• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Types

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    What are your favorite types and why?

For me it's in this order:
    Fire: I've always loved fire-based powers ever since I was a kid. Red is also my favorite color.
    Electric: The attacks look very cool.
    Water: I love how beautiful many water Pokemon are.
    Grass: There are many grass Pokemon that I like and I love their utility. Green is also one of my favorite colors.

Last edited:

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    Definitely Grass, but they make you wonder how vegetarians could survive if even the animals look like plants.

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
    I like grass types because they're serene and / or mysterious, and I love their designs, and I also find nature to be beautiful.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Fighting, Psychic, Dark, Steel, Fire, and Ghost.

Quite contrary to everyone else's selections! I just find myself using Pokemon of these types more frequently than others. Lucario, Scrafty, Infernape, Alakazam, Gengar, Typhlosion, Medicham, Blaziken, etc...

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Water has always been my favorite. I love water starters, and have gone with them for my "main" file every generation. I also love the color blue, which is common in the water Pokemon pallet. Plus, I like the water!

Water is far and away my number one, but I also like electric and fire types a lot. There are also quite a few dragon types that I like, and ground and psychic aren't too shabby, either.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Definitely grass. I ran a killer grass monotype team in gen five, and actually ended up winning a few tournaments with it. Including one where I went undefeated in a round-robin tourney where every type was represented by one person. The owner cheated and when he saw that I was going to win if he didn't beat me, switched from a ground team to a poison team, but I still crushed him. The utility is amazing, with enough offensive presence to make pretty diverse teams. Even though it's the type with the most weaknesses, it's still great defensively. Overall, a pretty flexible type.

I'm actually not sure what my second favorite type it. Rock, maybe?

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    Rock here. Rock-types generally have good designs and huge sheer power to go with. The move Stealth Rock is the best in the game imo, and with Rock-types having moves such as Head Smash and Stone Edge, plus a good setup move in Rock Polish, you'll be in for some serious pain.

Ryz

Years
    I'd say its a close tie between steel and ice.Ice is close to the top cause of one of my all time favorite pokemon. Glaceon. Steel is up there too cause of my number 1 favorite pokemon. Lucario. Honestly. I like them all except rock types. I haven't found a design of any rock type I like... I'm pretty much all about aesthetics. I don't give a crap about stats. Give me a good character design and I'll use it.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    Water has always been my number 1 fave
    I also love electric and fairy
    My least favorite is rock because most of the moves have 80 or 90 accuracy. I do like rock Pokemon though

Years
    Dragon, because of their cool designs and unique set of resistances. Even with Fairies added and Steel resisting it, STAB-boosted Dragon moves are still a force to be reckoned with. Most of the time they're more offense and speed oriented, but you get a few unique ones like the Goomy line Altaria for defense as well. They also tend to be quite rare and difficult to train, which I think makes catching and evolving a Dragon very rewarding.

Pokelovar

*Rushes to catch legendaries*
    Years
    My top 3 are Fire, Dragon and Water. I've always liked them. For the next two places, I'll go with Fighting and Ground.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    Definitely grass. They almost always have good designs and many have amazing ones (like snivy).

And Flabebe's line should be in this type.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    grass is my favorite!! i love nature/plants so much and they're so cute tehehe

my runner ups are steel and fairy

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Dragon is my number one favorite type. I also like Steel and Fire and, to a lesser extent, Rock.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Psychic, Dragon, Grass and Ghost, in that order probably.

Though I almost always end up having a Flying type and Water type on the team just because of the need for HMs. I think the one rare occasion I didn't have a Water type on my team was in my first playthrough of BW. Brute forced my way to obtaining a Hydreigon prior to the E4 just so I can have it as my main Surfer... despite having Surfed through most of the game with something else up to that point.

Years
    1. Psychic - I like most of the Pokemon, I like Telekinesis. I like the color for it in the TCG. I like a lot of the TCG cards for Pokemon of this type.

2. Electric - I like a fair bit of the Pokemon for this type and most of the TCG cards for this type.

Beyond that, none of the other types stand a clear head and shoulders above the rest of the types in my eyes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2015
    What's Your Favourite Type?

I want to hear about your favourite type. Mine is dragon because of how cool the Pokemon are and how awesome the moves are.:)

Back