• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often do you pick up items off the ground when playing Pokémon?

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
  • I have been spending an unhealthy amount of time playing Pokémon Violet lately, mainly catching as many Pokémon as possible, EV training, grinding to TM crafting materials, breeding, and leveling up my teams. In the process, while exploring the Paldea region, I have been collecting almost every item on the ground that I see, hoping to obtain as many useful items as possible to prepare myself for the ranked battles that started two days ago. I noticed that I tend to have a habit of picking up items religiously no matter the Pokémon game, be it Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon Sword, Pokémon Ultra Sun, and so on. I even have the same habit in non-Pokémon games such as Animal Crossing. What about you? How often do pick up items when playing Pokémon?

Years
  • When replaying older games, especially gen 4 ones, I pretty much remember the important items, so I know what to pick and what I shouldn't. In the newer games, I get everything I see. Everything can be useful at some point!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Gobbles up nearly everything in sight. Lets some minor things go, such as occasional ground shinies and hidden items. Feels wrong to leave a Technical Machine on the floor, no matter how useless.

May leave some items behind barriers like Cut trees, due to forgetting about them and not wanting to head back.

Years
  • All the time! If I spot an item I'll do my best to get to it so I can pick it up, I hate leaving things untouched as a completionist. Same with Scarlet/Violet except in these games items respawn so you can never truly get all of the things laying around. :'D

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I pick up everything I see unless I know it's something I'm not going to use.

I like how in SV you can find a lot of cool stuff all around by exploring the world.

Years
  • It's not just in Pokemon, but any game with items spread around I will always grab everything and hoard them.
    Often I end up not using the bulk of it, but I will always pick up every item I see.

Years
  • It seems that items in Scarlet and Violet are procedurally generated. Be they the sparkle-on-the-ground, Pokéball or TM-ball, there seems to be a random scattering of items in each area every time I boot up the game. Heck, I bought very few healing items in my Scarlet playthrough. Now that I'm in the postgame, I can take it or leave it, but tend to seek it out if I can see that it's a TM (now that they're no longer permanent :( ).

In past games, every time. Who knows how important that item will be? And once it's gone, it's gone.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Whenever I see them, unless my bag is full, which is a thing in gens i, II and iii. Bag space is limited in these titles. But, whenever I see an item sprite on the ground, I always try to pick it up because I don't want it to just stay there lying around, you know? I'm also a person who furiously taps the a button on every single rock hoping to find a hidden item.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • If I do not pick up an item knowing fully well I am capable of keeping it, my guilt will eat me alive. This isn't limited to Pokémon games either. This obsession with being able to pick and use everything up, whether it makes sense or not, is a thing of mine. If I must eat ten apples to then acquire ten more, then so be it.

Back