• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How Shy Are You?

Are you very shy?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    22sa said:
    lol, yes you can yep you can, yup yup yup! :P
    Ah, yay! =D I'm glad that someone agrees, lol.

Miyu-chan said:
    I'm pretty shy... Around people that I just met, but sometimes I surprise myself by being a blabber-mouth. =_=" I can be a even bigger blabber-mouth around my mom and brother and my friends. other than that, a quiet little mouse. ;_;
    Lol, I know. I'm a big blabber-mouth around my mom and brother, too. >_> I'm kind of like a radio that's impossible to turn off. But I guess it's because I live with them and feel so comfortable around them. It's funny, though... Around some of my other family members, I get pretty quiet. Except around my grandparents, aunt, and a few cousins.

frostweaver said:
    online- not shy at all... ahem... ;p

offline in small groups- depends on situation... but doesn't say half as much (well... except to 22sa XD)

offline in big groups- complete silence...

so... is that shy or not? o.O;
    Ohh, I'm best around small groups. Like 3 or 4 people. Just talking to one person can be hard, because it's hard to think of things to talk about, and I definately won't speak up in a huge crowd. I get so nervous. One time I was supposed to say something in front of my brother's Boy Scout group, and I just froze. XD I can't even remember what I said, but it probably sounded dumb.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Kayleigh said:
    Lol, I know. I'm a big blabber-mouth around my mom and brother, too. >_> I'm kind of like a radio that's impossible to turn off. But I guess it's because I live with them and feel so comfortable around them. It's funny, though... Around some of my other family members, I get pretty quiet. Except around my grandparents, aunt, and a few cousins.

That reminds me of what my 4th grade teacher use to call me.
    He called me the Engergizer bunny (y'know that battery) because I can't stop talking. :P
    It keeps going and going......XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Lol, how funny! XD I guess another reason that I don't talk too much, is because when I'm nervous around strangers, I tend to say dumb things. I did the other day with my mom, and she's like, 'You can even say a 'Kayleigh'!'. She calls any clumsy move that I do a 'Kayleigh', because I do so many of them. She's named every single clumsy move after me! o_o That's how clumsy I am.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Well, I'm the complete opposite of Teara. I don't like to say anything unless I think it's important. If I'm around my family I'm not really shy, especialy around my brother(I have to yell at him all the time) but in public I hardly ever talk. Alot of my peirs try to make me talk and think it's strange that I don't but I don't really mind, because when I do feel like talking I know I have alot of friends that I can talk comfertably with.
    Around someone I may fancy, however, I act like I don't even see him and turn away blushing. If I'm able to I'll walk away so there's no risk of him talking to me and making me have to use my awfull social skills.

~Becky

Kimi88

enchanted w.i.t.c.h.
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2007
    i'm not shy online but in real life i'm tottaly shy ^_^;

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    Kayleigh said:
    Lol, how funny! XD I guess another reason that I don't talk too much, is because when I'm nervous around strangers, I tend to say dumb things. I did the other day with my mom, and she's like, 'You can even say a 'Kayleigh'!'. She calls any clumsy move that I do a 'Kayleigh', because I do so many of them. She's named every single clumsy move after me! o_o That's how clumsy I am.
    A 'Kayleigh'? That's pretty funny! I guess I'm not quite clumsy enough to earn that title hehe...
    Suprisingly enough, I haven't anything too clumsy lately. I guess I might finally be wising up hehe...

Same here Becky! People constantly ask why I don't talk, but I just respond with a lame. "I don't know,'
    For some reason, I can't get myself to say it's because of the cursing.....

Teara

Years
    100Marios said:
    Same here Becky! People constantly ask why I don't talk, but I just respond with a lame. "I don't know,'
    For some reason, I can't get myself to say it's because of the cursing.....
    Oh my, nothing bothers me more then when someone tries to get me involved in a conversation with alot of cursing. I never swear and it bothers me to listen to people excesivly swearing for no reason, let alone trying to get me to talk like that.
    You do better then me though, I don't even say 'I don't know' I just shrug my shoulders and look away.

~Becky

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Lol, all of my family has turned it into a joke. They'll say that to each other now. XD 'Don't pull a Kayleigh!' Ahh... And I have been my usual clumsy self lately, unfortunately. I just tripped on the stairs again, for the millionth time.

And my mom asks me why I'm shy around the family a lot. It's only around the ones I don't see very much. Ah well.

Eh, and I can't stand the cursing either. =\ I hate when people do it around me.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    OroOroOroOroOro???????? XD anyways, people also ask me y i dont talk. sometimes i answer back saying i dont know, and sometimes i dont even answer back. i might just shrug me shoulders. thats what i mostly do when someone ask me a question: shrug my shoulders. so it would go something like this:

Person: OH MY GOD!!! Steven's dying! Kevin! What should I do!?
    Me: *shrugs shoulders*

XD

100marios

Years
    Teara said:
    Oh my, nothing bothers me more then when someone tries to get me involved in a conversation with alot of cursing. I never swear and it bothers me to listen to people excesivly swearing for no reason, let alone trying to get me to talk like that.
    You do better then me though, I don't even say 'I don't know' I just shrug my shoulders and look away.

