• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Favourite Gen 7 Pokemon

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Probably Lurantis even if it is just a downgraded Tsareena. It has Contrary which is nice, but it's way too slow to make any use of it. Such a shame since I think it's design is pretty neat.

The gumball meteorite is right up there as well. Really fun to use with a diverse movepool and pretty neat ability. It's comes in 8 flavors as well. :)

Years
My favorite Alolan Pokemon would be Lycanroc, midday form, and my favorite Alolan form would be Ninetales. I love the fairy typing they add, instead of just keeping it as a single typing. You only have to really worry about steel types.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Wishi-washi... I love the design/concept of it. A weak pokemon schooling together to create something akin to a legendary Pokemon (Kyogre) to protect itself is super interesting. The Pokemon looks great too :D

Years
My favorite Alolan Pokemon would be Lycanroc, midday form

I actually like both Lycanroc forms, since they keep to a simple design that isn't overly complex while also being a good concept in general. It's also nice that you can actually catch both forms in the wild at Vast Poni Canyon, meaning I was able to experience both forms and their playstyles.

Kartanaheart

Origami King
Years
Taste so bad you'll wonder if I'm being serious

God Tier
Spoiler:

S Tier (Amazing)
Spoiler:

A Tier (Good)
Spoiler:

B Tier (Neutral)
Spoiler:

C Tier (Below Average)
Spoiler:

D Tier (Dislike)
Spoiler:

F Tier (Really Dislike)
Spoiler:

mjb8910

mjb8910
Years
Kommo-o just because I have been waiting for a Dragon/Fighting type forever. It's not the best Pseudo but I still like it. Others I enjoy are Incineroar, Lycanroc (midnight), Salazzle, Alolan Marowak, and Vikavolt.

I was battling on Pokémon Showdown today and I was up against a Marshadow. It used the move Spectral Thief. I had no idea what it was and then I realized what it did. It has to be the most OP move I have ever seen. A 90 base power and it steals stat changes. And plus it can be a Z-Move with Marshadium Z.

Years
Probably Lurantis even if it is just a downgraded Tsareena. It has Contrary which is nice, but it's way too slow to make any use of it. Such a shame since I think it's design is pretty neat.

I do agree in that Lurantis is a neat design but its stats feel like they're in the wrong places. I do hope US/UM adds more to its moveset to take advantage of Contrary.

Years
It's a really boring choice, but my favourite is Decidueye. I loved Rowlet as soon as it was revealed, so Decidueye already had some advantage before it even existed. When we saw the leaked artwork for Decidueye though, it was the coolest pokémon we'd seen for a while and I am so glad those leaks were real.

Other notable great 'mons introduced in Gen VII - Rowlet, Dartrix, Incineroar, Mimikyu, Rockruff, Lycanroc (mainly midnight form, but midday is cool too), Tapu Lele, Salazzle, Drampa, Jangmo'o, Kommo'o and finally Mudsdale.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
A-Ninetales, Mimikyu, and Lycanroc-Midday obv.

close ones are a-sandslash, oricorio-s, toucannon, and a-meowth

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I LOVED Litten. Mostly because I'm a sucker for cats. He was so cute. I also really love Toucannon as well. Even though it wasn't a fighting type, it learned them and could really pack a punch of needed to. Ribombee is another one I really like as well. It's so cute, and this is saying a lot because I'm not usually into bug types.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Primarina, Shiinotic, Oricorio, Togedemaru, Passimian, Mimikyu, Turtonator, Komala, Dhelmise. Basically Pokemon I used my first and second playthroughs. Really liked them.

Others that I like but have not used: Bruxish, Drampa, Oranguru, Comfey, Ribombee, Minior.

Years
Nebby (Solgaleo) is my favourite Gen.7 Pokemon. Solgaleo is actually my favourite Pokemon of all time. I have never become attached to a Pokemon over the course of a game or seen a Pokemon so beautifully woven into a story as Nebby was. I had Sun, and Solgaleo easily became my favourite across every generation.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
TAPU KOKO. I know it's a Legendary, but...it's one of the best designs in the entire game in my opinion. And it's typing is amazing. Love it.

Years
What is your favorite Gen 7 Pokemon?

Mine personally is Lycanroc (Midday Form). I used it in my first playthrough of Pokemon Sun. The rockruff I caught was Female, so I named her Roxie. It was amazing, She came in clutch on so many occasions that I could even say she may have been the MVP of the team. She actually swept both Hau's team AND Kahili's team. Lycanroc is such an amazing Pokemon.
One thing that furthers my appreciation for this Pokemon is that she had a nature that decreased its Attack stat. I thought about replacing it but remembered Rockruff and Lycanroc's Pokedex entries:
Rockruff: "This Pokémon has lived with people since times long ago. It can sense when its Trainer is in the dumps and will stick close by its Trainer's side."
Lycanroc: "When properly raised from a young age, it will become a trustworthy partner that will absolutely never betray its Trainer."
That's when I decided to keep it and it never let me down. It's such a cool Pokemon, and Roxie was actually one of the first Pokemon I had that reached Lv. 100. ^^

Blacephalon

Will you survive?
Years
Tapu Lele and Dhelmise are my favorites for generation VII. I avoided spoilers at the end of SM prerelease and when I discovered these two Pokemon on my own, I fell for them instantly. Especially Dhelmise who has one of the most creative concepts of a Pokemon that I have ever seen (at least to me)!

Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 25, 2017
My three favourite pokemon from gen 7 are
3. Litten line,
2. Tapu Koko and
1. Lycanrock-Midnight.
I like the Litten Line because I like all three designs of them when I first saw them. The biggest disappointment for me was that Inciniroar lost all that speed from Torracat.
My reason for Tapu Koko is because of it's name and it's design.
My favourite pokemon from this region is of course, Lycanroc (Midnight). The reason why it is my number one pokemon from this region is that I love wolves and he have such a cool design. I wish he had better stats though.

Back