• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen HA Amaura and new WiFi tourney

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Didn't see a thread about this anywhere so I'm posting it.

The other day a new Battle Spot competition was announced called "Enter the Dragon Type", where players must use at least 1 Dragon type Pokemon their team, and will only be on ORAS games and not both ORAS and X/Y. Participants will receive an Amaura with its Hidden Ability, Snow Warning, after it's over. So we finally have another Pokemon that has Snow Warning besides Abomasnow, and now all 4 weathers have 2 different summoners for it.

Article here: https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Enter_the_Dragon_Type_Wi-Fi_competition_announced

Thoughts?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Always nice to have HA versions, never been a huge fan of Amaura but if you like Ice types its nice. Will try and nab one when someone starts breeding them.

Years
    I knew this was coming from Serebii, so this is really nice, yes. It'll be one of (if not) the last HA Pokémon that has yet to be released to get its time to do so. It might serve some decent use, but since weather was nerfed this generation I would still prefer to use Hyper Voice over Blizzard for it.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    Yay! Been waiting for this before fully breeding my Amaura ☺ Glad to see it's finally coming out.

Also glad I didn't start breeding Amaura before this... lol

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Snow Warning still isn't going to help Amaura much, since Abomasnow outclasses it with its Mega Evolution for more bulk.

I knew this was coming from Serebii, so this is really nice, yes. It'll be one of (if not) the last HA Pokémon that has yet to be released to get its time to do so. It might serve some decent use, but since weather was nerfed this generation I would still prefer to use Hyper Voice over Blizzard for it.

Is Hyper Voice w/ refrigerate more powerful than Blizzard?

Years
    As was pointed out, Refrigerate is still Amaura's superior ability but still it's nice to see every Kalos Pokemon with Hidden Abilities now. It's still not bad to pick it up if you get the chance to.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    This could be fun. I've been taking part in all of the recent events. They're mostly fun when they don't include Uber-level Legendaries. The last event before this current one that's about to start had similar rules (limited to 2, non-special event Legendary) and pretty much everyone was running a team with Mega Rayquaza. That's just not fun. This time though, you can use pretty much any Legendary (minus hacked, unreleased ones.) I imagine we're going to see a huge amount of Darkrai's and Mega Rayquaza's. That's gonna suck. Regardless, definitely nice to participate in if you want a HA Pokemon.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    This could be fun. I've been taking part in all of the recent events. They're mostly fun when they don't include Uber-level Legendaries. The last event before this current one that's about to start had similar rules (limited to 2, non-special event Legendary) and pretty much everyone was running a team with Mega Rayquaza. That's just not fun. This time though, you can use pretty much any Legendary (minus hacked, unreleased ones.) I imagine we're going to see a huge amount of Darkrai's and Mega Rayquaza's. That's gonna suck. Regardless, definitely nice to participate in if you want a HA Pokemon.
    I didn't see any Darkrai in the last tourney, which also had 2 legends allowed. Groudon and Kyogre compete pretty well with Ray if you know what you're doing, so I ran Groudon, and will again for this. I actually didn't see a huge amount of Rays, even tho it was common. Just means you should carry more things to hit it. I was able to beat it with a Solar Power Charizard of all things, haha!

I personally have been loving these tourneys. The chance to use things like Mewtwo Y and Primal Groudon in doubles is very unique and the limitations make it much more strategic when building a team. I like the 2 major legends per team very much, and think it adds a lot more possibilities.

I'm excited for Amaura, even though I will never use it, haha!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Actually the legendary birds have yet to have their hidden abilities released as well as The legendary dogs and there are still quite a bit pokemon left with unreleased HA

Years
    I love Amaura and Aurorus! People underestimate these two so much. They are decent in fighting Flying (Mega Pigeot is done ) and Poison type pokemon. And as a trick room team player in triple battles they crush!

HA is okay. Hail needs more benefits

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    The last non-legendary Pokemon to have its HA released? Count me in on this tournament.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Didn't even notice this.

I used Amaura in my first X run, so I'll definitely be in on this one! Even better with Snow Warning.

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Nothing will really benefit from Amaura having Snow Warning, and Refrigerate is the more useful ability by a long shot. It's cool, though, that there's another Snow Warning setter, I will admit.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I didn't see any Darkrai in the last tourney, which also had 2 legends allowed. Groudon and Kyogre compete pretty well with Ray if you know what you're doing, so I ran Groudon, and will again for this. I actually didn't see a huge amount of Rays, even tho it was common. Just means you should carry more things to hit it. I was able to beat it with a Solar Power Charizard of all things, haha!

I personally have been loving these tourneys. The chance to use things like Mewtwo Y and Primal Groudon in doubles is very unique and the limitations make it much more strategic when building a team. I like the 2 major legends per team very much, and think it adds a lot more possibilities.

I'm excited for Amaura, even though I will never use it, haha!
    Little late on the reply, but that's because Darkrai was banned from it (considering it's an event/distribution Pokemon only.)

People who used it were cheap players, so I retaliated with cheap playing by Perish Trapping their Mega Ray with Mega Gengar lol. I ran into one about 9 out of 10 games, it was frustrating and boring.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Little late on the reply, but that's because Darkrai was banned from it (considering it's an event/distribution Pokemon only.)

People who used it were cheap players, so I retaliated with cheap playing by Perish Trapping their Mega Ray with Mega Gengar lol. I ran into one about 9 out of 10 games, it was frustrating and boring.
    nvm I didn't notice that they were not allowed in Generation Showdown.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Darkrai is pretty easy to put down (thanks to my Technician Mach Punching Breloom ^_^). Anyway, forcing us to add a dragon-type and only allowing 4 'mons in our battle box is kinda limiting though. I never liked using any dragons, though I grew fond of using Kingdra from the [Battle of Hoenn] online competition. So I guess I'm bringing her back for this competition. :3

colter519

Youngster
    Years
    I'm just excited to do a competition with a dragon type requirement. Although, to be completely honest, I doubt I'll do well since all my best pokemon are dragon types and I haven't done any breeding for competitive battling. At least I'll get a special amaura as a nice consolation prize. I do wonder what it would be like if they had these themed tournaments where every pokemon involved had to be a certain type though. Could make some strategies a bit different than the norm, that's for sure.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    DRAGONS!

I don't usually participate in tournaments, so I'll probably stay away from this one but Amaura is so cute I might consider it <3 I doubt the ability will increase its usage, but it's not like it's widely used anyway so.. why not.

Back