• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If your parents became members of PC

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    What if your parents became members on here? Like what would you do and what would your first response be if they told you this news? I know some people would be totally cool with it and others would freak out. lol

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    My parents are pretty technologically illiterate but if they managed to become members, I'd leave lol. My mum legit told me that she only got Instagram so she can see what I'm up to (...I live at home with them...) and they would 100% creep on me here if they were members here lol

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    That is impossible.

The technological and language barriers would make the chances of that extremely low. Not to mention the fact that they can barely understand what a Pokemon IS from looking at it. (They're all "roosters" or "rabbits" according to them) And they have no idea what I do all day on my computer.

If they did manage to join, I would not post until they got bored of it and left. Which would be fairly soon. They'd be too confused to even navigate the place and find my posts anyway.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    My parents? Members of a Pokemon forum?? *stifles laughter* That'll be the day. In the very rare event that they do join... It'd be quite some time till you guys see me again.

Years
    All I can think is how funny it would be for someone's parents to join and then see this thread. Oh the arguments that would ensue.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh lord hahahhahahah

Dad would become modded in Discussions & Debates in no time, and hang out a lot in General Entertainment and the Technology section probably.

Mum would overtake my post count in a matter of weeks, going on posting sprees in Forum Games and Treehouse. Also she would make sure a new forum for Animals & Pets was created.

Me? I'd just laugh when I found out. My parents are silly dorks and I love them <3

Years
    My mum probably wouldn't be too bad, even though she's not great with the internet but she a least knows most of the first gen pokemon.

My dad would be pretty awful going by the type of stuff he posts on facebook, most of it isn't even readable tbh.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    "The heck? Mum, you don't like Pokemon games. Dad, you don't like any video games!"

I wouldn't be embarrassed... just confused. Seems we all have a common sort of response though, haha.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    "Welcome to our newest member, "Minerva's Mom".

If your parents became members of PC

Back