• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forum Frontier #4- VOTE NOW

Which forum do you want to see?

• Superheros/Villains forum

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Sports forum

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • The Classroom(schoolwork assist forum)

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Pets forum

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Music forum

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • New Leaf(forum dedicated to helping each other reach personal goals)

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • The Old Haunt(Scary forum)

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Regardless of the result of this upcoming poll, I think we can repurpose the "Food Fight" idea for sports.

LeBron or Jordan?
    Yankees or Red Sox?
    Etc

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • q: why diss the idea of a "Music" forum due to it "draining activity in GE" and the simultaneously support superheroes/sports? just curious.

thought: kind of like angie&matt im worried, seeing these suggestions, that forum frontier is quickly running short of ideas for forums that will be permanent additions and is going for the gimmicks. i wonder if instead of suggesting just ideas for one forum to be made for the main index, we also suggest subforums or major changes to what particular sections focus on/include?

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    q: why diss the idea of a "Music" forum due to it "draining activity in GE" and the simultaneously support superheroes/sports? just curious.

because music is a core aspect of ge unlike sports/superheroes which do fit in the section but aren't exactly drawing points for people

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    if they're not drawing people to GE why would they draw people outside of GE?

i'm not viewing superheroes as something that's supposed to draw anyone
    the point is to simply enjoy what is there instead of lofty ambitions like staying as a permanent forum

as for sports, tracer seems to have explained his point of view on that quite clearly

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • i'm just saying that if you reason it with a music forum taking away activity from GE, you have to admit that both superheroes and sports would do the same and therefore it's not really a good argument.

i would also say that is Music is such a big thing, why not make it its own forum? have GE encompass all the rest, and Music be standalone or a subforum of GE to allow more variety to spring up in GE.

and also I thought the point of FF was to try to create things that would stay permanently as part of our community. if people just want to enjoy a topic there can be events in their respective forums? serves the same purpose and can be ended after the first month or so when people inevitably get bored.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Perhaps because then it would allow those topics more breathing room. For example, when there was a MLB or NBA thread in GE, I would have to remember to go to those threads and then search for them through the mass of movie/music topics. Even looking at GE now, half of the threads on the front page are just about music. The culture and typical visitor of GE focuses on music, creating topics that appear more than sports/books/movies.

But, if a sports forum is created, then people who want to go talk about sports of any kind have a place to go. There's more freedom of topics that can be created, as Tracer pointed out. Right now, in GE, sports topics really don't have room to grow. In their own section, then any topic idea revolving around any sport is possible, drawing in more of the member base that is interested but currently don't have much of a place to go.

and also I thought the point of FF was to try to create things that would stay permanently as part of our community.
    That was the idea, from what I remember. Forum Frontier is supposed to be the chance for the forum ideas that the members want to be around, and the hope is that they'd become a permanent fixture on the index due to the work that the members put in. The idea wasn't for FF to be a "well, the section will die in three months anyhow, so let's do whatever." The sections should have effort put into them to have them last longer than three months.

What the sports threads probably need is a dedicated duo of people who care about more than just their own team. I can probably be one of those people for the NBA and CFB threads, but not for the NFL, MLB, or NHL threads.
    As someone who follows three different baseball leagues, I'll be fine talking about baseball.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I follow all sports, so if there is an active thread and I'm not the last poster, I'll be posting.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • • What type of forum are you nominating? (Pets, Shipping, etc.)

I would like to suggest a forum that works much like the Member Encyclopedia, but rather than focusing on getting to know each member, it's focused on helping each other reach our personal goals/resolutions. Whether that is through advice, or just pure inspiration, or nagging/reminding the person of their goal.

• Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area:

Starting every January 1st every member can make their own thread, give some details about themselves if they wish, and then list any goals they wish to accomplish during that year.

Everyone else's role, as the commentors, is to help the OP accomplish those goals by talking to them, giving advice, giving details about a similar situation they went through, or just plainly asking "How goes _______?" to remind the OP of their goal/resolution. I feel that a lot of new years resolutions and goals that people set get forgotten and never achieved and we all fall into a cycle of wishing we did things but never have.

• If you could choose the forum's name, what would you call it?
    New Leaf

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • As someone who follows three different baseball leagues, I'll be fine talking about baseball.

Oh then you'll probably love how I'll brag about my Ref Sox acquiring Chris Sale and then hear me bitch about him when he underperforms like David Price did last season lol.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    i would also say that is Music is such a big thing, why not make it its own forum? have GE encompass all the rest, and Music be standalone or a subforum of GE to allow more variety to spring up in GE.

We tried this already. The forum was named Creative Media and it didn't host enough activity to keep around permanently.

User19sq

• What type of forum are you nominating? (Pets, Shipping, etc.)
    A forum revolving around pure relaxation. Something you can take your heels off to and just unwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind...
    • Include details on the type of threads and content you can picture in this area:
    People can post images, videos, music, etc. of anything they can find solace in, and use it to spread such chill vibes to everyone else.
    Chill Café

A forum wherein people can go get scared in. Posting links to creepypastas, f*cked-up videos (Don't Hug Me I'm Scared), and creepy images. While explicitly scary, no bait like screamers would be allowed.
    People can post images, videos, music, etc. of anything they think is scary. Creepy, unnerving, whatever is all good.
    The Old Haunt.

• Have you been ninja'd because you're too stupid/lazy to read through other suggestions?
    ...Yeah.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    A forum revolving around pure relaxation. Something you can take your heels off to and just unwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind...
    People can post images, videos, music, etc. of anything they can find solace in, and use it to spread such chill vibes to everyone else.
    Chill Café

A forum wherein people can go get scared in. Posting links to creepypastas, f*cked-up videos (Don't Hug Me I'm Scared), and creepy images. While explicitly scary, no bait like screamers would be allowed.
    People can post images, videos, music, etc. of anything they think is scary. Creepy, unnerving, whatever is all good.
    The Old Haunt.

• Have you been ninja'd because you're too stupid/lazy to read through other suggestions?
    ...Yeah.

Both of these forums would be better suited as their own respective threads inside the Treehouse. And even then, videos and images don't create much discussion.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    It could follow The Mall's example and repeat every thread at least once a month.

It could be expanded to Comics as a medium. Manga/Anime has its own section, it wouldn't be that far-fetched to have a Superheroes/Comics section

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back