• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyrule Warriors - Now in Stores!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Apparently you can get the scarf video game bundle (as in, Link's scarf) from Nintendo world, but, it's not available for pre-order so first come first serve. o:

Would I look like a dork if I just walked the streets, wearing that scarf? x)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Would I look like a dork if I just walked the streets, wearing that scarf? x)

Yes! :D

I'm still just glad Nintendo is broadening their franchise base. This is a great way to mix it up and it reminds me of the Gamecube era when we had amazing spin-offs like Luigi's Mansion, Wario's World, Star Fox: Aventures, and others like those. The Wii U's getting Cap't Toad, Hyrule Warriors, that Kirby one, and I'm sure more, but those are the types of things I love seeing and buying for my consoles. Unique, but familiar experiences with my favorite characters.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    Two weeks to go and looking forward to the game ever still. I've actually scheduled a day off work on release day (Been working a ton of OT lately so it gave me a good enough excuse to take a day off :P ) so come the 26th I'll be HW'ing all day long. All. Day. Long. 8D I haven't taken a day off work for a game release since...uh...I think Skyrim. Long overdue.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Guess who just preordered their copy from Amazon?? I know we'll get the costumes eventually, but I thought hey why not :p I like the Twilight Princess ones the most, so that's why I picked Amazon. I'm so PUMPED!

Years
  • Guess who just preordered their copy from Amazon?? I know we'll get the costumes eventually, but I thought hey why not :p I like the Twilight Princess ones the most, so that's why I picked Amazon. I'm so PUMPED!

I went with the Twilight Princess pack too.

Skyward Sword was an easy, "no". But I had a tough time selecting between the other two since I prefer OoT Link and TP Zelda. I guess I slightly preferred TP Link over OoT Zelda, so I went with Amazon too. Plus, I can be lazy and save on driving out to Gamestop.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • I was going to pre-order my copy, because it came with the OoT DLC pack. But to be honest I'm pretty lazy so I might just go get a copy when I can, and it comes out on the 20th in Australia, so yay 5 more days!

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Glitches ahoy! Looks like some players have reliably been able to do the character model glitch. Basically, the characters model gets replaced with another characters, as seen here with Lana getting her model swapped.

On topic, pre-ordered from Amazon. So, TP costumes here I come!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Man, those glitches creep me out. I simply can't imagine seeing Ganondorf doing Lana's pose.

I still haven't pre-ordered my copy yet, because there's no one in my family who is interested in going to Best Buy, which has the Skyward Sword costumes.

Oh, and reviews are up, and as I expected, the nature of the Dynasty Warriors series prevented it from achieving high scores like the core Zelda games: https://playeressence.com/hyrule-warriors-review-round-up/

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Since it was a spinoff, I honestly wasn't really expecting scores as high as the main series Zeldas but I'm glad that they are still pretty high up there! After this weekend it's just one more week guys!

Arc

Years
  • Those reviews are in line with the usual score that any Warriors game receives. The Warriors series have a certain stigma that is prevalent with most reviewers. So, you shouldn't be expecting a grand score.

Also, have some more glitches.

Spoiler:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • So, impressions seem to be that the game seems to be fun but certainly not amazing.

Do I want to pick it up now and still sneak up a preorder so I can get some costume DLC? Or do I wait till Christmastime where I'll be able to buy it at less than full price likely.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Do I want to pick it up now and still sneak up a preorder so I can get some costume DLC? Or do I wait till Christmastime where I'll be able to buy it at less than full price likely.

Maybe on eBay, but don't expect much or any price drop at local retailers. Considering how long Skyward Sword took for it's price to drop, I wouldn't expect a Nintendo game with such a staple icon and so much hype behind it to drop in price for awhile, let alone before the holidays.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Maybe on eBay, but don't expect much or any price drop at local retailers. Considering how long Skyward Sword took for it's price to drop, I wouldn't expect a Nintendo game with such a staple icon and so much hype behind it to drop in price for awhile, let alone before the holidays.

But... I always find deals during the holiday season? I make most of my game purchases then o.o 1/2 off, buy x get y, Black Friday/ Cyber Monday / Boxing Day. Gift certificates I get from Christmas. Price matching obscure retailers that have a holiday sale.

Huh? :\

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • But... I always find deals during the holiday season? I make most of my game purchases then o.o 1/2 off, buy x get y, Black Friday/ Cyber Monday / Boxing Day. Gift certificates I get from Christmas. Price matching obscure retailers that have a holiday sale.

Huh? :\

Hey if you succeed at it, more power to you. I hate going on Black Friday but if you can snag it more power to you. Either way I hope there is a deal considering I'd totally jump on that train if the opportunity presents itself.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • According to a tweet, 4 packs of paid DLC are coming to HyruleWarriors, and you can buy a season pass for $19.99 & receive a bonus Dark Link costume:

Yup. =D

Arc

Years
  • Free update that adds Cia, Valga, and Wizro as playable characters as well. Yaaay.

Just to elaborate on the DLC packs as mentioned by Dragon.

Gematsu said:
    • Ura Zelda Musou Pack: October 16, 2014. 1200 yen. Includes one new weapon, a new scenario, an Adventure Map Pack, and two costumes.
    • Twilight Princess Pack: Late November 2014. 1200 yen. Includes one new character, one new weapon, an Adventure Map Pack, and two costumes.
    • Majora's Mask Pack: January 2015. 1200 yen. Includes two new characters, an Adventure Map Pack, and three costumes.
    • Ganon Pack: February 2015. 500 yen. Includes two new game modes.

So, it looks we are indeed getting DLC characters. In all honesty when they announced DLC, I was expecting more of the lines of just adding weapons and stages, not costumes and characters to boot ._. Koei usually makes you bleed money for costumes as they typically try to sell them separately from stages packs and such.

I wonder who are three new characters will be though? Judging from the name, it's safe to assume one new Twilight Princess characters and two new Majora's Mask characters. Also, I have no doubt in my mind that one of those Majora's Mask characters will be you know who.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • No Skyward Sword Pack to include Groose? That's a bummer. And I thought they were planning to save Majora's Mask characters for a sequel?

Those reviews are in line with the usual score that any Warriors game receives. The Warriors series have a certain stigma that is prevalent with most reviewers. So, you shouldn't be expecting a grand score.
    And yet CoD, which shares a similar stigma as the Warriors series, receives higher scores from reviewers.

Arc

Years
  • No Skyward Sword Pack to include Groose? That's a bummer. And I thought they were planning to save Majora's Mask characters for a sequel?
    Well, it would seem that Hyrule Warriors was planned to have long-term DLC sometime during development. So, I don't know where the word of a possible sequel got out. Is there going to be a sequel? Probably, the game did fairly well in Japan. Sold around 60% of it's first shipment in a country that is all about the smartphones and handhelds now, that's somewhat impressive. I can only imagine Hyrule Warriors will do just as well or even better every where else, especially since Zelda is more popular with the other regions.

And yet CoD, which shares a similar stigma as the Warriors series, receives higher scores from reviewers.
    The irony of it.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I've been viewing a Let's Play of Hyrule Warriors and it just looks like some good fun, blended with some unique Zelda action. I'm really interested in buying it. I may go splurge and buy two or three U games in a week after my interviews: 3D World, Tropical Freeze, and now Hyrule Warriors (or Pikmin 3).

Back