• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon, as voted by 52,000 fans

A poll was recently held in which 52,000 fans voted for their favorite Pokémon. Results are below:
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2..._their_favourite_pokemon_here_are_the_results

As per the results, the top 20 most-voted Pokémon are:

Pokémon | Number of votes
Charizard 1107
Gengar 1056
Arcanine 923
Bulbasaur 710
Blaziken 613
Umbreon 607
Lucario 604
Gardevoir 585
Eevee 581
Dragonite 551
Absol 542
Typhlosion 534
Ampharos 529
Squirtle 523
Flygon 510
Ninetales 471
Tyranitar 451
Infernape 443
Snorlax 433
Torterra 430

Four poor mons didn't get a single vote, they are:

Pokémon with no votes
Silcoon
Gothita
Eelektrik
Yungoos

What do you think of these results? Did any of your favorites make it to the top?

Years
    Shaymin made it on that list and that's all I could ever ask for, tbh. It's a super underrated Pokemon. ;__;

Not surprised that Bulbasaur is in 4th though (2nd favourite Pokemon). I suppose a lot of people being familiar with it + it being from Kanto is likely the case (plus Bulba is cute, so...)

third favourite, Glaceon, is #75!! Not bad, honestly. It's like, my favourite eeveelution. ❤

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I like some of these, but I'm not sure if any of them would be in my Top-20 (except maybe Arcanine).

I'm kind of shocked (but happy) that Dunsparce made it within the top 100!

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Milotic made it to the 60 something, so I'm good, I can't say I'm surprised with the Top 20 except maybe with Ampharos (which I'm glad it made it to a high place) and Flygon

Last edited:
    Years
    My favorite was tied for 124th. I guess not many people have tried out Huge Power Azumarill. Granted, I guess without Huge Power it's not that great of a Pokemon. Some of my supporting favorites made the top 20, though.

User Anon 1848

No surprised that Bulbasaur is in 4th though (2nd favourite Pokemon). I suppose a lot of people being familiar with it + it being from Kanto is likely the case (plus Bulba is cute, so...)

I'm a bit surprised. I thought he was the least popular of the original starters back in the day. That might only apply to their final evolution forms.

I'm sure channels like Bulbasaur.Propaganda have helped people see the light as well. :laugh-squinted:

Years
    I'm very happy with that list! I love so many pokemon on it! Some of my favourites that made the top 20 include Blaziken, Gengar, Gardevoir, Infernape, Torterra, Absol, Flygon, Umbreon, and Typhlosion.

Also, my all-time favourite pokemon made it! NINETALES is 16th!!!! Let's gooo!!

I will say I'm sad for Silcoon and Gothita, both pokemon are adorable and deserve so much love!

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    can't say I'm surprised that the top 20 is dominated by older Pokemon

really never understood why Flygon is so popular tho

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Lol I'm surprised Simisear didn't make into the 4 not-voted ones, I've heard he's the least liked Pokémon somewhere I think.

But yeah, not surprised most of these are listed in the top 20, I see some pretty popular names there. I'd never expect to see Umbreon that high up there though, out of all Eeveelutions.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I suspect some of the odder results are due to it targetting the reddit demographic - aka generally older players with tastes different to other players (particularly kids). And then there's meme votes like what Dunsparce might have gotten. Happy about Ludicolo getting into top 100 though!
    I'm a bit surprised. I thought he was the least popular of the original starters back in the day. That might only apply to their final evolution forms.

I'm sure channels like Bulbasaur.Propaganda have helped people see the light as well. :laugh-squinted:
    The highlighting of it in the Detective Pikachu movie may have helped too.
    Also ngl I'm surprised that Gengar is #2. It's really that popular? :O
    I wouldnt pick it to be #2 myself, but it is quite popular.
    can't say I'm surprised that the top 20 is dominated by older Pokemon

really never understood why Flygon is so popular tho
    Because it's cool looking! >:o

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    B..but Sylveon...

Favorite Pokémon, as voted by 52,000 fans

Years
    What I found interesting about these polls was how closely some of the results lined up with what I did with the Favorite Pokemon Tournament in the past. Gengar (#2) won the 2013 FPT, Charizard won in 2014 (#1), Gardevoir in 2015 and 2016 (#8), and the Eevee family won in 2017 (#9, with Umbreon at #6).

I was also surprised that there were actually only 4 Pokemon that didn't get a vote- I figured it would've been much more than that. It's kind of weird to think that there are Pokemon like Spewpa, Klang, and Illumise that are not only someone's absolute favorite, but they actually got more votes than Pokemon like Meltan, Beautifly, Exeggcute, and Spearow.

Years
    Zorua is also one of my favs and it's #152. Honestly, I'm surprised it got any votes at all so I guess I'm ok with this.

Latias is #131, which only slightly surprises me because I thought it'd be somewhat higher, but again, I'm ok with this. I never thought it was that popular of a Pokemon to begin with.

Latios is #193 though :c Poor thing. Thought it'd be similar in votes to Latias but apparently not.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Only 4 pokes not getting any votes, and their fact their evolutions got votes, really does show that nigh every Pokemon is someone's favourite. Only a poll of ~50,000 after all!
    /sobs glitter
    That doesn't sound healthy and should be examined by a health care professional.

Back