• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Ghost

Which are your favorite Ghost types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • 0tkJn3b.png

Welcome to the second annual Favorite Pokémon Tournament here in the Pokémon Polls board, where our goal is to determine the favorite Pokémon of the users here at the PokéCommunity! This will be a tournament that lasts several months, where we'll pit almost all the Pokémon from different types together to determine a winner. After we know the winner of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and be known as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon!

If you haven't had the opportunity, please read the Rules/FAQ to find out more about the tournament:

Spoiler:

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls will remain open until November 2nd, so get voting!

Previous Winners:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just a reminder for those out of the loop- since Gengar and family won the Poison-type poll earlier in the tournament, they have not been included in the Ghost-type poll, despite being voted your favorite Ghost-type last year. Feel free to vote for Gengar using the "Other Pokémon" option (they're the only Ghost-types not included in the poll), but just be aware that even if Gengar were to have the most votes, the Pokémon in second will be declared the winner and move to the finale.

With that out of the way, let the voting begin!

Years
  • While voting on this poll, I realized something - I don't like many Ghost types. I gave out 4 votes, far fewer than any other poll. I gave a vote to the Duskull line, because I really like Dusknoir's appearance, and it makes for a great wall in battle. I also gave a vote to Giratina, since I really like how Platinum made it seem so demon-like in the story, and it too is also a great wall, not to mention it's great design. My third vote went to Chandelure, as it has a unique and dangerous typing, has FANTASTIC Special Attack, and was very useful on my White 2 team. Finally, my last vote went to Aegislash. It's name is cool, it's design is great, and it's ability is a huge factor in why it's one of the few non-legendary and non-Mega Pokemon that has ever been in Smogon's Uber tier.

Years
  • Haunter in all honesty is the only Ghost Pokémon I absolutely love, so I had to vote for 'Other' out of loyalty even though I know it's futile haha :) Considering how useless my vote would have been if I'd only voted for him lol I also voted for Frillish (specifically the female one and mainly cause its sprite is so pretty haha) and Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist as their shinies are really nice; the whole gimmick of them being different sizes is quite cool; Jessie has a Pumpkaboo in the anime which may be swaying me towards it a little haha and finally with Halloween coming up, pumpkins just seem appropriate lol :)

Years
  • Here's my ghostly faves:

Drifloon line: Definitely one of the cuter Ghost-types, and the Pokedex entries mentioning how Drifloon tries to take children away is one of the creepiest Pokedex entries ever. It's such a contrast for something that's very adorable looking, and I have a shiny one of my own in X as well!

Froslass: Ice/Ghost is a very interesting combination and it has a good design concept.

Litwick line: One of my all-time fave Ghost-types. Main reasons are Chandy's sky-high Sp. Attack, great design and a really awesome type combination.

Frillish line: Water/Ghost is a unique typing, and I love how it has a royalty-based theme with its design which is also evident with its gender differences. Also has some handy abilities like Water Absorb and great special stats and HP.

Phantump line: Of the two Ghost/Grass lines, this is one I clearly like better, and not is Trevenant really great at utilizing heal stall (Harvest + Sitrus Berry + healing moves = annoying) but Phantump is also super adorable.

Honedge line: Again, another one with a unique type combination and one that has a design concept that actually fits the Steel/Ghost combo well - a possessed sword. I kinda like how Aegislash is versatile as a battler and has a more royal theme to its design as well.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I really love both Drifloon and Drifblim so I gave them my sole vote. Haunter is also a favourite of mine, so I'd have given the Gengar line a vote had it not won the Poison poll. Yamask and Cofagrigus are pretty awesome too and I'm still waiting for a Mega Cofag where the Mummy comes out of the coffin. I like Froslass too, so I guess I'd have to say Ghost is one of my favourite types, but I think Haunter and Drifloon (and their evolutionary lines) stand out as my two clear favourites.

pkmin3033

Going to restrict myself to three again, although I would quite happy vote for all of them...

