• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Man claims he will burn Koran in lieu of 9/11

Trigaradon

I COME IN PEACE
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    This is a very bad idea.

All this is going to do is fuel more anti-america in the countries where terrorism is common. This is is ironically helping the people who caused 9/11's CAUSE.

Years
    Being a pastor technically isn't a matter of American democracy, so Americans can't really be blamed for having faulty pastors.

An unfortunate event nonetheless, though. Even worse that it happened in my home state. >>

And the fact that I'm a Christian, so this makes me feel pretty bad. :(
    Well, Americans can't be blamed, but the media can be for making this SUCH a huge deal :p
    However, I'm pretty sure there's something against doing something during the time of war that could put soldiers in danger.
    So, I'm pretty sure they could've stopped such a thing once it started simply to end it quickly. lol

Sorry but are you heavily retarded? How can you assume one man burning a book will increase hostalities in Afghanistan? I have a lot of friends serving over there, and I know for a fact that the Taliban are already stretched, already low on equipment and already losing influence, burning that book isn't going to change this.
    Hmm. I saw a clip on some site this morning in my Political Science class showing footage from active protests going on in Kabul in regards to this. It seems to be outraging some people there. :p

Yes because builidng a mosque near ground zero and sh!tting on the memory of the 3000+ civilians who died that day at the hands of Muslim extrmists after already sacrificing so many of our civil liberties to appease Muslim extremists isn't too much abuse but burning a book is.
    Really, in both cases it's extremism: people just going too far in the name of their religions.
    Not all Christians are like this, obviously, and neither are all Muslims.
    So, why fall victim to the propaganda associated and generated by extremists?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Okay, more news: the guys from the Ground Zero mosque said they have never talked to that guy in their life and thus they aren't going to sell the building they have bought to put their mosque somewhere else. The pastor then has said he's planning on going back to the original plan of burning the books. Robert Gates, Secretary of Defense, called him in a personal attempt to talk him out of the plan, but the pastor is way too happy with all the media interest >_>;

MushroomZOMBIE

♪ ~Just A Social Distortion
    Years
    Great, yet another reason for other countries to call us uneducated and lazy lard suckers. =/

I've heard that according to the Muslim religion, a Muslim who kills is not a Muslim anymore. Is that true?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Okay, more news: the guys from the Ground Zero mosque said they have never talked to that guy in their life and thus they aren't going to sell the building they have bought to put their mosque somewhere else. The pastor then has said he's planning on going back to the original plan of burning the books. Robert Gates, Secretary of Defense, called him in a personal attempt to talk him out of the plan, but the pastor is way too happy with all the media interest >_>;
    Or maybe he'll get killed my a Muslim extremist (or me JK) before he can burn the books. Well... I don't even know what to say anymore... but this guy is just hogging the spotlight, and he can't really be punished for it, considering we can't have any cruel, unusual punishment. But we can't probabaly find something else that he did. Like raising hate?

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    Being a pastor technically isn't a matter of American democracy, so Americans can't really be blamed for having faulty pastors.

An unfortunate event nonetheless, though. Even worse that it happened in my home state. >>

And the fact that I'm a Christian, so this makes me feel pretty bad. :(

Ok, but that doesn't mean that the US government shouldn't take any legal action. If they won't then I am afraid the country will have very bad repercussions, back lash and greater tragedies. USA is a responsible country, which I am sure wouldn't allow any one to defame any religion. I know there is a freedom of religion and speech, but this kind of act is just not acceptable. If it is being done by an individual group it means it is ''HEINOUS CRIME'' in civil society as well in front of Almighty Allah, so the government must give them exemplary punishment before the condition gets even worse.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I'd like to iterate that Koran is an acceptable spelling of the word Qu'ran and if you argue that it is not, then neither is Qu'ran, for neither is the true spelling in the sense that they don't come from the native tongue.

Man claims he will burn Koran in lieu of 9/11

overer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    i'm pretty positive they can't do anything because it impedes on the first ammendment etc rights to religious freedom, freedom of speech

Years
    i'm pretty positive they can't do anything because it impedes on the first ammendment etc rights to religious freedom, freedom of speech

Legally, they cannot do anything, on the surface of things. They could pull one of the federal hate speech laws on the grounds that it will incite violence, though, but that may only apply only if it would cause violence in the United States itself.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Oh yeah I heard about this thing. Seriously, if it weren't for the PC rules, I would have inserted a few bad words here >:D

Anyway, now I can clarify my point. I'm a Muslim. Does that make me a terrorist? Hm, let me see... I never bombed any place or killed anyone. So that's a big no no. To me, calling Muslims terrorists is racist. Simple as that.

Now for the 9/11 thingymajingy. Seriously, people have done much worse. Excuse me, let's say white people or Christians if you prefer. Did we Muslims burn the Bible? Hm. I don't think so. Because it's called RESPECT. Each person should respect every other religion, regardless of what they think. You shouldn't be allowed to talk bad about someone or some people that worship other gods than you do. If you like doing that type of things, I rather you go fry an egg and feed it to your dog.

