• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen. II Zodiac

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Shegeki Morimoto stated that he designed Piloswine during Gen. II's development so that all the animals of the Chinese zodiac could be together. It's unclear if this was meaning that each zodiac animal is represented by a new Pokémon or if it included Pokémon from Gen. I as well (like Raticate, Tauros, and Rapidash). Here I chose to interpret it as exclusively new Pokémon.

Gen. II Zodiac

I used Girafarig for the horse since giraffes share their Japanese name with kirin, also called "Chinese unicorns" and sometimes "dragon horses." It also participates in the carousal event in My Pokémon Ranch. Pichu's the rat because rat in Chinese/Japanese can also be translated as mouse, Miltank the ox since ox can also mean bull/cow, Steelix the snake since Dunsparce is more Japanese-inspired, Ho-Oh the rooster because the Fenghuang is sometimes called the "autumn rooster," and Granbull the dog since it looks more like Chinese dog breeds than Houndoom and Smeargle.

What's your sign?​

Last edited:
    Years
    That's a cool idea.

I got Rat. Based on this site it means I'm supposed to be "forthright, disciplined, systematic, meticulous, charismatic, hard working, industrious, charming, eloquent, sociable, shrewd, but can be be manipulative, cruel, dictatorial, rigid, selfish, obstinate, critical, over-ambitious, ruthless, intolerant, scheming, material prosperity". It might be true a little bit.

Years
    I was born '98 so I get tiger which represents courage, bravery, and strength. I think that is lie.

That also means I get Raiko, legendary I love design wise but despise obtaining.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Mine's the horse, btw. Girafarig FTW! I remember a friend giving me a Japanese Girafarig card back in middle school. I still have it! Pretty sure that was my first Johto-mon card, or at least my first Japanese Johto-mon card, barring stickers.

Another thought that occurred to me is that Morimoto could've been referring to the beta, when there was a non-Legendary tiger and Natu had a more chicken-like middle stage. Maybe the boar-like Pokémon from the beta was an early version of Piloswine?

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Sheep or Ampharos.

In China, the sheep symbolizes peace and prosperity. People in this year are soft, creative, and artistic. They do tend to be shy and reserved, but they can stand up for themselves. The negative aspect of people with this sign is that they can be rather annoying because they tend to whine, but the up side is that they make great team players.

I was agreeing with it a lot at first until it said I was an annoying whiner, which is definitely not true. I definitely strongly disagree with that part. It makes you question the logic of these things. 😒

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Hm… I'm very much sure Piloswine was the first pig in Pokemon so he might be refering to both the first two generations.

Years
    I'm born in 2000 which is the year of the dragon, meaning my Pokémon horoscope is a Kingdra! I'm certainly quite pleased with that.

Back