• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Left-Handed or Right-handed ?..

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
right handed but i think i was supposed to be left handed?? i hook my hand when i write and idr exactly but when i was a server, someone noticed how i wrote and told me something about that. lol so you know all those left handed memes about getting pencil/pen all over your hand bc being left handed? i'm right handed but can relate lol

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Right handed. Thankfully my handwriting is shit enough that even using my left hand it still looks relatively similar. But for all other things, my left hand might as well be a dead fish.

Bay

Years
Right-handed. I can do a few things with my left, like holding my fork with my left and using a knife with my right. There was one time I tried a tennis racquet with my left hand, and let's just say the results are hilarious.

My mom is left handed, though! She writes with her left and often when she shops for utensils she tries to find ones using left hand.

Years
i'm left handed! i write and hold utensils with my left hand. only thing i can proficiently do with my right hand is use a computer mouse

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Right handed.

I can do some stuff with the left hand, e.g. keyboard and karate stuff, but it's still easily my weaker hand.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2022
Right handed, it sure would be cool to be ambidextrous though

Years
I'm right-handed like most of the population. My mom's side of the family are mostly all left-handed or ambidextrous. As a kid I wished I had inherited it because it seemed so unique and cool. Even made some feeble attempts to write and do more things with the left to "become" ambidextrous.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
Years
I'm right-handed, and even if I tried to train writing with my left hand in the past, I never had enough constance to keep practising it. It certainly doesn't help that I don't write a lot by hand and when I do I have to take notes really fast and as neatly as possible.

Years
I am left handed but, I think like most lefties, am fairly ambidexterious. When I played baseball, I pitched with my left hand but when I played second base, I threw with my right. Also working in kitchens, you have to use your right hand a lot even if you are lefted handed because everything is oriented for righties.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Kinda wonder why the majority of people are right-handed, or why everyone's not ambidextrous

Years
Kinda wonder why the majority of people are right-handed, or why everyone's not ambidextrous

Because right handedness is a dominant trait whereas left handedness is a recessive trait. For instance, both of my parents are brunette and right handed and my mom has brown eyes. So the fact that I ended up with blonde hair, blue eyes and left handed was very unlikely since I had to receive recessive alleles from both parents in all of those traits. It would have been most likely for me to have brown hair, eyes and be right handed since those are all dominant traits.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
So I write right handed but most tasks I actually use my left hand predominantly.

The TLDR of why is that my grandfather was naturally a lefty so when he was teaching my mom how to do stuff like tie her shoes, he did it left handed so she did it left handed, which meant when she taught me those things, I learned how to do them left handed. Thus when I eat, use the phone, tie my shoes, etc. I usually use my left hand instead of my right.

Back