• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

its too hot!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    do you enjoy spicy food? what kinds do you like?
    whats the hottest thing you've tried?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • no, i'm a baby. :dansad:

The hottest food I eat on a semi-regular basis is Japanese curry since we recently switched from using the standard mild roux blocks to a medium-spice powdered form. It's easier to dilute into the curry but it means I can't eat as much (or I need TONS of rice with it) because the heat builds up so quick for me. :'(

when u see those "spice level: white person" jokes... it's about me. u_u

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    no, i'm a baby. :dansad:

The hottest food I eat on a semi-regular basis is Japanese curry since we recently switched from using the standard mild roux blocks to a medium-spice powdered form. It's easier to dilute into the curry but it means I can't eat as much (or I need TONS of rice with it) because the heat builds up so quick for me. :'(

when u see those "spice level: white person" jokes... it's about me. u_u

but how is your tolerance on... say...
    french toast with extra cinnamon

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I can't eat spicy food due to acid reflux, honestly. It burns my throat and I can still feel the spice in my throat for a long time afterwards.

I can't even really eat spicy chips without it burning my throat and having a negative reaction to it... but I think if I try eating slightly hot stuff every once in awhile, it'll help me get used to it, and I won't be bothered by it anymore?

Years
  • very mild is all i can tolerate, otherwise i go on fire :< don't tolerate spicy food well at all, would rather no spiciness at all. not going to ever try anything more than mild haha

pkmin3033

I am anti-heat in all things, and that includes food. Spice upsets my stomach something awful.

Years
  • I tried eating a roasted snail with hot sauce once. Boy, that went down awfully.

Seriously though, I enjoy medium spiciness, but it needs to actually taste good. Also I am not a fan of garlic or onions at all because of the after-burps. (I thought of hot wings with a garlic-y sauce when typing this out)

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used to be pretty good with spicy foods. Not like, god-tier spice tolerance but I could handle spiciness just fine. For some reason though, after getting sick, I've gotten a lot more sensitive to spiciness than I used to be. I think it's because my diet changed drastically and stopped including spices for a really long time.

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I can't handle much spiciness at the moment. It's just really hard for me. I'm also that "white person level of spices" individual. I had jalapeño cheetohs the other day by accident and nearly died.

Years
    • Seen today
    I can't tolerate anything spicy, unless I'm constantly drinking water along with it.

Years
  • To illustrate how much I like spicy: I made myself a breakfast yesterday (eggs, potatoes, sausage) with the intent of being able to add a bit of my ghost pepper salsa. I've also put sriracha sauce in similar breakfasts. Or on popcorn. I always have a container of crushed red pepper that I can put on random dinner things if I feel like it.

Although ghost pepper seems to be my limit, as I found out from the chips I got once - they actually made my stomach hurt if I ate more than a few! That never happens with me!

But anything below that is fair game as far as I'm concerned. :D

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm alright. I'll do medium spicyness usually in restuarants and manage; hotter than that is too much for me. I don't have spicy stuff that often though.

Bay

Years
  • Mostly mild. I can handle some types of chili/hot sauce and curry fine. However, I don't do well with big peppers and jalapenos.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Medium tends to be the most I can do before it starts getting too hot and I need to have some kind of dressing to offset the heat if it's something like wings. I like jalapenos but that's the most I can go when it comes to peppers I can't do anything hotter than that which honestly is pretty sad because of half my heritage oop.

Years
  • I do enjoy spicy food to a certain extent! I can tolerate a few jalapeños in my food, for example. Most of the time, if I'm ordering something at a restaurant, I'll order medium as far as spiciness goes. I still am not a fan of too spicy chips/hot cheetos/etc.

Years
  • I love spicy food and always cook with spices. We all have our limits of course and I definitely have mine, but generally I think I can handle a fair amount of spice.

Back