• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] Mental health club

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I somehow managed to drop my entire medicine bottle for general anxiety disorder into a water bowl under my feet. It's probably one of the worst things I could have imagined happening.

Years
  • I somehow managed to drop my entire medicine bottle for general anxiety disorder into a water bowl under my feet. It's probably one of the worst things I could have imagined happening.

That sounds horrifying ZeoStar, I really hope you're able to get a replacement quickly.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    That sounds horrifying ZeoStar, I really hope you're able to get a replacement quickly.

I hope so. It's terrifying to be without it as the medicine really keeps me in check. It's only taken one evening to start having frantic thoughts such as "What if this anxious feeling is actually a stroke" or "Why does this specific body part feel so funny".

I really don't miss it. Anxiety feels like a curse.

Years
  • I hope so. It's terrifying to be without it as the medicine really keeps me in check. It's only taken one evening to start having frantic thoughts such as "What if this anxious feeling is actually a stroke" or "Why does this specific body part feel so funny".

I really don't miss it. Anxiety feels like a curse.

I'm sorry you lost your medication like that, I hope you get some more of it soon as possible so you feel better again Zeo. Anxiety is a curse I think as well and I hope whatever you go through in your life isn't like mine where its pretty severe suffering from anxiety.

*sending good and positive vibes your way*

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm sorry you lost your medication like that, I hope you get some more of it soon as possible so you feel better again Zeo. Anxiety is a curse I think as well and I hope whatever you go through in your life isn't like mine where its pretty severe suffering from anxiety.

*sending good and positive vibes your way*

I was diagnosed at moderate, right below severe. Unfortunately I also get frequent panic attacks, before the medication I would estimate they were happening once per day and twice per night. I get them in isolated places such as while showering or alone in my room, but also in crowded areas. Usually no warning, it just starts and it feels bad enough to convince me that I'm going to die. Finding the right medication really helped though.

Thanks for the kind words, I hope you find reprieve since your suffering severely. This will probably be my last post, I don't want to make it too much about myself.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I currently have three things:
    1. a document written by my doctor for a psychologist
    2. an appointment at a psychologist in about two weeks
    3. the realization that I've already failed three times getting psychological help and that I don't know if I'll ever get one again if this one fails

4. I'm really really tired

Those are going to be some very long two weeks <_<

Years
  • I was diagnosed at moderate, right below severe. Unfortunately I also get frequent panic attacks, before the medication I would estimate they were happening once per day and twice per night. I get them in isolated places such as while showering or alone in my room, but also in crowded areas. Usually no warning, it just starts and it feels bad enough to convince me that I'm going to die. Finding the right medication really helped though.

Thanks for the kind words, I hope you find reprieve since your suffering severely. This will probably be my last post, I don't want to make it too much about myself.

I see having mental health issues moderate or severe can be tough to deal with everyday. I don't think people would be upset here in the group if your talking about your situation, at least thats what I think. I joined the group to find others who possibly understand me since I have mental health problems and to maybe try and help others in need if doing poorly possibly if they wanted it. I also know about finding the right kinds of medication to help you function better is very important can be extremely helpful for you.

I didn't have the right kind of medication for half my life till doctors said I have bipolar and not depression. So I was really messed up and suffering for quite some time, now I'm on the right kind of medication and I'm much better. Though something everyone must know medication dose not fix/cure your issue it helps you a bit like 50% the other 50% is all you there's no cure to mental health issues really. Since medication is an aid to help you function better but only half way the rest comes from you making yourself better.

Years
  • I'm on two anti depressants and a mood stabilizer, it's rather embarrassing but I have a personality disorder so its kind of helpful?
    However, I'm always at risk of serotonin syndrome, and need monitoring.

Years
  • I'm on two anti depressants and a mood stabilizer, it's rather embarrassing but I have a personality disorder so its kind of helpful?
    However, I'm always at risk of serotonin syndrome, and need monitoring.

