• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How often do you raid in SV?

Years
  • Raids are a major feature in SV and have been improved quite a bit from their first test run in SwSh.

How often do you do them? Only during events (such as the starter raid events we've been getting, along with some others)? Never? Once in a while, when you feel like it?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Only events. Already picked up hidden abilities for most everything good. (Maybe not the newer DLC ones, though.) Usually beats the 7-star raids a few times with different Pokemon. Feels exciting to beat it with weak Pokemon (latest solid victory: Jumpluff versus Hisuian Samurott).

Clears Blissey raids when available and low on experience candy. Could be convinced to tackle some with good money or TM drops too.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • I aim to get all the pokes with the Mightiest Mark, otherwise as my dex is already complete and IVs are pretty moot thanks to overflow of Bottle Caps, I basically only join in hosted shiny raids. I don't find the raids particularly 'fun' (unless it's blasting Water/Flying Raids with Miraidon's Electro Drift⚡), and they certainly feel more laborious than SwSh; 90% of my issue is how often you get stuck in animation loops while all you want to do is just pick your next attack, especially if the raid starts running low on time.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I raided a lot during my playthrough, to get trade-evolve Pokemon and to get hidden abilities. After that I ran around doing 5 Star raids for Herba Mystica. Now I raid mostly just my 6 Star dens and 5 Star dens in the DLC area (since they seem to give better Herba Mystica drops/chances). Some Pokémon I just skip the raid entirely, though, like Slow King. Also have a rough time with Kommo-O often (especially if an awkward tera type), so I only do those if I am in the mood to sit down for a while and cycle through my raid mons for the winning combo.

Honeyloupe

Cantadew!
    Days
    • Any Pronouns
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I do Tera Raids every once in a while, but usually it's just for items like bottle caps and candies. I'm not able to participate in any online raids anyway, so I'm just stuck with the stock NPCs they give you, which isn't...great. I just find raids to be really slow and cumbersome to play honestly, with all the pauses and weird animations that play multiple times for no reason :/ the music's good though

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • I usually try to get my two 6-star raids done each day for the chance at rare drops, occasionally on the weekend I'll try to complete all of the raids on my map (only successfully did this one time). Lately been kinda lazy and only doing events.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I very rarely engage in the raids. I hate the feature, to be honest. I really only do them with friends, but now, even that stopped at the rate I used to do it.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • When the game first came out, I would complete raids daily. I would grind out the 6 star and 7 star raids with a Discord group. I have over 900 Exp L candies to show for it. Recently, I only participate in the event raids. I either join with online randos or, if a strategy is needed, with the Discord raid group.

Leywin

Zeraora's Trainer
    Years
  • Not much unless it's for event pokemon. I usually just quit after I got everything I need from the event raid. I don't like Tera raids. The strange pauses, 2 minute wait to just tell you if you can join the raid or not, and even one time where I was controlling someone else's pokemon is enough for me to dislike tera raids.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I did a couple of the tier 1 raids when I started but haven't done any raids since.

Now I just click on them and run to get the free currency.

Years
  • As little as possible tbh.

I've done the 7 star starter raids that I was interested in because I didn't have that mon with their HA yet or wanted to catch them in an apriball, the other 7 star starter raids I've just straight up ignored.
    Also did Iron Leaves/Walking Wake as it was the only way to get them, so far.
    Aside from those I only occasionally do raids when I feel like I need more herba mystica.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Pretty much all I do whenever I play as there isn't much else to do in the post-game besides hunting shinies, which I'm not really into

Back