Muslims are humans, just like everyone else. Dramatizing what Muslims do is stupid because lots of other people do things worse than that, so seriously, enough with this racism. I'm Muslim and proud of it. Now this idiot who wishes to burn the Quran is just going to hell. I don't have anything to add to this, apart from stressing the word RESPECT. Seriously.

EDIT: I do have something to add xD Okay if that retarded idiot does burn the Quran, it will be seen as provocation to all Muslims so it will make things worse. Most Muslims take religion seriously and find it really important, so really, it will change lots of things.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Didn't Christians burn enough books?

Oh yeah I heard about this thing. Seriously, if it weren't for the PC rules, I would have inserted a few bad words here >:D

Anyway, now I can clarify my point. I'm a Muslim. Does that make me a terrorist? Hm, let me see... I never bombed any place or killed anyone. So that's a big no no. To me, calling Muslims terrorists is racist. Simple as that.

Now for the 9/11 thingymajingy. Seriously, people have done much worse. Excuse me, let's say white people or Christians if you prefer. Did we Muslims burn the Bible? Hm. I don't think so. Because it's called RESPECT. Each person should respect every other religion, regardless of what they think. You shouldn't be allowed to talk bad about someone or some people that worship other gods than you do. If you like doing that type of things, I rather you go fry an egg and feed it to your dog.

Muslims are humans, just like everyone else. Dramatizing what Muslims do is stupid because lots of other people do things worse than that, so seriously, enough with this racism. I'm Muslim and proud of it. Now this idiot who wishes to burn the Quran is just going to hell. I don't have anything to add to this, apart from stressing the word RESPECT. Seriously.

EDIT: I do have something to add xD Okay if that retarded idiot does burn the Quran, it will be seen as provocation to all Muslims so it will make things worse. Most Muslims take religion seriously and find it really important, so really, it will change lots of things.
    I lol'd. If you want to be respected for your beliefs then you shouldn't call someone an idiot for expressing theirs, and you certainly shouldn't tell them "OMG UR GOIN TO HELL U IDIOT". Islam isn't a race(in fact, your referring to white people as christians seems more racist than this hate speech), and just because there are worse things than the September 11th attacks doesn't mean it's any less of a horrible tragedy. Not that I agree with this, but I don't exactly like stupidity on either side.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't care for book burnings in general. And... yeah. That's about it for me.

I'm sick of this story. I can't believe its lasted in the media for this long. I can't believe it's led to international outrage. Everyone hanging on and watching as if the world is going to explode if does it.

I like to ignore hateful idiots not give them a stage and microphone. This kind of thing probably happens almost everyday all across the world with a variety of different holy books. What makes him so special is beyond me.

They're are bigger atrocities in this world then threats and media *****s. Like the flooding in Pakistan, for instance. I'd also like it much more if the world got outraged at the fact eight doctors were shot dead last month by the Taliban. But nah, let's just have another balloon boy type of thing.

Years
    Um guys, last time I checked burning anything holy = HELL YEAH BABY! Even if you're a Hindu, or Buddhist or even atheist you kinda have to agree that this guy will get what's coming for him if he does it.

Anyway, thanks Sharmine(even if you were a little looney,)I must say that it's time I grind on Christianity.

Christianity: Oh man you guys are the worst of religions, well at least your past. You slaughtered people for not being a Christen, you banned/stopped people from reading the Bible and therefore took advantage of them, etc. I could go on, but I don't have that much time, patience or sanity for your heinous crimes. If you defend this, don't bother. My sis is a theologist, and I'm a history buff, so I probably know more about the subject than you do.

But yet, you tell everyone in the world you're sorry, and even though after all you've done, we forgave you. Even the Muslims forgave you.

But when mentally-sick Muslims(I'm not going to denounce their faith in Allah, because these men probably did love Islam and though and I'm not going to not call them Muslims)run into a building, killing/injuring a few hundred people, you want to keep bringing it up like some old rag, already in tatters. We forgive you for your more obvious crimes(and more horrible, please look up Crusades and compare that to 9/11. Don't they have the same motives/(Notice: I'm not defending the terrorists.), but you keep telling us we're violent and Islam isn't a real religion, etc. And now you want to burn our holy book. If Allah allowed it, I would make sure that anyone who challenged Islam like that would pay here and the afterlife.

Let me tell you something, world.

Shut the **** up because you're still too young to challenge Islam or any religion for that matter. Until you fully understand us, shut up or try to prove me wrong. Go ahead, try.

