• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Invisible mode, do you use it?

Years
    I used to often turn on invisible mode if I was going through personal issues, but as of late the only purpose I use it for is to let people know I won't be online for a while, usually if I'm going out of home for long hours and won't be back until like a very late time or something. But most of the time I do remain visible just because people want to talk to me after all!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm only invisible when I'm REALLY busy and just want to browse without any distraction. Otherwise, there's no reason for me to be invisible when I can just log off. :P

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I use Invisible mode when I was not feeling good or having issues, or when I know I'll be away from PC for weeks for circumstances like vacations.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I used invisible mode only once for a few hours...haven't used it since. I never really liked using invisible mode tbh.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I never tend to use invisible mode since I don't see much point to it! It still gives your "last online" time and people will see if you're posting in threads anyway, so for me it's not much use. I can see someone using it if they just want to read through threads without being disturbed but I prefer to reply to people and post opinions in threads so there'd not be much point in being 'invisible' haha.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I haven't used invisible mode since I became a moderator, just because I feel it makes it easier for people to contact me.

I used to browse PC in invisible mode all the time though, it hid my lurking skills a lot better :P.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Only time I used invisible mode was when we had that hitman game and we had to 'kill' the person we had targeted by posting right under them saying we killed them :P

So I went into invisible mode so no one would know where I last posted or when I was last online :P

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    It has been a while, admittedly. I used to do it a lot before, but now I feel no need to do so. It was a decent way of avoiding certain obligations I had to people, since I've always been a pretty busy person. Nowadays, I just try to avoid making promises I cannot commit to, on PC. It's a bit of a pointless feature though, especially since staff can always tell when you're online. Then again, it has been a while since I've been off staff so I don't remember how useful it is outside of that. As long as I remain a staff member, I'm not sure I'll use it.

Years
    I never tend to use invisible mode since I don't see much point to it! It still gives your "last online" time and people will see if you're posting in threads anyway, so for me it's not much use. I can see someone using it if they just want to read through threads without being disturbed but I prefer to reply to people and post opinions in threads so there'd not be much point in being 'invisible' haha.
    Actually, invisible mode does not reveal your last seen date at all. Only staff has that sort of access, unless things are different in the battle server staff usergroup.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've used invisible mode before, but for no apparent reason, really. I just wanted to remain as some sort of an anonymous, I guess? I've turned the mode off back in July last year though, and haven't used it ever since. Don't know if I'll use it again, but probably not.

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
    Years
    Isn't that defeating the purpose of being on a public forum? I don't plan on using it, as I want people to get in contact with me if I am online

Back