• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Have you decided on which version to get yet?

Which version will you get?

• Sword

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Shield

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Both

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    Nah, haven't decided yet! I'm leaning slightly towards Sword if only because I like Zacian better, but I'm still waiting for versions exclusives to really sell either version for me.

a small part of me wants to get both but that would be rather expensive

Cid

Years
    I have not! When it comes to the box legendaries, I like them both now! Zacian grew on me earlier but Zamazenta is a good boye as well. Honestly it'll probably come down to version differences and which one my friend will pick. I'll happily buy the other so we can trade version exclusives!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I have not decided yet as it will come down to the other version exclusives, but right now I am leaning more toward Shield. The Shield legend is far more vibrant in color and to me, has a better design.

So right now I am leaning toward Shield.

Years
    Like others it will come down to the version exclusives if there is a version exclusive I adore. If not then my leaning is towards Sword.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Since X I decided to only buy one version (Always picked the Blue one-- Alpha Sapphire, Moon and Ultra Moon and LGE) but this time I'll be getting both.

I'll preorder Sword first then I'll get Shield when I'm done with Sword.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It will probably for me depend on version exclusives or evil team differences etc. But if I would base it on legendaries alone, as is the only thing I can base it on so far, I might go with Shield because the thought of having both Solgaleo and Zamazentha on a team is cool to me :D However, we don't even know their types yet soooo. Well, I guess they'll be Steel + something else, or just Steel.

Years
    Have you decided on which version to get yet?

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I want to get both if possible. I might try Sword version first though, because I like blue color and the logo looks pretty sharp.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm definitely going for Sword!

And then maybe whatever third version we get? If there is one.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I always tend to get both games, so, yeah, both.

But I always get the first version in the title first (with the exception of Pokemon White). I got Diamond before Pearl, HeartGold before SoulSilver, Black2 Before White2, X before Y and Sun/Ultra Sun before Moon/Ultra Moon, so I see no reason to stop that trend now.

Saphron

Suit Dragon
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    When they were announced I decided Sword cuz Sword is blue. After seeing the box legendaries I'm definitely getting Sword cuz I dislike Zamazenta and dislike Zacian a bit less.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I prefer Swordoggo but I'm still considering buying the bundle. If I choose one, it will come down to exclusives, though.

Last edited:

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    I prefer shield dog's design, but Sword matches the theme of rest of the games I've chosen before :dansad:
    I had resolved on Sword from day one for that reason anyway.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i'll probably end up with both as i typically do, the only times i haven't gotten both versions are with ultra sun (i just haven't had funds or time, but i do wanna replay usum and don't wanna restart um so) and let's go pikachu (which i probably won't get bc...i don't like pikachu but i REALLY love LGPE and don't wanna restart my eevee one so...we'll see) but i'll probably get them both here bc i want big wolfies. if i don't have the funds for both on release day though, i was already planning on sword being my 'main' for gen 8 so that's what'll come first.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Last time I got to pick Pokemon Sun (my preference), so this time my fiance gets his preference. Been doing this system since Black and White lol.

He will be getting Sword and I will be getting Shield. n_n;

Years
    I was going to get both at one point, but in the end it's buying the same game twice. There's always trading and the GTS for version exclusives. So I've settled on buying Sword.

Back