Giratina, Spiritomb and Golett/Golurk. The first because it's easily one of my favourite Legendary Pokemon - it has awesome typing, is the mascot to one of my favourite versions, looks fantastic in both of its forms, and its face looks kinda like a duck's. The second because I like the whole 108 spirits in one body thing, it's got a wacky design, and a nice shiny sprite. The third because it goes from looking like a Transformer to looking like a Megazord, and that's just awesome. Plus the way Golurk can fly in the Reshiram/Zekrom movie (I forget which one) had me in hysterics. Golurk is amazing. xD

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Everyone say Giratina!

He is so my favorite ghost type buddy! Shadow Force rules! I am so a fan of his!

Also, Chandelure is my second favorite, so it should get a fair vote too!

Froslass is deadly, so she's earned respect from me, especially in Pokemon Conquest.

Drifloon gets my final vote for being so cute! And Aftermath is a rocking ability!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Something in me makes me kinda wish Gengar wasn't included in the Poison poll, so that I could vote for him here without having to click the Other option.

But aside from him, I also love Sableye, Dusclops, Drifblim, Mismagius, Spiritomb, Dusknoir, Froslass, Rotom, Giratina, Chandelure, Trevenant, and male Jellicent.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    This time I voted for Froslass, Giratina, Chandelure, and Aegislash. Those are the Ghost types I like the most.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I voted for Froslass and Chandelure.

Froslass is my favorite pokemon (with Cubone/Marowak). So I have to vote for it ;)
    She is one of my best pokemon in battles, with her speed and destiny bond. The dual type ghost/ice is unique and I love it!

Chandelure is the close runner-up in the ghost type. His type ghost and fire is pretty nice! And the desing is awesome!

bunny24680

Keep Catching, Keep Battling - It's a Pokemon Life
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2021
    I voted for Banette and Trevanant family. Other than Gengar, it's Banette that creeps the hell outta me when I see it. It's a doll or a puppet possessed by some evil grudge! It's face with those piercing cold red eyes and zipper instead of mouth is just so awesomly. creepy...
    It's pokedex entry isgood enough to bring ba dreams. It says that it was born with the grudge against that child who threw the doll (which is now Banette's body) away, and now roams the night to haunt that child...
    As far as stats are concerned, they are pretty good and now even better as there is Mega Banette with horrifying claws which greatly increases it's attack!

I voted for trevanant family as they look pretty good: Phantump is "so cute" ghost while Trevanant look awesome horror (thoguh I don't have any experience in raising them as I didn't played 6th gen yet)....

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Going into this, I thought Golurk and Dusknoir would easily get top spots.

My vote is for Dusk, although I know it's kinda sucky these days. I've used it back in Gen 5, and I got 1900+ ACRE with a SubPunch set. Dusknoir is (or was) severely underrated and looks really cool, too.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Nobody else other than me voted for Cofagrigus?

Absolutely scandalous. {D:}

Voted for Drifblim, Cofagrigus, Golurk, Trevenant and Pumpkaboo.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Shuppet line, Froslass, Golett line, Pumpkaboo line.

Banette is true ghost fav 4 lyfe tho

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Chandelure is one of my favs i mean its a chandelier my fav song is chandelier and its fire and ghost a rare combo plus its extremely powerful. I dont understand the hype on froslass i use it on one of my teams and its kinda a fail in competitive battling although it is cute :)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Golurk+Gourgeist. Pretty cool typings and designs, very halloweeny. Idk what's up with Golurk though like I'm not even sure what it is to be honest, or why it's Ghost.

