• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • My dad knows that I really enjoy Jack Daniel Honey Whiskey, so he likes to flaunt it around the house whenever I'm around. Man, I can't wait till I turn 21; one more year and then all the whiskey whenever I want ~

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    We have a couple cabinets full of those antique wines, and whiskies! I hope they're not looking to pass them off to my sister, and I sometime down the road...

Grandma has a bottle of Dom Perignon sitting there, it's so frustrating seeing stuff like that and not drinking it.

And the JR honey is quite good. Used to buy a pint and drink It that night from the bottle, went down so well. I've slowed down though.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Probably snobbery towards anything is one of my biggest pet peeves. Some people call it having a refined palate, I just call it being unable to enjoy 50%+ of things in the world because they're not fancy enough. While I'm sincerely enjoying a 50 cent frozen burrito, they're spending 10 dollars on fancy fish because they can't appreciate certain things.

That reminds me of something I saw on TBBT a long time ago:
    In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    That reminds me of something I saw on TBBT a long time ago:
    In the midnight hour, she cries because she's sad and alone and just a little pathetic.

That's me! I am a bit of a snob though, I don't mind at all spending extra money on nice things. All of my shorts are like Vineyard Vines, Polo, or Lacoste (or sharks jerseys), because they're a lot better than a walmart or other kind of polo shirt. They just last longer and feel great. Same thing with like liquor or beer, I don't mind dropping an extra 10 on something way better, if I'm gonna eat or drink something, I'd just like the best. It's why I always had my girlfriend cook, she's the GOAT.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'm this way too, I feel like I work hard for my money and if I'm gonna spend it on things then dammit they're gonna be nice things. So I always go for blu ray instead of DVDs, I'll only buy games new (never used) and I won't buy cheap booze, only the best brand of each. I don't wanna waste my money on crap I won't enjoy as much

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • It is important to me that what I do buy is quality and is exactly how I want it, being the miser I am. My sister is the sort who will go to the mall and blow $800 on clothes and shoes and pedicures and manicures and hair treatment, where I'm the sort who will go on PC Part Picker and blow $800 on a brand-new computer rig. She likes buying that stuff (as much as I don't), so I guess I just have different priorities. She's also incredibly weak to the pressure of impulsive buying, where I'll just look around the store and buy like 1 thing that interests me – if I'm even going to "shop" (more often than not I have a list of things I need in my head beforehand). Don't get me wrong, as my sister turns into quite the little beauty queen when she gets her hair done and her skin tanned in a new slinky dress with high heels. It's not been in my interest to go to those lengths for fashion, even though I still like being tan and clear with good hair and clothes. :p

I get really attached to certain articles of clothing that I either think look good on me or I've had a long time, like my black denim jacket, "Metal" hoodie, or my DP Pokémon shirts I've literally had since elementary school. When I shop for clothes I look for things I can love and attach to, and incorporate smoothly into whatever persona I have at that point in my life.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I wouldn't equate "liking nice things" with being a snob - you can want to eat good food without being a snob about it. To me at least, snobs are more people that put down the worse alternative and are unable to actually enjoy it. I prefer a lot of more expensive things to cheaper things, but the cheaper things are still enjoyable, you know?

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    I just couldn't enjoy the lesser thing knowing I could of paid a bit more to get the best. I bought a new golf driver the other day, it was cheaper than the Cleveland I wanted. Lord knows I went back to trade it in before I shot a round.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I have a rare day off today, normally i'd be spending it as lazily as possible, but unfortunately I have things to do. Things which require me to get out of bed, get dressed, and leave the house. Ehh :(

On the plus side, however, it's pay day tomorrow!

Years
  • I had my first Tuesday off this year, but that's because my Tuesday class ended last week. It felt weird if you ask me lmao

RedWarrior702

Returning to the community!
    Years
  • I wouldn't be able to sleep in til 3 on a day off... Maybe til 8 or so in the morning but I can't stand having absolutely nothing to do. I don't think I could force myself to sleep if I know the sun's still up.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I only do because I work so much, it's a blessing in disguise. However, I can fall asleep just about anywhere: car rides, trains to and fro, airplane. You name it, I can most likely sleep there (except for maybe a boat; I get sea sick very easily :S)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I'm having a day off on Thursday! ^^ I usually end up spending all the day in bed, doing nothing productive. Can't sleep during the day unless I'm sick or really bored.

Years
  • I had yesterday off! It was nice, but work today was tiresome. ):
    I can't wait for this weekend, though. I'm going on a road trip with my sister and nephew - and I don't even have to drive!!! n_n!!!!

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Even though Khilia has the rest of the week off, I still have a whole schoolweek to finish (and lunch detention erryday), so :(

Right now I just want to sleep. I think I'm going to enter slumber listening to the audible sound of space – particularly the rings of Uranus. This day really has been too much. -__-

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I can't wait for this weekend, though. I'm going on a road trip with my sister and nephew - and I don't even have to drive!!! n_n!!!!

Going anywhere good? My friends and I drove up to Connecticut one time to go camping, and the car ride there was incredible! Just jammin' out to tunes and chillin', it can surprisingly be a lot of fun!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back