• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    It's probably better not to reply to the obvious troll. Honestly, this project is a much lower priority (and should be!) than someone's education. Children, idiots, and idiot children are too selfish to understand that.

MrDollSteak, this is more than worth the wait. Study hard and don't let morons get you down. You're doing amazing work for the community.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
    Until the final glitch-free version is out, nothing else matters. The ROM base is useless right now considering half the abilities and moves freeze the game. Who the frick wants to make a hack based off that?

You're on PC and all the other hacker sites all day, you clearly have time to do more than fix like 3 minor bugs and go up 0.1 versions in 12 months. You've just simply gotten lazy.

Don't take all this the wrong way, it's just an honest critique for you to better yourself.

Did you not read my previous post?
    I've identified and listed fixes for 'half the abilities and moves [that] freeze the game',
    which are in fact only 2 or 3 abilities. The only move that freezes the game is Toxic Spikes which has also been fixed.

The other bugs present are either very slight graphical bugs or incomplete Move Effects such as Bug Bite only dealing damage.

The only 'game-breaking' bugs that people have reported for the latest build are the Day-Care people, and In-game trades, which I am working on, and are only really problems for people that are not building hacks, and rather playing the game themselves.

Rather than whinging and flaming the thread repeatedly, you could actually read my replies, and more importantly the OP to understand the existing bugs.

Also, even better, why not test the rombase yourself, then you would realise how ridiculous you sound.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    You only need a hex editor as KDS said. They're all stored in different tables.
    That being said, I haven't left extra space for new moves so you'll need to repoint them.

908720 - Reckless Table
    908738 - Iron Fist Table
    908758 - Sheer Force Table
    908844 - Mega Launcher Table
    908850 - Strong Jaw Table

Thanks. I don't really want to add more moves. (It's not like I actually know how to do it anyway)
    I just wanted to add the new abilities properties to some moves. For example, Seed Bomb being boosted by Mega Launcher and etc. Really helpful rom base, thanks for the hard work.

KurisuSan

Lord of Reality
    Years
    Hey MrDollSteak, first of all great, ROMbase, spent about two days doing about a third of what ya have in your base before I found this so it definitely helped me a lot, so thanks for that.

Also, I was wondering why it wont let me open up the FR rom with AM? It worked before I applied the patch and after I applied the patch it tells me:
    Spoiler:

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    - In Game Trades and the Day Care apparently freeze the game

Ingame trades don't freeze the game. Mine worked fine. If someone has these problems, please repatch/learn to apply patches.

I also took a look at the daycare thing. I can't say I'm impressed at how long this bug's been around for what it is (and whoever reported this didn't bother to decompile the script?). It turned out to be just that the script at the daycare guy was overwritten in places, you can just assign him a copied script from a fresh ROM...
    Spoiler:

I was expecting a more interesting problem, but this was kinda a let down :P

MrDollSteak

Years
    Ingame trades don't freeze the game. Mine worked fine. If someone has these problems, please repatch/learn to apply patches.

I also took a look at the daycare thing. I can't say I'm impressed at how long this bug's been around for what it is (and whoever reported this didn't bother to decompile the script?). It turned out to be just that the script at the daycare guy was overwritten in places, you can just assign him a copied script from a fresh ROM...

Cheers FBI, and as I said in the IRC, I'd been aware of that potential fix, but was told it didn't work, for whatever reason.

This does raise a good point. I'd just like to ask people that when reporting bugs, you are absolutely sure they are problems with the rombase, and not modified hacks (ie. the in-game trade issue, which a few people reported, but FBI or I could never replicate).

Good news, this means that 1.5a will be out shortly. I'm thinking the start of the new year,
    once I'm back home.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    When I use U-turn in your rombase, it works a little different from the official games.
    • In the main games, if your party have more than one Pokemon and your leading 'mon uses U-turn to KO a foe, it will gain full Exp and won't switch.
    • Same situation but in the rombase, after KOing a foe, your leading 'mon will switch to another and the Exp is split between them.
    If I use U-turn the way it is now, I'll be forced to share Exp with another Pokemon even if I don't want to, like when grinding. Out of curiosity, I tried the U-turn script (in the Move Resource thread) with a regular FR rom; it also has the same problem.

And this is a minor typo: the "t" in U-turn isn't capitalized in the main games, unlike the rombase.

jAvAcOlA

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2015
    Cheers FBI, and as I said in the IRC, I'd been aware of that potential fix, but was told it didn't work, for whatever reason.

This does raise a good point. I'd just like to ask people that when reporting bugs, you are absolutely sure they are problems with the rombase, and not modified hacks (ie. the in-game trade issue, which a few people reported, but FBI or I could never replicate).

Good news, this means that 1.5a will be out shortly. I'm thinking the start of the new year,
    once I'm back home.

Hey, not to be up your *** about this, but what's the status on you implementing Imposter? I'm only bothering you about this because you told DaniilS not to work on it for me because you apparently had it done. Is it going to be in this update? Or if not can you just tell me how to do it? I've been holding off progress on my hack waiting for this Ditto thing.

