.G. Doduo, Binacle, Zweilous) or multiple bodies that just somehow fit in the same Pokeball (E.G. Slowbro, Kangaskhan, Dragapult), while with others you'd have to dive into Pokedex entries to know (E.G. Reuniclus, Metagross, Spiritomb). Which Pokemon that have this highly specific trait left the biggest impression on you?

My actual favorite Pokemon is one of these, Dawn Wings Necrozma (and also Dusk Mane to a lesser extent), so that's a given. Other than that, I really like Doduo, Reuniclus (the idea of the two halves basically gaining power from holding hands is so cute ;_;), Metang/Metagross, Spiritomb (look, I know the idea of it being made of 108 captive spirits is supposed to be a scary thing, but for me it just makes me want to hug it and tell all 108 of them that I accept them for all their darkness and mischievousness and I'm gonna help them make the best of their situation, okay) and Drakloak/Dragapult (I actually sorta like Drakloak better, it's just more charming somehow? But then Dragapult introduces the whole hilarious Dragon Darts concept, so they both have their advantages). Additionally, I'd also argue that Paras & Parasect fit into this category, because, you know, the bug/mushroom dynamic, so that's another favorite.

Years
  • I only pay attention to the physical multiple entity mons, and I'm such a big fan of Magneton and Dugtrio, but much more towards the former. It's my 2nd fave Electric type of all time next to Ampharos :3

Years
  • I'm honestly not that big on mons like Magneton or Dodrio, Weezing etc.
    They to me just feel like Game Freak went 'let's slap an extra head or two on and call it a new mon'. Just feels... lazy I guess. Not to mention they did it to quite a few mons, so it got repetitive too.

Metagross I quite like. Metang is two beldum joined together and Metagross is two metang. The appearance also changes considerably.
    Got mixed feelings on Calyrex... it's literally just riding the horses xD I do kinda like how it looks, but at the same time think it's a bit silly.

I think my favorite would be either Dawn Wings Necrozma (I've always preferred Lunala over Solgaleo, and this fused form is just pretty as heck) or Black Kyurem (an awesome combo imo, but Ice & Dragon types are my fav types so what do you expect xD)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I think Dragapult is the top contender for me, it's concept is just so adorable lol.

Years
  • Slowking! This mon is one of my favorite psychic types and I don't talk about him nearly enough. Just a really cool Pokémon all around. But for the less obvious, absolutely Metagross - another really cool one that has remained awesome for me since it was released. <3

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Magneton for sure. I used to daydream about having an IRL Magnemite as a kid. Plus, Pokémon Snap nostalgia! Its Shiny is also really cool. I caught a Shiny Magnemite in HGSS a few years ago and evolved it into Magneton. Hoping to be able to transfer it to Arceus so I can admire that gorgeous metallic shading!

I also have a soft spot for Girafarig thanks to a Japanese Girafarig card a friend gave me back in middle school. Plus, it's just plain cute! Easily my favorite hooved Pokémon.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Probably Dawn Wings Necrozma, followed by Dusk Mane Necrozma. Considers the normal forms of Lunala and Solgaleo good as-is. Feels like some kind of shiny+ after fusing. Adds some pleasant darkness to the designs. Meshes better than Kyurem did with Zekrom and Reshiram.

Picks maybe Hydreigon after that? (Lowered Dragapult and Dragloak's ranking for now. Grows a little tired of the former from too much exposure.) Works the hydra angle alright.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've always had a thing for Dodrio. On one hand it is a bit silly looking while on the other I enjoy the high attack/speed.

Years
    • Seen today
    I never liked multi-head/multi-brain Pokémon much, and things like Kangaskhan still make no sense to me nowadays. I think the baby should have been a separate pre-evolution.

I'm fine with Parasect and Girafarig I guess, since they're cool concepts and don't involve a fusion based evolution process.

Back