• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many languages do you speak?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Do you read and write a lot in them too?

Personally I speak English and French but hardly use my French anymore. :(

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • i spik Inglish, Malay and Chinise.

Spoiler:

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • Fluently? Two. English and French. I know some German though. I can sort of piece together some Spanish and Italian though since they're similar to French.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I can understand common tagalog/filipino, but my grammar is as good as google translate so that's as most as you'll ever get out of me.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 6, 2024
    I speak quite a few languages to a varying degree but only two where I've acquired mastery: English and Indonesian. Other than these, I also speak Japanese, French, Danish, and Italian and though I've gotten the grammar, pronunciation, and accent right, my vocabulary sucks that I probably speak like a child. I also understand a little German, Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, and Spanish.

As far as literacy (ability to read and write) goes, I can write things that are written with the Latin alphabet obviously. I know some common Kanji characters but none of the Simplified Chinese characters. As for long form writing (as in, writing something off the top of my head without stopping to think), I'll say English, Indonesian, French, and Danish are the languages where I'm very literate in. These are the languages where I have no need for subtitles in a movie as well.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • English. I can also speak a tiny little bit of german and french, and I'm starting to learn Japanese.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    english and some spanish, planning on minoring in spanish.

Years
  • I speak English. I've studied a little French and more Japanese, but not fluent in either, though I can get by in Japanese.

Spoiler:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Two: English and German. I'd imagine being able to communicate relatively well in both languages. However, my English pronunciation is probably a little bit botched.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • English fluently, Japanese is intermediate level (reading is beginner), Spanish I can only understand and am not very good at replicating. French maybe.

%

percent
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    i speak english and a decent amount of dutch, i'm pretty much set with all the grammar but my vocabulary lets me down a lot. i'm also 4 years into high school japanese, and that was more than enough to get around in japan when I went there a month or so ago

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • English and I take Spanish. I can read and write well in Spanish (at least for the level I'm in), but I have difficulty speaking on the spot.

I wouldnt mind becoming fluent in spanish.

Back