Last edited:

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
    Hello Mr.DollSteak!
    I would like to ask some questions / suggest something :
    - Since you are adding lots of new moves and items, would you add 100 Tms as well?

Many regards and thanks for this :) It really helps for people who don't have knowledge of HACKING but still wants to enjoy, and I owe this to each n everyone who helped with this!

MrDollSteak

Years
    When I use U-turn in your rombase, it works a little different from the official games.
    • In the main games, if your party have more than one Pokemon and your leading 'mon uses U-turn to KO a foe, it will gain full Exp and won't switch.
    • Same situation but in the rombase, after KOing a foe, your leading 'mon will switch to another and the Exp is split between them.
    If I use U-turn the way it is now, I'll be forced to share Exp with another Pokemon even if I don't want to, like when grinding. Out of curiosity, I tried the U-turn script (in the Move Resource thread) with a regular FR rom; it also has the same problem.

And this is a minor typo: the "t" in U-turn isn't capitalized in the main games, unlike the rombase.

Thanks for the typo thing!
    As for the Exp. bug, that'll be difficult to solve, because if we want it to get the exp. after switching it'll split it. If we put it before, then it could lead to other problems. I'll look into it.

Hey, not to be up your *** about this, but what's the status on you implementing Imposter? I'm only bothering you about this because you told DaniilS not to work on it for me because you apparently had it done. Is it going to be in this update? Or if not can you just tell me how to do it? I've been holding off progress on my hack waiting for this Ditto thing.

Well I haven't got it done, but it isn't hard to do. I can put that on the list for 1.5a.
    Basically I can hook it into my switch-in abilities table. I don't think you'd be able to
    do it (not for lack of ability) but because it has to interact with some other pre-requisites
    that are in the rombase.

I wouldn't put off hacking. It'll be in the next update.

Hello Mr.DollSteak!
    I would like to ask some questions / suggest something :
    - Since you are adding lots of new moves and items, would you add 100 Tms as well?

Many regards and thanks for this It really helps for people who don't have knowledge of HACKING but still wants to enjoy, and I owe this to each n everyone who helped with this!

Short answer, No.

Long answer, it'll be very difficult to do because of the ram allocated to the bag.

So, that means the Emerald is almost done as well? Since you said you release both at the same time.

No. Not even close. My original plan was to do them both, but since people have been getting impatient, I'd rather release the FR one first.

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
    Oh okay :( So if I add them somehow in my rom, there will be problems like lagging and stuff?
    Kinda off topic, pardon me.

TheRabbit

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    Have the in-game trainers whos' pokemon have custom movesets been edited to reflect the new movesets?

And related to that, which trainer editor works with this base anyway? Advance and Unnamed are both a no-go for me.

mkarthick98

Tensai
    Years
    Bug Fixes
    Spoiler:
    About the bug fixes, I made all the changes mentioned above, but when I start my ROM in VBA, it doesn't work. The title screen doesn't load. From what I've found, the second bug fix, the Aftermath fix, is the problem. The ROM works fine when I change everything else, but once I insert those 136 bytes, it freezes.

Am I the only one with this problem?

BLAx501!

Pokemon Flux
    Years
    About the bug fixes, I made all the changes mentioned above, but when I start my ROM in VBA, it doesn't work. The title screen doesn't load. From what I've found, the second bug fix, the Aftermath fix, is the problem. The ROM works fine when I change everything else, but once I insert those 136 bytes, it freezes.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Maybe the problem is the way you are "inserting" those bytes. The proper way is selecting all the bytes in HEX MrDollSteak gave us and then you copy the selection. After that you open your patched ROM with an Hexadecimal Editor such as HxD and you go to the ROM offset he gave us; 90BBE8. Here is the problem. If you just paste the bytes with Ctrl+V, it will expand the ROM and if it happens yhe final size is not a multiple of 4, the emulator won't be able to read the data from it. The solution?? Paste inserting by pressing Ctrl+B or by selecting an amount of bytes from the ROM of the same size you arre going to paste.

If your problem is this, don't worry because it is easy to solve ;)

if i want to apply MrDs's Rom base (Version 1.5) and this titlescreen patch, which to i patch first?

MrDs's patch: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326301

Titlescreen Patch: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=341174

Thanks!

If the Titlescreen doesn't change anything on the ROM that MrDollSteak Patch does, it wouldn't mind the order, but just to make sure I'll say that I prefer to patch MrDollSteak's first because inserting a titlescreen is not that difficult after all xD

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    Spoiler:

Well, Thanks for the help!

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2024
    Have the in-game trainers whos' pokemon have custom movesets been edited to reflect the new movesets?

And related to that, which trainer editor works with this base anyway? Advance and Unnamed are both a no-go for me.
    Nope!

I have an INI file for unnamed trainer editor and (an earlier version of) G3T earlier in the thread.

Back