• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jewelry

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Do you wear jewelry? If so, what kind? Is it real, or costume jewelry? I never wear jewelry, as it makes me feel extremely constricted. I tried wearing a ring before, it was heavy. All jewelry feels like this to me, so I just don't wear it. I need to be able to feel free when I move around.

I've been liking jewelry a lot more lately! Some co-workers from my last job got me a cute bangle with a kitty charm on it, a very pretty now-retired ring with pink gems, and another ring with a dragonfly and droplet, all from Pandora. Though I am sad to say I lost the pink ring and still have no idea where the heck it could have gone ; ; Fortunately I can order a new one from other sites even if it's retired, though my most comfortable ring size is 5.5 and Pandora doesn't stock anything in that size. And she can't seem to remember the size of the ring she got me lol oops.

Years
    I don't really wear jewellery. I have a couple of necklaces buried somewhere that I haven't even looked at for years. The only thing I would wear is a sterling silver bracelet I got as a gift from some important people years ago, but it managed to get grimey when I moved a while back and needs a clean. Once I actually get around to cleaning and polishing it I'll possibly start wearing it again.

Years
    I used to wear pendants quite a bit when I was younger but not so much anymore. It's kind of a shame because I feel like deep down I wouldn't mind wearing a nice pendant, but I've also found they tend to get easily caught in things and ripped off my neck and I'd rather avoid that altogether.

Perhaps at one point in the future I'll get back to wearing them again, though.

also, I never really was interested in watches as a fashion statement so I don't really wear those lmao

Years
    I wear earrings, and that is about all I can be bothered with. I do not wear a lot of makeup, usually just lipgloss, so a little jewelry is a quick and subtle way to make my appearance somewhat more colorful. When i am having a bad hair day it is nice to be able pin my locks back and let some cool jewelry be the star of the show instead.

I wear real stones. I like being natural, the clothes I wear are made from natural materials like linen, cotton. I like homemade things. My hair is worn naturally, no dyes and chemicals etc. Synthethic usually just doesn't feel right to me.

I don't wear necessarily expensive jewelry, often they are semi-precious stones and metals like amber, moonstones, turquoise and silver, but they are real nonetheless.

I am very conscientious of the symbolism and history associated with gemstones, and choose jewelry that I consider meaningful. For instance if I am anxious or experiencing nightmares then I might decide to wear amethyst because ancient people associated amethyst with healing.

I have a few sapphire rings since that is my birthstone. But I try to keep the jewelry limited to earrings. When I start putting on much more than that it begins to get uncomfortable, and it just seems like too much for a simple girl like me, and I want to take it off.

Last edited:
    Years
    My only jewelry was inherited by my late grandmother, and I do not wear it.

It keeps her and my grandfather closer.

Years
    • Online now
    I've never worn jewelry.

The closest thing is a bracelet a family member purchased me, which was supposed to help with anxiety. It really didn't do much, but I liked the design and kept wearing it anyway.

Years
    I think I wore jewelry to a fancy occasion or two but I hated it. There was a time in my life I would wear earrings a lot, I mean I was ADDICTED to the feeling of them on my ears. However, one day a year or two ago, I got an allergic reaction to some earrings my mom gave me. Now I wear NO earrings and I LOVE it. The holes in my ear lobes are closing and honestly, I DON'T CARE! xD AHHH so freeing!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    The only jewelry I wear is my necklace. It's special because it was given to me by a good friend! So, I hardly take it off, except for maybe medical purposes (IE x-rays or other imaging and whatever). I love to fidget with it. I used to have earrings, but my left ear was always getting infected and sore... so I had to remove them for good. :(

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I guess I technically wear a lot of jewelry because I have a lot of piercings, if we're counting that? If not, I wear my engagement ring, a braided cord bracelet with a rainbow motif on it, and one of those stretchy chokers that I haven't bothered to take off in like.. years lmao. On occasion I'll throw something fancy on -- when my mom died I inherited a LOT of jewelry so I had to get use to wearing more of it. I have a Tiffany bracelet that I used to wear all the time but just recently retired, and sometimes I'll wear this super cute gold chain with little stars on it. It's adorable. <3

Years
    I don't wear jewelry too often and whenever I do I always think "oh that's right, I own jewelry, why don't I wear it?" I have a few pairs of earrings, some necklaces, and bracelets.
    I almost never wear necklaces, idk all the necklaces my sisters, mom, and I own are all on a rack and I'm too lazy to dig around to pull off one of mine. I also don't like struggling to fasten them from the back, just to realize the design is backwards...
    I have tiny wrists so most bracelets are loose, and I hate the feeling of dangling bracelets. There's a brand of bracelets called Alex and Ani that I can't stand wearing for this reason- I can slide their bracelets halfway up my forearm.
    Earrings, on the other hand, are what I'm most comfortable in wearing. There's a pair I own that says they're for sensitive ears and they don't hurt to wear at all. I wear these ones the most.

Years
    I hardly own any jewelry at all... I'm either at work, where it'd get in the way, or at home. Sometimes I debate getting a nice necklace but then I remember I want to buy more video games or treats or something.
    I do wear a watch at work though; my ex-boss gave it to me as a present when I was still working for her. I couldn't wear it when in foodservice, but in my current job, I legit need a watch to know what time it is. It's a super nice white ceramic watch with diamonds around the watch face.

Years
    When about jewelry I like to give them to my lovely person. I like to make a gift to my best friends. My girls like a lot of necklaces, bracelets, rings. I have ordered online some jewelry for Christmas. I like this holiday exactly for the gifts and the atmosphere. Not only that, but I hope the new year will be a good one, and kind. Maybe I will be proposed. It's time for me, 5 years together it's too much. I want to get married. I told to my boyfriend what diamond he exactly should choose. He should choose from ethical engagement rings. I have read they are the best on the market.

careful with the double posting there mate! might be considered spamming if left unchecked. just lookin out for ya :)

EDIT - aight so it was actually a bot ouchies

i don't like wearing jewelry of any kind really. rings sorta make my fingers feel weird after a while, i'm too much of a wuss to get piercings, diamonds ain't my style, and i already have a wrist watch so having any bracelets put on as addition just feels too much.

Last edited:
    Years
    I used to wear two tribal rings and a necklace with Lapis Lazuli.

Since I got married, I only have my wedding ring and very rarely my necklace. I think jewellery needs to make you feel good, not for an image to be shown in public necessarily.

Years
    I wear four pieces of jewelry every day. Two are always the same: my watch and my flash drive which I wear as a necklace to keep from losing it. The other two change every week in a six week rotations: one of the bracelets I've gotten from different sources, and one of the polymer clay pendant necklaces my twin made for me.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I love jewellery - I mainly wear necklaces. I own necklaces in gold and silver which match with a lot of outfits. I like either minimalist or elegant jewellery as it feels nice to dress up but they can be quite expensive so I only own a few and rotate between them. I also have pierced ears so I can wear earrings but I haven't switched them out from the studs I got at the beginning yet. Mainly because I haven't got around to buying a new pair of earrings but I will try go shopping for some soon. Have never worn bracelets or rings yet but those could be nice too. :D

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I love jewelry! Especially earrings as of late. I try to properly accessorize all of my outfits with earrings, necklaces, bracelets and rings. I just got this gorgeous floral ring! My therapist tells me I need to prioritize other things, but I'm not doing such a great job at that... 😣lol

Back