~Becky
    I really don't want to say that, but it just seems to come out. I've had some bad reactions when people found out I didn't curse....it's wierd!

So, you've made yourself infamous around the house Kayleigh!
    I'm usually at the end of every pun in my house, so that's my title hehe...

Around my immediate family, I'm not shy one bit! I can get a little shy around my relatives though. I hardly see them very much, so it's only natural.

Strong silent type eh Kenshin?
    Hehe...

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    online- not shy at all... ahem... ;p

offline in small groups- depends on situation... but doesn't say half as much (well... except to 22sa XD)

offline in big groups- complete silence...

so... is that shy or not? o.O;
    *Fellowship of Ring music playing in the backgroud*

Ah, well I still don't like that church. ;_; Silence is a weapon I tend to carry around too o.o some people don't like it - especially the school failures with Ds on their report card.
    Teara said:
    I don't like to say anything unless I think it's important.
    That's me at school. o.o

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Hah, yeah. Noooooo one wants to go near me when I'm carrying something breakable, lol. ^_^; I've knocked over my mom's irnoning board twice in the last two days, and there's no telling how many irons I've broken. (Her nice, new one fell on the floor the other day when I accidently knocked it over, and she laughed and goes, 'How many does this make?')

I have a bad history with irons.

100marios

Years
    Kayleigh said:
    Hah, yeah. Noooooo one wants to go near me when I'm carrying something breakable, lol. ^_^; I've knocked over my mom's irnoning board twice in the last two days, and there's no telling how many irons I've broken. (Her nice, new one fell on the floor the other day when I accidently knocked it over, and she laughed and goes, 'How many does this make?')

My mom would go ballistic if that happened to her things. When I was little I was extremely clumsy. I used to trip over nothing once every five minutes. That takes some clumsiness hehe...

Right now though, when I do something clumsy, it's usually because I go too far. The floor is really slick in my house, so I like to slide everywhere I go. I'm bound to trip sooner or later.

Irons, huh? My sister has had a few problems with them, but I hardly go near them. I have no reason to.

Last edited:

Teara

Years
    oh my, Kayleigh, you remind me of someone else I know(there is a good chance it's Teara). I'm not very clumsy though. I don't do much so there arn't very many opportunities for me to break things or trip. And since I don't talk much I can concentrate of where I'm going and what I'm doing more.
    EDIT: (by Teara)
    ~Becky (tzk tzk Becky, ya forgot:P)

Last edited:

22sa

Years
    100marios said:
    My mom would go ballistic if that happened to her things. When I was little I was extremely clumsy. I used to trip over nothing once every five minutes. That takes some clumsiness hehe...

Right now though, when I do something clumsy, it's usually because I go too far. The floor is really slick in my house, so I like to slide everywhere I go. I'm bound to trip sooner or later.

Irons, huh? My sister has had a few problems with them, but I hardly go near them. I have no reason to.
    Hah, so would mine. There's nothing that can stop her. o_o It's the same message she trys to get across to me everytime: "I can and will yell at you! I have an excuse!" -__- She has a serious problem with it because to her I'm not worth the things I break. o.o I tend to be the one to accidently spill cups of soda at parties too...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Lol. I?m going to have to start using ?Kayleigh? as a verb now. :3

Ack, I?m fine in large groups so long as I don?t know anyone in the group. Cause I have a fear that if I screw up, my friend with get themselves in trouble trying to cover for me or something. Weird fear, but I have it. ._.;;

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I should also add that I think I have social anxiety disorder really, really bad...I don't like to be around other people and I have bad problems saying things to anyone outside...I even have problems answering people on phones, ordering food at restaurants, and stuff like that...I'm not sure if that's shyness though...like I said it's probably something unhealthy >_<

22sa

Years
    Kayleigh said:
    Ah, yay! =D I'm glad that someone agrees, lol.

Ohh, I'm best around small groups. Like 3 or 4 people. Just talking to one person can be hard, because it's hard to think of things to talk about, and I definately won't speak up in a huge crowd. I get so nervous. One time I was supposed to say something in front of my brother's Boy Scout group, and I just froze. XD I can't even remember what I said, but it probably sounded dumb.
    I guess my sis would be the radio in our house, the rest of us don't talk much. ^^'

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    frostweaver said:
    not that much... i wish we do meet up more often o.o However I say that because after we met, he keeps voting me the most talkative person on PC in MOTM...

It's still quite easy to be shy online actually... and Miyu you think you're not strange or something? Go out there and give me one thing, anything that's normal (excluding the definition of Pokemon being "normal" because of their types), and... I'll give you as much votes as I can next time in MOTM! XD
    Normal eh? I think it's like when you don't have wings growing out of your back, don't breathe fire or water, don't have super strength, has normal grades, has normal speed, etc... The same goes for pokemon. =P

Speaking of online friends... I just found out that a friend of mine on another forum lives accross my school... *creepy music playing*

Kayleigh said:

lol, that reminds me of my brother, he used to wreck things while he was little, but in a different way. n_n; He used to "take apart" the VCR device, and they broke. x_x;;

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Oro? i'm also very clumsy.......hmm.... *trips over air*(XD) OMG! I just pulled a kayleigh! XD

Back