• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kid Names

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
    Lets say you just had a kid, what would you name em?
    What would expect their online name to be?
    What would be the craziest name you would give them online or real?

pkmin3033

I'd give them a unisex name. Most names are biological sex specific and I wouldn't want a child of mine to feel constrained by this or by gender roles - it can feel very oppressive when your name doesn't match your identity, and changing it legally is a hassle. I'd like to give them the freedom to define themselves as much as possible.

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
    First and foremost, your profile pictures cute 😄

And, as for my child's name, (should I ever have one..) would be "Regina" if they were a girl. And, I was thinking "Peter" if they were a boy- because my last name is Parker. (Haha, get it? 😂)

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    I've never thought of names to give children myself, but I've heard a couple people I've met mention they had planned it out. For some reason it always stuck in my mind that this guy I've known wanted to name a son Kenneth.
    As for what I'd expect their online name to be, that's a neat question but I don't know if I can really answer it, even I don't know how I ended up with the usernames I have now.

Years
    I really like the names Olivia and Isabelle, so if I ever have a daughter I'd probably name her one of those. For males, I like the names Isaac and Lucas.
    As for the second question, I don't think I'd be able to determine their online name, but if it's anything like mine it'll just be their first name lol.

Years
    In my family, typically we "reuse" names, like my brother's first name is my father's middle.

So, if I wanted kids, and taking into account names that would fit this age; Jessica, Erica, David, Joseph

Years
    If it's a girl my first choice for a name would be Rose. It's simple and timeless, but it also represents a thing of great beauty. Roses are my favorite flower for their look and scent, and symbolism in art, literature and religion. Roses also remind me of my family because my mother plants them everywhere, and so did my grandfather. He's the one who taught her to grow roses. Rose bushes will always make me think of my loved ones.

Years
    i really like Dawn's approach to naming children. if i ever were to change my mind and consider having some, i'd like to follow the unisex approach if possible. would definitely entail discussion with my partner though.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Im a bit conflicted here bc as an agender person, what Dawn said is true and I wouldn't want my kids to feel trapped or constrained in a specific gender just because of their name just as I was at some point, but at the same time there are too many gender specific names that I love compared to gender neutral names which I don't know much about, am still deciding for a name to change mine to after all :(

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I really like the names Charlotte, Emilia, and Olivia so those would be my top picks for a baby girl. As for boy names, I'm not too sure. I like Alex more as a boy's name, but it also works for girls. I got a few more years to figure out baby names lol.

As for their online name, I don't care as long as it isn't vulgar or cringey...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Im a bit conflicted here bc as an agender person, what Dawn said is true and I wouldn't want my kids to feel trapped or constrained in a specific gender just because of their name just as I was at some point, but at the same time there are too many gender specific names that I love compared to gender neutral names which I don't know much about, am still deciding for a name to change mine to after all :(
    I think you could sorta do both, have the first name be a unisex one, their middle name a gendered one (or the other way around). Occasionally people choose to go by their middle name instead of their first.

Years
    All I really know is that I want my first daughter to be named Elizabeth, after my grandma who's also my favorite person in the world. Other than that, I'll start thinking about it closer to when my kids are born since I have another 10-15 years before that happens lol

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    My son's name is Benjamin! (It's his first birthday today!)

If we have another boy, we're going with Theodore. Girl names we have picked are Mayzie and Mary.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    My son's name is Benjamin! (It's his first birthday today!)

If we have another boy, we're going with Theodore. Girl names we have picked are Mayzie and Mary.

Happy birthday Benjamin!! <3

I honestly don't know what I'd name a kid, let alone mine. I feel like children should get to name themselves when they turn 13 or something. :p

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
    Years
    Uhhh I forgot to mention the online names for my possible children 😅

Yeah, uh.. if my child was a girl.. I'd say.. something that speaks 'Regina!' and not 'vulgar!'

If my child was a boy, though.. I don't know 😄 Kids tend to take their names from the strangest places, so I guess it'd depend on his/her preference 😀

Some of my favorites are Molly, Madeline, Felix and Maximus.

Oh boy yeah 😉 Those names are really good! I like the name Maximus really well...

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Oo I haven't thought of this before. I had to actually look at a list of baby names to think of this. My favourite names for a boy are probably Charlie, Felix or Theo. For a girl maybe Rachel, Ashley or Risa. Gender neutral - I always thought Phoenix was a cool name for a child but not sure if that is too adventurous! I don't even know if I'll have kids let alone give them these names as I spent 10 minutes giving this thought! I have no idea what Chinese names I would give them either so that will be another thought. But whatever online name they choose I'll support them - part of growing up is having questionable usernames. :')

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Back when I was a child and actually had the idea of possible having children my name decisions were Serena if female and Jake if male. I still personally like those names, but the chances of me ever having children now are pretty much zero. If, by some weird off chance, that would ever change I'm not sure if I'll keep to those names. I kinda like the unisex name approach myself all things considered, but ... I also see what Cube is saying too tbh.

names are hard.

Back