• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Golden Sun DS: Dark Dawn

Years
  • So the game's out in Japan, music has been posted on YouTube, and the official site is updated.

Music is epic, and yep, that's Alex. But he's wearing a mask over half his face, Phantom of the Opera style... huh.

Hmmmm. I would imagine it would have something to do with being sucked into the earth along with a giant mountain. XDDDD

Edit:

A lil Project of mine

Felix lvl 85
    Class: Ronin
    Stats:

Attack - 971
    Def - 472
    Agility - 609
    Luck - 16
    HP - 1877
    PP - 365

Equipment:

Tisiphone Edge
    Warrior's Helm
    Big Bang Gloves
    Xylion Armor
    Hyper Boots

Piers lvl 76
    Class: Water Monk
    Stats:

Attack - 644
    Def - 399
    Agility - 593
    Luck - 15
    HP - 1099
    PP - 352

Equipment:

Tisiphone Edge
    Alastor's Hood
    War Gloves
    Chronos Mail
    Quick Boots

Jenna lvl 72
    Class: Radiant
    Stats:

Attack - 654
    Def - 436
    Agility - 445
    Luck - 27
    HP - 1276
    PP - 308

Equipment

Salamander Rod
    Jeweled Crown
    Big Bang Gloves
    Mythril Clothes
    Quick Boots

Sheba lvl 69
    Class: Necromage
    Stats:

Attack - 538
    Def - 358
    Agility - 907
    Luck - 12
    HP - 1073
    PP - 456

Equipment:

Meditation Rod
    Crown of Glory
    Aerial Gloves
    Elven Shirt
    Golden Boots

Last edited:
    Years
  • For those of you that feel the need to re-read TLA's storyline, they do a good job of summarising it and explaining exactly who is who and what is what. In fact, it takes a long time to get started, thanks to this.

I must say, it's a rather awesome game, so far. Although everyone talks a little too much.

Note: I am aware that this is reaching the cut-off age for a thread, however it would be silly to create a new thread.

Last edited:
    Years
  • For those of you that feel the need to re-read TLA's storyline, they do a good job of summarising it and explaining exactly who is who and what is what. In fact, it takes a long time to get started, thanks to this.

I must say, it's a rather awesome game, so far. Although everyone talks a little too much.

Note: I am aware that this is reaching the cut-off age for a thread, however it would be silly to create a new thread.

I figured they would do that, seeing as TLA came out 7 years ago. :/ But that's good to hear. I reserved mine at gamestop, so I'll be there tomorrow :DDDDDDDDDDD Very excited.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Well it's coming out on Thursday here but I checked the price and it is off the chart. Most expensive game at EB right now, going to wait for a Christmas or Boxing Day specials.

Years
  • Spoiler:
    Not as far as I have seen, but I'm not that far. My team is currently level 13.

Weapons have had a bit of an overhaul. Each character can "master" a particular weapon after a certain amount of use. This weapon seems to have a better hit chance, do higher damage and release more often when mastered. To add to that, releases are unlocked as Mastery progresses - yes, one weapon can have more than one release.

It's a bit easy, though. I already have 1 character with 3 Djinn and it seems a bit less epic.

Years
  • Not as far as I have seen, but I'm not that far. My team is currently level 13.

Weapons have had a bit of an overhaul. Each character can "master" a particular weapon after a certain amount of use. This weapon seems to have a better hit chance, do higher damage and release more often when mastered. To add to that, releases are unlocked as Mastery progresses - yes, one weapon can have more than one release.

It's a bit easy, though. I already have 1 character with 3 Djinn and it seems a bit less epic.

Wow Weapons with multiple unleashes. I like that, yet I don't. The Sol Blade should be unleashing Megiddo, and nothing else, etc. :/

NEEDS TO GO TO GAMESTOPPPP NOW.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • In the future, please do not bump dead threads unless there is something that can't be said in a new thread about it, as per the updated rules.

I'll leave this one open, but in the future don't do it.

-Scourge-

Come Together
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I saw a commercial of this game today, and it looks great, a game that I might get in the near future.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
  • For anyone that wants to name their character Felix, you have to enter a space at the front or it will display the message "Felix is an invalid character name."
    It does this for the other old main characters' names as well.

Years
  • For anyone that wants to name their character Felix, you have to enter a space at the front or it will display the message "Felix is an invalid character name."
    It does this for the other old main characters' names as well.
    Haha, clever. They may just be trying not to comfuse people, because I don't think the old characters are playable.

I've got TLA in the GBA slot, just in-case it unlocks something. :D

Years
  • Haha, clever. They may just be trying not to comfuse people, because I don't think the old characters are playable.

I've got TLA in the GBA slot, just in-case it unlocks something. :D

xD haha lets hope. Maybe some end-game bonuses or unlockable items or something around those lines.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    So they really think you have never played this game before.

The beginning (Ridiculusly long tuitoral basically) took me an hour and a half to get through.

So far besides that it's epic win.

Years
  • So they really think you have never played this game before.

The beginning (Ridiculusly long tuitoral basically) took me an hour and a half to get through.

So far besides that it's epic win.

Same here. I think they kinda over-exaggerated the time gap between the Lost Age and Dark Dawn. Then again, I know this series like the back of my hand, so.

But I love it. It's all I've done today. XD

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Also it's very easy to over level yourself once you get a certain item, so don't abuse it and make the game ridiculously easy like I did.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Note: Post a spoiler anywhere I can see, and I will butcher you beyond recognition.

Just like Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya.

...but yeah, here's hoping I get this game for Christmas. :D

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I have about 10+ hours of gameplay so far. My memory is really bad so I don't recall anything from the first two games. I'm probably missing a lot of references. Anyways, lengthy dialogue annoys me at times, but I'm enjoying it. Still would have preferred if the game was in 2D though. :/

Years
  • I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread at all O_o
    Well, I am going to be getting Golden Sun rather soon, as my friend has reserved a copy in a game shop for me. SWEET!

I remember loving these games from when I was younger.

Back