• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Professor?

Favorite Professor?

• Total voters

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'd say Elm. He's not completely obnoxious or angry looking (what I think of when I see Rowan lol). He also doesn't pop up everywhere in your journey like Juniper or Sycamore.

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    I like professor Birch because I always thought his name was Professor B**ch when I was little.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    I like Oak. For being an old guy, he's a pretty good looking dude and I've just learned to know him the most.
    Sycamore looked kinda cool, but since I haven't played the story, I don't know how he actually is.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Birch has the coolest character design among the professors, and he has the coolest specialty. I'd love to go out in the wild every day just to observe wild pokémon.

Although, I do like how Sycamore is a becoming a pretty badass memetic sex god. XD

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    just for old times sake, i am going with oak. He was the first professor after all :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It'd have to be Oak for me, as he's supposedly made bigger of an impact in Pokémon world than all other professors. I mean, there's a reason why he's famous, right? d: Second favorite would probably have to be Birch.

Years
    Sycamore's my favourite mainly because of his looks (; But he has a nice personality, even though he does show up often XD I don't mind.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Sycamore! He was more interesting than most of the professors and looked a heck of a lot better than them. Second favourite is Juniper, but she just doesn't have the same 'mysterious edge' as Sycamore.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    lbr Birch is sexy af. he was a hot dad long before sycamore came around

Seriously though he's attractive and strong and outgoing and fun and his speciality is the best like habitats and wild behaviour observation??? heck yea that's my jam

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I'm going for Jupiter because. She is the second female professor and follow her father's footsteps.
    * Maybe she is third because..

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    It was a toss up between Oak and Birch for me. I voted for Birch though, I like how he is more in the field when studying Pokemon, after all he does study the different habitats and distribution of Pokemon, even if he fails at times and gets attacked by a Poochyena/Zigzagoon ;P ...

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
    Years
    I'm the only one who voted for Elm in the poll part? He just looks so shy that I find him lovable. Also, I have a "Professor Elm's Training Method" card where a Totodile is biting his arm of and his face is hilarious. I like him. Not 100% on the reason.

Years
    I'm torn between Professor Oak and Professor Rowan for my vote, but I think I'll go with Oak, since he's the original authority on Pokemon. Sure, he may not be able to tell what gender you are, and he may forget simple things like his grandson's name, but at least he has his own radio show and travels the world, unlike the other Pokemon Professors.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Oak for me. But some words on each of them:

Oak - the original professor, and mentioned a lot of times to be a leader in his field. Sure, there's some nostalgia in me liking him (even if GSC were my first games!), but he's the one we've seen the most of, and is reputable enough to go around the world and work with other professors and even run a radio show.

Elm - 'durr I have a child and am the authority on Pokemon breeding what is this egg where did it come from!?'. Sorry, Elm.

Birch - an outdoorsy guy seems interesting, but... being attacked by a wild Zigzagoon and being a professor and not having Pokémon on hand... Sort of breaks that golden rule you first heard from Oak, no?

Rowan - grumpy old fart, but he seemed to know his stuff and was also entertaining in parts in Platinum.

Juniper - also went about on her studies, but didn't go abut without Pokémon like Rowan. I liked how she tells it like it is to N as well, who I didn't really like, so plus points for me.

Sycamore - indifferent to professor mcfabhair. He seems a bit too easy-going about the whole Lysandre plot though. 'Oh that silly guy, making a doomsday machine like that' uh.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I can't choose! I like Oak because he's the original one and I'm a sucker for originals. But I also like Birch because he's cute and a go-getter! But Juniper is awesome because she's a girl - yes, I like her because of that - and also because she came with you now and then. And Sycamore looks dreamy, heheh. Never played X/Y but still like him. So, can't pick one.

Years
    I'll go with Juniper. She gets formal with you throughout BW, and assists you many times throughout. And in BW2 she doesn't show up as often but she's still quite knowledgeable, and does tell a lot about the legends of Unova. I found what she had quite intriguing, especially when she tries to stand up to N about her ideals.

None of the others I really found memorable. Except maybe Professor Rowan I guess, I may be the odd one out there. I won't say I dislike them, they just weren't overly exciting for what they were to me.

Back