And now I'm done. I used the f word because I think you might understand it better than if I said "Shut up", more strongly.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I believe this is what the [inset explicit here] is trying to do by burning the Koran. Is incite violence I think he thought the majority of America and the Christian public would support him I guess he thought we were all Backwoods close minded rednecks like him well we're not. I've been to a Mosque I know many Muslims none of them have ever blown anything up nor have they ever hijacked an airplane. People like Pastor $%#^ Face like to put everyone in little groups and keep them there I am an Atheist who was asked to leave a Church in a certain Southern State because so. In the same State I have been to a Mosque and a Temple where they knew of my religious affiliation and didn't care went on with their Services like any other time. Is that to say all Christians are close minded,NO some are some aren't I know 6 Christians who when they heard of the Koran burning went out and bought one so they could read it.

^ well that was quite a rambling rant wasn't it ?

well anyway in he can't Burn the books legally since the ink in the books is a hazardous material.

Years
    @ Gearuvagen: He can't be arrested for it until he starts the burning, though, if he were going to be arrested for burning hazardous materials. Actually at worst, he'd probably just be fined, because US law has to be secular in all cases, even if it is horribly distasteful, and fining is the standard punishment in the case of burning hazardous materials without a permit. And I do question whether the ink in the books is a truly hazardous material considering the sheer number of bonfires I've seen started using a base fire logs and newspapers.

Shut the **** up because you're still too young to challenge Islam or any religion for that matter. Until you fully understand us, shut up or try to prove me wrong. Go ahead, try.

Just calling you out on a factual basis, the practice of Christianity predates the practice of Islam.

Also, past atrocities should only be acknowledged as something that should be avoided in the future.

This man's just doing it as a means to get attention brought to his opinions, in my opinion, and it's working for him.

Years
    Um guys, last time I checked burning anything holy = HELL YEAH BABY! Even if you're a Hindu, or Buddhist or even atheist you kinda have to agree that this guy will get what's coming for him if he does it.

Anyway, thanks Sharmine(even if you were a little looney,)I must say that it's time I grind on Christianity.

Christianity: Oh man you guys are the worst of religions, well at least your past. You slaughtered people for not being a Christen, you banned/stopped people from reading the Bible and therefore took advantage of them, etc. I could go on, but I don't have that much time, patience or sanity for your heinous crimes. If you defend this, don't bother. My sis is a theologist, and I'm a history buff, so I probably know more about the subject than you do.

But yet, you tell everyone in the world you're sorry, and even though after all you've done, we forgave you. Even the Muslims forgave you.

But when mentally-sick Muslims(I'm not going to denounce their faith in Allah, because these men probably did love Islam and though and I'm not going to not call them Muslims)run into a building, killing/injuring a few hundred people, you want to keep bringing it up like some old rag, already in tatters. We forgive you for your more obvious crimes(and more horrible, please look up Crusades and compare that to 9/11. Don't they have the same motives/(Notice: I'm not defending the terrorists.), but you keep telling us we're violent and Islam isn't a real religion, etc. And now you want to burn our holy book. If Allah allowed it, I would make sure that anyone who challenged Islam like that would pay here and the afterlife.

Let me tell you something, world.

And now I'm done. I used the f word because I think you might understand it better than if I said "Shut up", more strongly.

I understand why you're angry, I really do. Islamophobia is rampant in the US, unfortunately, because the people in power have incited fear and propagated mistrust ever since 9/11.

Going by History, you're mostly right. During the Crusades, The Christian armies razed Jerusalem, Acre, etc, to the ground, and killed every living thing within the city walls, while Saladin ( A man I admire greatly) spared the city, allowed the Jews to resettle in Jerusalem, and offered Richard I the Lionhearted, King of England, his personal doctor when he was ill. In the case of the crusades, Christianity was the aggressor and was at fault. That's obvious.

However, nobody has a clean record. All religions, somewhere down the line, have used God as an excuse to do terrible things to each other. Everyone- Muslim, Christian, Sik, Jain, Buddhist, Jew, Hindu, Taoist, Atheist, is to blame. We all front the bill for our mistakes.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Didn't Christians burn enough books?

I lol'd. If you want to be respected for your beliefs then you shouldn't call someone an idiot for expressing theirs, and you certainly shouldn't tell them "OMG UR GOIN TO HELL U IDIOT". Islam isn't a race(in fact, your referring to white people as christians seems more racist than this hate speech), and just because there are worse things than the September 11th attacks doesn't mean it's any less of a horrible tragedy. Not that I agree with this, but I don't exactly like stupidity on either side.

I'm not calling him an idiot because of his belief, I'm calling him an idiot for his actions. And any Muslim would think that if you burn the Quran, you will go to hell, so that's my belief, thank you very much. And yes it is true that it's quite a tragedy, but it happens. I'm against Terrorists, so I'm against their acts.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I will admit i haven't read all 5 pages worth of replies to this thread but i have seen and read a number of views and have come to this conclusion.

The man is ******* stupid. Reason;

What will it achieve? it will stir up more unneeded hate and the possibility that the US armed forces will be at a slightly elevated level of threat from extremists.

People are retarded though.

Back