• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most frustrating moment?

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
  • Mine was today trying to catch Tapu Koko,

I was trying to catch it with a beast ball and with the held item trick I got around 100 beast balls.
    Now after hours of restarting the fight against Tapu Koko because it kept running out of moves and struggled itself to death.
    I caught one and it had 0 pp in every move and it was the last turn of sleep.
    And then to find out it is Adament and not timid(my synchronizer is timid). I was filled with rage.
    Reset again and took another hour before I caught one again, to find out it was not timid again.
    Reset again and it took me several hours to catch the next one and that one still didn't have the timid nature.
    I got one at the end of the day, but this took me the whole day to do and I didn't expect it to be this long.
    Now I need to catch the other legendaries in Beast balls and not really looking forward to it.
    So what was your most frustrating moment?

Kobazco

Gex Fan
    Years
    • they/she
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Not being able to beat Hau without wasting about 20 or so max potions. None of my Pokemon could take more than one hit and I wasn't going to lose anyone in my Nuzlocke. All I lost in the end was thousands of dollars.

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
  • Oh boy. The champion defense battle was the most frustrating moment for me. I lost once just because I didn't use a revive like an idiot and then I had to restart the entire Pokemon League. Glad that's over with, though.

Jeanster4

Ice Cold
    Years
  • Chain hunting for a specific ability and then forget to switch the pokemon you want to keep alive and then it struggles itself to death >.<

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Trying to take down Kahilis Toucannon was a total pain.

It didn't help that half of my team was weak to flying.

I was trying to catch it with a beast ball and with the held item trick I got around 100 beast balls.

What's the held item trick? Can you duplicate items? I'd kinda like to have more of those Johto balls since they only give you one.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Catching a freakin female shiny salandit... It took of a week and three days to finally catch one (Note I manage to catch 5 shiny males before I caught a shiny female)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Healing up my team with several items only to take a few steps forward to be healed by a random NPC.

This happened to me a few times with Lillie. Fly all the way back to a Poke Center and then Lillie just heals you at the next plot point.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Mine was today trying to catch Tapu Koko,

Now after hours of restarting the fight against Tapu Koko because it kept running out of moves and struggled itself to death.
    And then to find out it is Adament and not timid(my synchronizer is timid). I was filled with rage.
    Reset again and took another hour before I caught one again, to find out it was not timid again.
    Reset again and it took me several hours to catch the next one and that one still didn't have the timid nature.
    I got one at the end of the day, but this took me the whole day to do and I didn't expect it to be this long.
    Now I need to catch the other legendaries in Beast balls and not really looking forward to it.
    How does the held item trick work?

Years
  • Trying out Battle Royal Dome three or four times and having my first Pokemon KO'd in one hit each time before I could do anything and getting a whole 1 BP for my time wasted. Worst feature, imo. All the battle facilities have always been the worst part of these games and this is the worst iteration of them.

Years
  • Mine was trying to find Castform, and I taught my Staryu raindance, (I hate how it only gets 5 PP), and even though my first Pokemon was holding a damp rock, it didn't prolong the weather conditions. In the end I just used GTS for Castform. Another moment was trying to beat Blue when I got to the Battle Tree, and I had to soft reset about 6 times before I beat him.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
    Years
  • Any moment where I'm either leveling up a partner (like Scyther from lv1) or trying to catch a pokemon, the wild savages end up summoning back-up after back-up, making my defeat inevitable or my capture impossible. When it comes to co-op strategy, it seems 'savage' might be the right word for it, especially when you've got costant Mud Slaps + Sand-Attacks flying your way. Not to mention spamming their most powerful moves, at times.

I need to mention Mimikyu, the only Totem that caused me to sweat and throb my forehead veins in unison. Turns out I would end up using a Z-Move on my first turn, and it would have a shield item. I'm sure Totem Mimikyu has a lot of scorn individuals that will never forget it anytime soon.