Don't be embarrassed or at least try not to be. I bet we all are with our mental health and what we have and diagnosed with. For me I am with a lot of my mental health issues I suffer with. So try not to feel too bad Sandalphon, your not alone. My apologies I don't know what Serotonin Syndrome is. As for me offering help if I can to others is meaning show support and listen to others in this club at times if I could help them in a way. I've had mental health issues all my life honestly but only got diagnosed with it at age 13, thus began my medication journey plus therapy.

I'm not that knowledgeable at mental health information, I only know some to a certain point. Though I know coping techniques and some advice for certain things in helping others with themselves or relationships sorta. By the way I love your new flair and signature set~! ₍՞◌′ᵕ‵ू◌₎♡

Years
  • Wishing you all the best. =( Mental health is a huge struggle, and no one should ever feel ashamed of needing to go to a psychologist/psychiatrist or get meds. I remember how ashamed I was to go to a psychologist for the first time because I was having panic attacks, especially when one of the nurses commented that I don't seem like I have anxiety at all. On one hand it's nice to be told you don't stand out in that regard (since I'm sure we'd do anything to just feel 'normal'), but at the same time so many people can be hit with mental health stuff like this that whether it's noticeable when speaking to them shouldn't matter.

I got a bit of a scare on my end. 4 months ago I went to my gynecologist for my routine check-ups before going abroad for half a year months to visit my partner. They did tests and she said everything seemed fine, and now suddenly they sent a letter back home saying they've been trying to contact me but couldn't (since I use a different SIM card abroad) and are now sending a letter to discuss my test results, and that I shouldn't delay making an appointment. Which can apparently only be discussed in person. Problem is I'm abroad. Ended up putting my US sim back in and leaving them a voicemail saying I can try anything else like email, video call + show my ID if they need it, or they can call my mom who should've been listed as my emergency contact. She's going to try calling them tomorrow too.

Hope it's nothing serious. It'd be absolutely ridiculous if they required me to go in person only during COVID and when I'm abroad. Obviously even if I were to fly back I'd still be required to self-isolate for two weeks, so it's not ideal. /: In that time I could talk to them about what it is and find treatment here if necessary. If it were an actual emergency they'd have at least tried more ways of contacting me too, I hope. Esp if my mom is my emergency contact and wasn't contacted at all. :x Going to be anxious until tomorrow tbh. Really doesn't help that I'm naturally such an anxious person.

Years
  • Wishing you all the best. =( Mental health is a huge struggle, and no one should ever feel ashamed of needing to go to a psychologist/psychiatrist or get meds. I remember how ashamed I was to go to a psychologist for the first time because I was having panic attacks, especially when one of the nurses commented that I don't seem like I have anxiety at all. On one hand it's nice to be told you don't stand out in that regard (since I'm sure we'd do anything to just feel 'normal'), but at the same time so many people can be hit with mental health stuff like this that whether it's noticeable when speaking to them shouldn't matter.

I got a bit of a scare on my end. 4 months ago I went to my gynecologist for my routine check-ups before going abroad for half a year months to visit my partner. They did tests and she said everything seemed fine, and now suddenly they sent a letter back home saying they've been trying to contact me but couldn't (since I use a different SIM card abroad) and are now sending a letter to discuss my test results, and that I shouldn't delay making an appointment. Which can apparently only be discussed in person. Problem is I'm abroad. Ended up putting my US sim back in and leaving them a voicemail saying I can try anything else like email, video call + show my ID if they need it, or they can call my mom who should've been listed as my emergency contact. She's going to try calling them tomorrow too.

Hope it's nothing serious. It'd be absolutely ridiculous if they required me to go in person only during COVID and when I'm abroad. Obviously even if I were to fly back I'd still be required to self-isolate for two weeks, so it's not ideal. /: In that time I could talk to them about what it is and find treatment here if necessary. If it were an actual emergency they'd have at least tried more ways of contacting me too, I hope. Esp if my mom is my emergency contact and wasn't contacted at all. :x Going to be anxious until tomorrow tbh. Really doesn't help that I'm naturally such an anxious person.