Years
  • 1. Gourgeist/Pumpkaboo - She is my favorite ghost, dethroning the lovely Froslass. But that said, my top 5, as usual still received votes. Though, I am sure all the ghost types are envious of her phantom arms/hair. People, including me, have been screaming for a pumpkin pokemon, I was so excited to see pumpkaboo and gourgeist revealed, they really make the atmosphere of the creepy routes that much more fun. I have to say, the whimsical fantasy route of my dreams with autumn leaves and spooky music was perfected with the pumpkin species. Not to mention her ghostly counterpart the trevenant line. Pumpkaboo has the best baby bat design, and guess what she isn't even a bat. So bravo. Lastly, Gourgeist is my second favorite gen 6 pokemon which is impressive given the many great designs.

2. Froslass - I love the idea of a ghost type geisha. I would have NEVER guessed that snorunt would be getting a female exclusive evolution, nor did I think it would receive a geisha design. And somehow, it all worked out. The thing that I find most appealing about froslass is her ambiguous yet oddly demure design. She's beautiful without being such in the conventional fashion.

3. Frillish/Jellicent - First off, I am a sucker for the gender split gimmick. I must also say, this evolutionary family pulls off the gender split best. I think the design cleverly alluded to the victorian frilly dress and royal robes/crowns without being too obvious -- and prior to this point, people were really wanting a victorian sort of design and I think the ghost typing was an excellent choice to show off the old-fashioned embellished designs. Some love the white and gentlemanly pringles beard and other love the jolly pink Jellicent with a puffy collar and frilly dress. Frankly the whole lot is appealing to me.

4. Trevenant - I couldn't believe how amazing this design was! Spooky trees, yet another fantasy/mythical allusion in X/Y was a great addition to the ghost family. The spider leg roots, terrifying stripped bark mouth, and red cyclops eye really embody what it means to be a spooky pokemon, but at the same time, retain the essence of being, well, a pokemon. In that respect I think Golurk failed. (cool design, but doesn't look a part of the pokemon universe.) Let's not forget phantump, which is a great name by the way. The wide-eyed little ghost is a great balance of cute and spooky.

5. Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure - A nice Gothic lamp with purple/blue flames! It's a really whimsical design that works well. I think the positive response to Chandelure from fans has helped assist the addition of "object" pokemon. I might also add, I despise Klefki, for the reason that it doesn't look more than an object with keys on it's body. But, Chandelure's ornate candle holders function like arms and the accent lines on the lamp shape the face seamlessly. Most importantly, Chandelure appears like a pokemon. I commend GF on their success with refined and sinister chandelier, lamp, candle pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Currently, my most favorite ghost-type would have to be Dusknoir. Its body is super-bulky, which, I believe, goes along quite nicely with its battling capabilities and whatnot. When it comes to competitive, it's generally used as a tank--people utilize this Pokémon to endure hits and stall, which Dusknoir does without any sort of issue at all! Also very fond of how its pre-evolved forms were designed.

As for second favorite, it's got to be Sableye. When it was first introduced in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, I did not like it at all, to be honest, but as soon as it had gained Prankster ability in generation five, I've started to grow fond of it (so have many other fans, I'm positive). With this ability, it's able to take good advantage of many non-damaging Sableye has access to, by allow it to always strike first (well, maybe not always--most of the time).

Alongside those two, I also like Giratina, Chandelure, and Golurk.

Years
  • Mismagius, Shedinja, Sableye, Chandelure, and Golurk. I really like Ghosts...

Mismagius more than Misdreavus, mainly since Misdreavus only showed up late in the game on Mt. Silver, so I didn't see her until I had already bonded with my team. Plus, she was kind of lackluster. But I rediscovered her in Gen IV, and I really liked where they took her. Then she evolved into a Ghost wizard and became one of my favorites, even if she was now limited to TM moves.

Shedinja is a cool ghost bug who just ignores most attacks. He's fun to troll people with.

Sableye is a neat little gremlin and solid all around.

Chandelure is more Fire than Ghost, but combines the two into a Special Attack force to be reckoned with. And Litwick is so cute!

Golurk, robotic protector of towns and puncher of evil! He needs his own 60's style anime theme. Go, Go, Golurk!

Back