• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: Migration feedback

admin

test
Days
  • Rainbow Badge
  • This is regarding postflair's CSS.

Before the update I was able to use the CSS that other members had including image, cursor, shadow, background, etc.. I was testing them out right before the switch, I was intrigued by other users postflairs but had little knowledge on CSS but managed, right now I'm limited to the basics
    CSS:
    color: darkgrey;
    background: #9D2933 ;
    border-bottom: 1px solid skyblue;

anything else I get errors on everything, main block, avatar, username, stats, mini bio

For the main block I had saved;
    CSS:
    cursor: url('https://i.ibb.co/ZzFHMvG/212-mega.png'),auto;
    background: url('https://i.ibb.co/HPtxbLV/PC-postflair-1600x200.jpg');

for the username
    CSS:
    font-style: italic;
    color: #404040;
    font-weight: 900;
    text-shadow: 4px 4px 0 #59b19b, -4px -4px 0 #df4763;

I was wondering if anything had changed, as the FAQ - PostFlairs ( https://www.pokecommunity.com/faq.php?faq=pokecommunity_faq#faq_postflairs ) isn't there or on the updated link ( https://www.pokecommunity.com/help/ )

Thanks.
    Can you check now?
    1701164328395.png

Please let me know if I'm missing any.

Years
  • I was wondering if there's a reason the log out button is so well hidden when using PC on mobile.

When I'm on my computer I can just click on my user name next to the mail Icon, a little menu will pop up and I can click log out.

On Mobile there's empty space where my user name is at on the computer. So instead I have to:
    1) Click on the horizontal lines menu button at the top left
    2) Then click on my user name in the menu that appears
    3) Which then takes me to my 'Account Details' page full of editable stuff.
    4) Then under the 'Account Details' header there's a button 'Your Account' which when clicked brings up a new menu from the left.
    5) At the bottom of this menu there's finally a 'Log Out' option.

It took me quite a while just to find a simple 'Log Out' button =\

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit:

Separate issue: I can't update my VPP stats anymore as I'll get an error message saying:
    "Oops! We ran into some problems.
    Please enter a message with no more than 120000 characters."

Idk how many characters that post is, but it says it's 22.285 Words.
    This is on a computer btw.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Appreciates the improved New Posts page. Previously required you to click New Posts every time. Updates after refreshing now.

Mentioned successfully importing Likes from VBulletin. May have missed some. Stands at 8 reaction score currently, all from post-migration. Or did it only grab reactions from pre-2019?

admin

test
    Days
  • Rainbow Badge
  • On Mobile there's empty space where my user name is at on the computer. So instead I have to:
    1) Click on the horizontal lines menu button at the top left
    2) Then click on my user name in the menu that appears
    3) Which then takes me to my 'Account Details' page full of editable stuff.
    4) Then under the 'Account Details' header there's a button 'Your Account' which when clicked brings up a new menu from the left.
    5) At the bottom of this menu there's finally a 'Log Out' option.
    Please post a screenshot because the Log Out button is pretty visible when you click on your avatar:
    1701211039569.png

admin

test
    Days
  • Rainbow Badge
  • Separate issue: I can't update my VPP stats anymore as I'll get an error message saying:
    "Oops! We ran into some problems.
    Please enter a message with no more than 120000 characters."

Idk how many characters that post is, but it says it's 22.285 Words.
    That post has 218.044 characters including BBCODE. Setting this value too large or disabling it entirely may cause performance issues and is not recommended. I see you are using the
    bbcode 80 times when actually all the content is centered so only 1
    bbcode is enough.

Is there any way to split the content of the first post across the other posts after then?​

Years
  • Please post a screenshot because the Log Out button is pretty visible when you click on your avatar:
    View attachment 108948

I actually took a screenshot this morning, but derped and forgot to include it... :rolleyes: 😅
    screenshot_20231128-092758-png.108949

As you can see, there's no avatar next to the mail envelope icon for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231128-092758.png
      Screenshot_20231128-092758.png
      71 KB · Views: 69

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
    Years
  • I'm not sure how major my problem is since I'm pretty sure nobody else has to deal with this issue, but I can't seem to post more than 150 images? Is this a hard limit of the new forum software?

Because I keep a series of screenshot-based let's plays inside of Travel Journals that have a bunch of images in them, so this prevents me from editing old chapters to get rid of errors.

Years
  • I'm not sure how major my problem is since I'm pretty sure nobody else has to deal with this issue, but I can't seem to post more than 150 images? Is this a hard limit of the new forum software?

Because I keep a series of screenshot-based let's plays inside of Travel Journals that have a bunch of images in them, so this prevents me from editing old chapters to get rid of errors.
    A smaller limit is intentional (and we may reduce it further actually, as even now 150 is a lot). 150+ images per post is very high and will impact performance; we should not have had no/next to no limits on the previous site. Customization was prioritized far too strongly over performance, but we need to keep a balance to make the site load well enough. I'm really sorry, I'd recommend making multiple posts instead of putting a ton of images in one post if possible. :sadwick:

Rainbow Chara X

Impossible to gauge!
    Years
  • A smaller limit is intentional (and we may reduce it further actually, as even now 150 is a lot). 150+ images per post is very high and will impact performance; we should not have had no/next to no limits on the previous site. Customization was prioritized far too strongly over performance, but we need to keep a balance to make the site load well enough. I'm really sorry, I'd recommend making multiple posts instead of putting a ton of images in one post if possible. :sadwick:

Dang. Guess I just have to get creative then. :sadwick:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • The site's "Staff" button doesn't seem to be working. "The requested page could not be found."
    Edit: The site's "Privacy policy" button seems to be doing the same thing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Is there an edit button for VM's?

I couldn't find it and ended up needing to write a second comment.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Is there an edit button for VM's?

I couldn't find it and ended up needing to write a second comment.

There certainly should be... I have one right next to the 'Report' checkbox in the bottom left of the VM typebox(?). Let me know if you don't see it, cause I can edit your VM messages for you.

Back