I'm sorry thats all happening to you right now Sheep, I hope nothing is bad and its all good and works out for you.
    *sending you lots of good and positive vibes your way*

Years
  • Hope it's nothing serious :c Wishing you the best!

Basically, serotonin syndrome is deadly, so it needs to be checked.
    But thank you! I had my first diagnosis around 12/13 as well.

Years
  • Hope it's nothing serious :c Wishing you the best!

I see I hope you don't have that, sounds horrible.. I wish you the best health as everyone else on here as well.
    *sending you also lots of good and positive vibes your way*

Years
  • Thank you so much guys. <3 Turns out it's nothing serious, was just an infection... they did say I need to treat it ASAP though, so I just got back from the pharmacy with my meds. 5 nights of treatment and it should be gone hopefully. what a scare lol

ahhhhh I'm wishing you all the best!!! T_T It'll be fine!

Years
  • Thank you so much guys. <3 Turns out it's nothing serious, was just an infection... they did say I need to treat it ASAP though, so I just got back from the pharmacy with my meds. 5 nights of treatment and it should be gone hopefully. what a scare lol

That's good to hear it wasn't anything serious.
    (ृ ु ´͈ ᵕ `͈ )ु❀(ृˊ͈ ꒳ृ ˋ͈ )ु

---

🌿 *UPDATE on my mental health
    Every since I joined PC I've been talking more and more to people on here through the fourm or my visitor messenger a bit. I think my fear over all of people online while on PC isn't so high anymore and I've been feeling comfortable more around others on here. My therapist which I see today will be proud of my progress. Still the next step when I feel 100% ready is to talk to others on a more deeper level to see what happens if we become friends in time. That's all I wanted to share, thank you for reading please take care everyone~
    ꒰⌗´͈ ᵕ ॣ`͈⌗꒱৩

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • Glad it isn't anything serious!!

My mental health has been pretty ok recently I think? It's been more manageable lately. But I think it might be cause I have been changing my diet and getting a little exercise every day. I also try to get at least 7-8 hrs of sleep every night. don't get me wrong, it still affects me a lot. but it is definitely more manageable as of right now

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Aww it's really good to hear when it feels like there is progress being made! And I'm glad it was nothing scary, wishing everyone the best of luck with both their mental and physical health.

I am hanging in there but I have been struggling these days. I've always been determined to keep up my work ethic even when in incredible lows with both my physical/mental health but it has really been tested lately. I once ended up in the hospital in HS because I refused to quit overworking myself even when I was struggling with an ED and terribly depressed and sick.

It has always been a struggle to find a balance between schoolwork and my mental health but I'm trying my best. Right now I study business and law at uni but I just feel exhausted at the consistent mental stability I feel like this degree requires? I barely feel like I have enough hours in the day to do my required work let alone study it and having almost no free time each day has been taking a toll no matter how much I am keen about what I'm learning. Sometimes I'll just hit days where I burn out and do nothing and that makes the cycle worse. I do other things outside of school (e.g. job, extracurriculars, going to pick up exercise again now my surgery recovery is over) but having a week off to just recover in bed is much needed right now. The constant pressure to be productive is just hard as though I have improved a lot with depression, a lot of the low energy still remains. I think I also just put a lot of pressure on myself to do well when in reality I should give myself more breaks so I'm going to try to be kinder to myself about this. :D

Years
  • 🌿 *UPDATE on my mental health
    I see my therapist twice a week now at really great times that will help me remember things we talk about much better now. Since later appointments near the evening time were not great for me sadly since I have sleeping issues. Becuase I'm not all aware or alert as in the early hours of the day it caused me to forgot what we talked about that day or if I had to do anything for homework. However since my therapist and I started seeing each other more starting last week things have been going really great for me.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    So I took my appointment and had a psychologist ask me a bunch of questions. At the end they said that it can be a bunch of things so we'll need to continue next time. This includes some other health checks, as well. The catch is: next appointment will be in six weeks. <_<

Years
  • Continuing with trying to worth through my grief.

But he's being cremated next week & we can bring him home.

Back