• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's 1:15, not 1:30!

Years
    Do you have clocks that ever start to fall behind from the actual time and end up slow? Or likewise, clocks that are ahead of the current time? Or wall clocks that are just shut in place and never move?

The microwave in my dorm room has a tendency to, after a few days, really fall a few minutes behind the time on my computer, so after a while I end up resetting it. It gradually falls lower than what my sources state.

How about you? Do you have any clocks that are fast or slow? Do you ever intentionally do that? Discuss.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    For some reason my computer ended up becoming 1-2 minute slower a couple months ago and no matter how many times I set it forward, it resets after turning back on.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I noticed a few weeks ago that the clock on my computer was running about 15 minutes behind for some reason, so I fixed that.

Then the wall clock in my room's batteries died like.....a year ago and I haven't bothered to do anything about it. It's been showing 8:35 for all that time. I also have a digital clock in my room too, but that one's on time.

IDK why I have two clocks in my room though....

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    My microwave clock is behind five minutes, but I never really use it, so I don't think about changing it. All of the important clocks, like my computer and alarm clock, are set to the right time, with the latter set around a minute ahead. I need all the extra time I can get in the morning. Ask my roommate, I don't function until I've had my cereal.

Blurryface

Cheer up, baby.
    Years
    My laptop is two minutes behind the actual time, which sucks in school because it throws me off when I'm waiting for the bell to ring.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I have a terrible habit of being 2 or 3 minutes late wherever I go. So I have all my clocks(except for my laptop and cellphone) set to 5 minutes fast. Then I just act as if that's what time it actually is. I'll be late, otherwise ;__;

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    People still use clocks? I have decorative clocks in my room for good looks, don't even bother setting them. I mean I gotta phone for that, and it sets itself. I don't even set the clock in my car.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I have the clock in my car four minutes ahead so I'll get my ass to work. Everything else I have set to the correct time. At work literally every clock tells you a different time besides the register clocks so I go by them. Even the time card clock is three minutes ahead.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    My alarm clock tends to run fast. I haven't fixed it in a couple of months, and it's about five minutes ahead now. While it might be helpful to forget that it's ahead so I get up a bit earlier/have a little more time in the morning, I tend to just mentally compensate for the five minute difference. Other than that, I think most of my clocks tell the right time. I've been traveling a lot, so I have to keep resetting my watch for different time zones, but I try to get it to match my phone, so it normally tells the right time (or close enough).

When I was younger, I used to try to convince my parents to let me stay up late by setting my alarm clock slow (so it wouldn't read my bedtime). If I did it by a few minutes, they'd go along with it, but any more than that and they wouldn't pretend to be fooled anymore.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    In our house, we have clocks that aren't exact on the time. Some are slow, others are fast. The only accurate clocks are the ones on our phones, computer systems and my nano. I guess because it has something to do with the GPS thing.

Years
    All of the clocks in my house are minorly out of sync, but by no more than a couple of minutes. For example, if it's 1:00, my iPod will say that it's 12:57, but my microwave will say it's 1:03. It's not a huge deal seeing as my phone and laptop are set to the correct time, so I tend to look at them before anything else, and just use the other clocks around the house as reference. Still, I should probably get around to syncing them all at some point, haha.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    My digital devices are on sync. My analog and digital clocks... not really. Most of them are off by 15-30 minutes.

blue

gucci
    Years
    The clock in my car has been set an hour late since the clocks went back, I haven't really bothered to change it but it does throw me from time to time..

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Most of our clocks are off by about 3 or 4 minutes, the one in my room is still set an hour ahead but it's not a big deal, especially when we're about to change back anyways.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    YES. for some reason, the clock in my car always end up being slow no matter how many times i reset the time.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    I really thought this thread would be about people who round the time up by 15+ minutes. Considering I'm usually late or on time to events I've added an extra five minutes to my alarms. Who knows, at this rate I'll be late to my funeral.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I am always precisely on time, but my contacts are frequently late or early; depending on the time of year because I refuse to acknowledge daylight saving time

Back