• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How did you discover Pokecommunity?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    One of my BMGF contacts told me about this place when I was looking for a new Pokémon forum to join after my ban from BMGF.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Googled Pokemon forum a very long time ago and registered on probably every site that showed up on the first page.

Years
    I was trying to escape from a forum where I was getting badly treated by the mods there and while Google searching back in 2011, I came across PC and joined. Now I'm so glad I joined a community that is actually nice to everyone.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I wanted to join a forum where I could talk about my interests with others who shared the same interests.
    I google searched "Pokemon Forum"
    Pokecommunity was the first to appear in the search results.
    I clicked the link and here I am!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    Same way as like 2/3rds of the forum; looking to download Shiny Gold :D Well actually it wasn't Shiny Gold, but another hack which name I can't remember, but the fact is, I signed up to download a hack :p I honestly can't remember the exact details of how I ended up here, since I'm pretty sure the hack was available for download somewhere else, but PC is pretty much the hub for everything ROM hacking, so I probably would've discovered at one point or another.

Anyways, I signed up so that I could download the game, and then left again, and didn't return until a few months later where I'd gotten into actually hacking the games myself. Took a while before I got out to explore the rest of the forum, but I'm happy I did!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    It was either late 7th grade or early 8th grade when I first found out about PC from a friend that went on the site. He told me about some hack that he was planning on making, and he'd asked for my help (even though I knew nothing about hacking or ROM making or whatever it's called). I joined under the name Bloodex, but somewhere within a week, I'd forgotten that I'd signed up. So I went and signed up a second time, but for some reason, I didn't want to use Bloodex. Rather, I went ahead with the username Bloodex-fire (it's a long story), and since then, I stayed on PC. We never even got started on the ROM, and my friend left PC shortly afterwards, but I stuck around. And I'm glad that I did. =D

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Haha, Dipu, I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh everytime you mention Bloodex-fire. It's so corny. X)

Ayeeeeeee, don't even remember. Google? I think?
    I was a lurker for a while before joining, though. ¬ω¬

Years
    My story's very similar to Dipu's- my cousin and I wanted to start working on a Pokemon hack, and saw that PC was the best place to discuss and learn about making one. I decided the best thing to do would be to sign up, which I did under my old account. Nothing really happened with the hack, but fast forward two years and we decided to have another go, and we both decided to sign up that time. The hack basically went nowhere, and my cousin left not long after. I remained semi-active for the next year or two, but now here I am today.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I found it when I was looking for Pokemon hacks like Ruby Destiny series, Shiny Gold and stuff, several years ago. However, it takes years before I decided to join PC, and I finally signed up near my birthday last year.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Ah, it was a beautiful sunny day in 2011 and I decided to Google Ruby and Sapphire remakes to see if there was any news on their development (or if they were at all a possibility)

The first option that popped up was PokeCommunity, and I've been here ever since.

Still no word on those remakes though.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    It was late 2009 when I was a junior in high school, one night after stemming ze tide of paper after paper after paper in an attempt to catch up with my homework I managed to find the time to try and look up some stuff online. One thing in particular interested me as I heard rumors of a Pokémon Colosseum manga made way back when and I rushed feverishly to find these scans online. Granted my search ended in failure but I discovered this place in the process so I didn't consider my mission to be a total failure now as I managed to make a few good friends on here and find some sections that I still lurk on to this day.

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
    I was gonna download Pokemon life of Guardian and it said it was on a forum and needed an account to be able to download the rom. So, that's about it.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
    Honestly, I don't know. I just sort of knew about it. I guess people from other sites had offhandedly mentioned it enough for me to be aware of it and I just randomly decided to join.

THZskillz

The Highest Zero
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    I found it while google searching for a place to talk about pokemon. Recently created a youtube which I soon plan to start making LP's for and having an audiance and people to communicate with while I'm playing pokemon only makes the game more enjoyable. So I signed up here and so far it's pretty cool

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    I stumbled on this site via Google trying to find an answer to a question that I had for one of the versions I was playing. I joined since I thought I'd enjoy it here, discussing Pokemon topics, trading and what not.

Back