Finally, the Elite Four was challenging, but got them all in my second attempt. (First attempt in X, second attempt in Alpha Sapphire.) Once you level a bit and strategize, you can beat any trainer and obstacle.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • How does the held item trick work?
    First of all you must NOT have completed all the beast missions, if you did sorry you can't do this.
    You give the beast balls that are in your inventory to your pokémon until you have 0 left. After that you go to looker and ask about beast balls. He will notice you don't have any beast balls and give you one. Then you just repeat it. What I did was go to my pc first and gave all my beast ball to the pokémon in the pc. Then I go to looker with 6 pokémon with no held item and talk to him to give me 1 beast ball and give that beast ball to one of my pokémon and repeat that 6 times and go back to the pc and switch them with new pokémon with no held item. I had about 150 pokémons in my box and I gave each one of them a beast ball. So you can get as many beastballs as you have pokémon. This takes a lot of time and taking the balls out of the pc too.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • First of all you must NOT have completed all the beast missions, if you did sorry you can't do this.
    You give the beast balls that are in your inventory to your pokémon until you have 0 left. After that you go to looker and ask about beast balls. He will notice you don't have any beast balls and give you one. Then you just repeat it. What I did was go to my pc first and gave all my beast ball to the pokémon in the pc. Then I go to looker with 6 pokémon with no held item and talk to him to give me 1 beast ball and give that beast ball to one of my pokémon and repeat that 6 times and go back to the pc and switch them with new pokémon with no held item. I had about 150 pokémons in my box and I gave each one of them a beast ball. So you can get as many beastballs as you have pokémon. This takes a lot of time and taking the balls out of the pc too.

Apparently you can get them even after Necrozma, so says this thread.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • Healing up my team with several items only to take a few steps forward to be healed by a random NPC.

LOL this :c

Also anytime I wonder trade I get screwed over pretty bad so thats frustrating I guess.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • Mine was today trying to catch Tapu Koko,

OMG dude.. you sure have patience as one of your strongest suits..! Mine is gonna be completely different from the others. It was when I was trying to level up my crabrawler, and was battling a team skull grunt with a wimpod. Now I was bent upon using only the aforesaid pokemon in the battle, because it was about to level up to 42, and that's when I had in mind would be it's evolution time. So I had sworn to myself on my life that I would use no other pokemon. What happened next was fun, not for me, but for my friends when I told them the incident. The wimpod started with a sand attack, while I went for a power up punch.. just to set up, you know.. And that's when it begun. My opponent went for seven back to back sand attacks, without missing or failing one, and you won't believe it took me more than forty five minutes and a lot of max potions to prevent my pokemon from fainting from the recoil damage of struggle and the wimpod's struggle bugs to kill it!! ;-;

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I tried catching Tapu Koko today with my Timid Synchronizer. Managed to catch it first time, in my only Fast Ball.

Go to Hidden Power checker, and it's Hidden Power Ice!

'Oh boy, let's check IV's now!'

Sees Nature is Adamant.

And no, subsequent captures with the Fast Ball have thus far, failed.

Years
  • Catching Xurkitree not long ago 3 IV...but adamant nature

Getting far in he battle tree super single ( around 17 or 19 battle if i remember) sweep 2 out of 3 pokemon from the trainer..just to get wreck by a stupid Vespiqueen with Toxic, protec, heal order and defense order.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Beedrill is my favourite Mega, and I'm still so upset that Beedrillite is not obtainable in this game. So imagine how it felt getting swept by a Mega Beedrill in the Battle Tree. Fun times.

Also in the battle tree my Mudsdale got burned two battles in a row by Flare Blitz (10% chance???) the first time almost cost me the game, but the second time did cost me.

Oh and for some reason I lost the Super Rank Battle Royals like 15 times before I beat it but I beat Hyper Rank first try, and Master Rank after like 3 games. It was extremely frustrating though, it's just a game of luck, and I love when everybody teams up on me.

Years
  • Beedrill is my favourite Mega, and I'm still so upset that Beedrillite is not obtainable in this game. So imagine how it felt getting swept by a Mega Beedrill in the Battle Tree. Fun times.

I have to admit, limiting the obtainable Mega Stones only to Pokemon in the Alola Dex is definitely annoying as is. Especially when you consider that you can't transfer items via Pokemon Bank.

Back