• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Third Gen Pokemon?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Blaziken and Zangoose, I think :3 Blaziken is one of the best final fire starters, especially cool in its Mega evo version, and when playing Ruby I always had a Zangoose on my team. It slashed through any resistance, really.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
  • C'mon, who else besides Absol:
    Favorite Third Gen Pokemon?

Metagross is a close second, (and honorable mentions to Salamence, Sableye, Flygon, and Swampert!) but Absol is just so much badassery rolled into a single 'mon!

Years
  • Favorite Third Gen Pokemon?

I love this baby. She's absolutely precious despite being fairly mediocre to use in the game, baha. One of my hopes is to get a shiny of her sometime! Even better design than Butterfree.

Skitty, Mawile, and Absol are other favorites. While Skitty is probably one of the worst Pokemon I've used I can't deny it's one of the cutest ones out there. Mawile and Absol pack a punch, more so now that they have mega evolutions.

Years
  • It's tough to limit myself to just one favorite, as I could make anargument for Rayquaza, Aggron, Absol, or even Wailord at the top, but I'll have to pick Sceptile. To date, it's probably one of my top 2 favorite starter Pokemon that I've used, and is one of the few Pokemon that I've kept from my original playthrough of Sapphire.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Wow, so hard to pick ;~; I think I'll go with Sceptile as my #1. But I really like Rayquaza, Latios, Latias, Absol, Flygon, Aggron, Delcatty, Metagross, Salamence... let's just stop right there.

Mecheon

Flamingo Flambé
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2014
    My favorite 3rd gen pokemon is Tropius. It is a grass/flying that could learn fly unlike the Flying-type wannabe known as Jumpluff.

Years
  • Absol, Altaria, Aggron, Jirachi, and Lati@s. Absol and Altaria are absolutely adorable, and they've been great members on my team (especially Altaria, who I've used in multiple generations). Aggron has also been a fantastic member despite its two 4x weaknesses, and can even take on an Earthquake from Slaking with +2 Defense. As for Jirachi and the Latis, I love their designs, typings, and movepools; competitive battle-wise they've really been useful to me!

If I have to go with one Pokemon, though, it'd have to be Absol. It's sort of become a Pokemon I associate myself with, plus it's got a really lovely Mega Evo. now ;~;

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Favorite Third Gen Pokemon?

Definitely this furry fury right here!
    I told this story once but I might as well again.

I didn't really care much for Zangoose until a little while ago. I saw it in the anime running around on all fours instead of being bipedal like I thought it was. And at that point I couldn't help but think it was the most adorable thing ever. I think before Zangoose was my favorite, Absol was.

But I think it's safe to say that I really love Zangoose. It's simply the cutest thing. <3

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Gen 3 is my Favorite gen and there is no way I can pick only one Pokemon.
    My top 10 faves would be

1. Blaziken (Speed + Atk + Sp. Atk)
    2. Milotic (Speed + TANK + Sp. Atk)
    3. Metagross (TANK + Atk)
    4. Aggron (TANK)
    5. Ninjask (EPIC SPEED)
    6. Gardevoir (Sp. Atk + Sp. Def)
    7. Rayquaza (EPIC LEGEND)
    8. Flygon (EPIC MOVEPOOL)
    9. Absol
    10. Walrein (Great PKMN) :D

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    My favourite Hoenn Pokemon are the starters, the pseudo-legends, Flygon, Gardevoir, Milotic, Swellow, Ludicolo, Manectric, Sableye, Dusclops, Hariyama, Aggron, Cradily, Regice, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, and Deoxys.

Years
  • Sharpedo without doubts. But also Rayquaza, Kyogre, Absol, Tropius, Mightyena etc.

Third generation is my favorite generation in terms of Pokemon.

Years
  • Gotta be Cradily!!! His weaknesses aren't that much used in-game and his design is pretty cool, I like his ability Storm Drain too.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • My most favorite Pokemon in Hoenn is Zigzagoon! Just love it's cute raccoon design (many times I don't want to evolve mine) - but I love Linoone a lot more. I also like Skitty, Delcatty, and Zangoose (I also like Poochyena & Mightyena) -

specifically in Hoenn: I prefer weasels and cats over dragons and legendary (in Hoenn, none of the legendaries where based on weasels or felines).

Let me just say that I never thought I would find anyone who would love Zigzagoon. I found and ran away from one nearly every time I walked though a patch of grass in Hoenn. But honestly, it's good that someone does like him, because the little guy is still a Pokemon!

I have to agree with the people that say Swampert is the best. He is a tank of a Pokemon, has only one weakness (which can be covered with ice beam), and got me all the way through Emerald almost single handed.

Years
  • I would have to say Aggron. Even though it's not that good in the games it was introduced in, it still has a wicked design for a metal dinosaur thingy. I really like it.

Absol and Altaria are close behind, though, for similar reasons.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    I can't pick! I have three favorites. Manectric, Latios, and Latias.

Back