• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I absolutely hate flying and heights

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Being alone, heights to some degree, having my defibrillator go off and storms. Those are the biggest ones right now. A weird one though is I have to wear rubber gloves to change light bulbs.

Years
    I'm deathly afraid of mice, other pests that creep me out are cockroaches and bedbugs. I hope neither of these three things ever come to my home. I'm also not fond of worms.

I'm a little germaphobic too. I have always tensed up when others around me are sick, even when it was just standard cold and flu, but now with Covid my fear has reached new levels.

I don't like rides that drop you for stories, fast roller coasters I am okay with but drop rides I am a bit squeamish about

Lots of noise and loud conversation also frightens me. I get upset when my space is disrespected, and have social phobia--that may surprise people because I can be quite a talker with familiar faces that I am comfortable around, but I do best in small intimate environments especially one-on-one, if it's too busy with too many people then I get uncomfortable.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I'm afraid of the dark. I can't even sleep with the lights off, so I leave it on at night. I'm fine w/the movies, but I rarely go anyway. I've always needed at least a tiny bit of light coming into the room, or I'll just be afraid. I will scream if the lightbulb blows out at night, also. =/

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    I have common fears like spiders and I'm (somewhat) afraid of heights, but I also think I have a couple strange fears?

I'm afraid of being on boats, but I feel like I'm really good at hiding it. I never learned how to swim and I've had a couple experiences where I've almost drowned, so it's been really scary for me. Once a long-distance friend came to visit from another country with his family, and his mom suggested we go whale watching, which requires me to be on a boat for several hours. They had already bought the tickets, and I didn't have the heart to say no to them...
    I only think I'm good at hiding it because they never said anything to me afterwards, and because I agreed to go on a ferry with my parents a few years ago even though they knew of my fear, and my dad said it seemed like it was no problem for me.

I've been teased a couple times for this but... I'm also afraid of vacuums. I like cleaning and having a clean space but they're so extremely loud, and hearing such a loud noise, even when I'm expecting it, in my own home is scary for me. I used to live in a room that was fully carpeted, and I'll admit I asked my mom to vacuum it for me a few too many times...

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Choking on food was my biggest fear for a long time and it led to an ED twice and a lot of mental health troubles (very long backstory). Not as big of a fear now but its always at the back of my mind and the one that had the biggest impact on my life. I used to be scared of my intrusive thoughts but I deal with them well now. Other than that probably the dark, small spaces or being stuck outside in a thunderstorm. Cheerful I know :D

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't have many common fears. More akin to another who posted in this thread, it's stuff that would mostly be considered strange. I've stood on a 300 ft structure, and I think I get more of a thrill out of heights than fear, as long as i'm not dangling. We live deep into a forest area, so I had to get accustomed to taking our dog out at night in the dark. It's a bit eerie, but also tranquil.

I'm afraid of going into elevators, especially on my own. I don't like the idea of the elevator free-falling, or getting stuck.

I also have a fear of gunshots and guns in general. Fictional guns are perfectly fine. This doesn't start unless it's a real gunshot, which I can distinguish.

I don't like squeezing feelings. That could be from getting my blood pressure checked, or someone hugging too hard. This might be the worst out of all of them because I can't hide it.

Last edited:
    Years
    falling from high places, the deep oceans, flying roaches, fascism taking over my country, getting shot/stabbed

the usual stuff y'know

Years
    I'm am hugely terrified of heights. I freak the fuck out if I don't feel in control of my body/actions too, especially since that one triggers both my anxiety disorder and the PTSD lmao.
    Naturally, than means planes are a big bag of nope for me these days being both a situation/environment I have no control over and ridiculously high up.

Back