• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: MrDollSteak's Decap. and Attack Rombase

mkarthick98

Tensai
Years
  • I don't think you need to. I read somewhere that as long as you haven't dome anything beyond 0x900000, and left it intact, you won't have issues. Am I wrong on this?

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • Just like Chaos Rush did, I'll list all the abilities in the newest update:
    Spoiler:

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2022
    Loving the ability and move lists. Almost every cool thing is already implemented! :O

I'm surprised Bad Dreams hasn't been implemented though, mostly because it seems simpler than things like Analytic and Download. Wouldn't it function like an always active Nightmare, or is there something about Bad Dreams that I'm forgetting?

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2015
    I don't know if this is the right place to report bugs or not. When I used Brick Break on a pokemon that had cast Reflect the game froze. Music continued to play but the image was static. Other than that I've just been enjoying your fantastic work. Keep it up.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Loving the ability and move lists. Almost every cool thing is already implemented! :O

I'm surprised Bad Dreams hasn't been implemented though, mostly because it seems simpler than things like Analytic and Download. Wouldn't it function like an always active Nightmare, or is there something about Bad Dreams that I'm forgetting?

It's probably just low priority because the only Pokemon with Bad Dreams isn't in Firered by default and it isn't as hyped as, say, Gale Wings. No doubt it'd be fairly easy to implement.

Trainer 781

I'm trying to figure out why Mold Breaker hasnt been implemented yet. It's pretty hype.

No hurry though. This rom base is one of the best things the community has to offer.
    Mold breaker negates around 40 different abilities ! Implementing this thing is equivalent to the effort of making a beta of 3 gyms. It should done by a group rather than a single person

Also IMO the list of the abilities negated by mold breaker need to be implemented and tested first. Then afterwards, changed by adding mold breaker checks to battle scripts, ASM,etc.

Years
  • Substitute doesn't work correctly. When an enemy pokemon uses it and tries to attack, it won't inflict damage. Basically what happens is that substitute works for both pokemon. Apparently that's not all. Looks like many new(but not only new, for example scratch) moves bypass substitute.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    I don't know if this is the right place to report bugs or not. When I used Brick Break on a pokemon that had cast Reflect the game froze. Music continued to play but the image was static. Other than that I've just been enjoying your fantastic work. Keep it up.

Tested this myself, I couldn't replicate it. Brick Break works fine for me, and I tried both Reflect and Light Screen for either side of the field. Did you alter the animation? Due to Brick Break's effect, it has a different animation if either of the screens are up, so if you've changed its animation it won't have a valid animation to go to when breaking a barrier, which probably caused the game to freeze.

The Substitute glitch is an issue, though. There's no image for the substitute on the other Pokemon's side, but it says "the substitute took damage for Bulbasaur!" or whatever. I haven't tested the moves that bypass Substitute.

Apart from that, I haven't seen any more glitches, although that's probably because I haven't been playtesting with the game itself. I'll report any other issues that come up.

EDIT: Charming Cry and Moonblast are both status moves, rather than special. Charming Cry is also set to "depends on target" for the range, rather than "both foes".

Thief still has 10 PP- it should be 25.

Flash is 70 accuracy.

After battle on Route 8, Lass Julia still says "Don't be so mean to my CLEFAIRY!" with the caps.

Not all of the Saffron Guards have been decapitalized (I only know for sure that the west one wasn't, not positive about the others).

Mr. Fuji's text in the Pokemon Tower is still capitalized too.

Oh, I just thought of something. Since you've already implemented Aerilate, Pixilate, and Refrigerate, would it be possible to make these abilities with the other types? I know there's no canon equivalents, and that there's limited ability space that would probably be better off with actual abilities, but I think it would be neat. Up to you, obviously.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Exodrake

The Manliest Chick that Ever Manlied
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I've reported these before but I think they got lost in that pointless argument, haha. I tested all of these both in my hack and against a control - applying the 1.5a patch to a vanilla FireRed rom. They give the same results.

-Sand Force freezes the game when the player sends the pokemon out. This does not occur for computer controlled pokemon with sand force though.

-The "impact" burst graphic for Horn Leech is a white block. Minor, but I think this was supposed to be a burst particle?

Another bug I ran into with Magic Bounce: if fighting an NPC trainer whose pokemon are shiny because of Shinyzer, Magic Bounce will turn that trainer's pokemon into bad eggs and the game will freeze.

Also, the daycare couple still freeze the game when taking the pokemon back. The single daycare below Cerulean is fixed and works fine, but the breeding daycare is still borked.

Really loving the new abilities in 1.5a!

Last edited:
    Years
  • In regards to the open source thing, that's not really a problem at all.
    The only thing I think that would need to be sourced would be abilities if anything.
    As Projectwolfie said, the majority of edits are well documented elsewhere.

I'll start work on releasing information with offsets and things.
    The implementation of many abilities could certainly be improved if people want to look into them.

Are you still planning to do this?

Years
  • I found some minor things, mostly related to moves:
    - Some texts aren't decapitalized on the Pokemon Center's second floor. For example saving the game before entering the trade/battle room.
    - While battling between two emulators(the same game of course) Stealth Rock's and Sticky Web's texts get messy.
    - Dazzling Gleam is called "Dazzle" and has a strange animation. It kinda looks like incomplete Iron Defense.
    - Growth seems to boost sharply Attack and Special Attacks regardless of the weather
    - Bubble's power is 30, should be 40
    - Acid Armor's PP is 40, should be 20
    - Dragon Pulse's power is 90, should be 85 (to match VI generation)
    - Wake-up-slap works fine however the slp Icon won't disappear when you wake up pokemon
    - Drain Kiss' power is 75, should be 50
    - Snarl's PP is 10, should be 15
    - Substitute is completely broken
    - Psycho Cut's description lacks the second "h" in the word "high"
    - Incinerate is BUGGY. When used on Pokemon that holds berry garbage text appears
    - Zap Cannon's power is 100, should be 120
    - Miracle Eye should enable psychic attacks to hit dark types, but it doesn't
    - Tailwind's animation is strange compared to the original; The move should last 4 turns but is permanent, however it doesn't do anything at the moment.
    - Sweet Scent lowers evasiveness by 1 stage, should by 2 stages
    - Minimize raises evasiveness by 1 stage, should by 2 stages
    - After defeating a wild pokemon using Volt Switch or U-Turn change is forced and 2 pokemon obtain exp (I think I read somewhere it can't be corrected but I decided to post it anyway)
    - I can select an enemy to use Acupressure on it. Fortunately the move's effects won't affect the enemy
    - Bug Bite and Pluck don't work as planned, when used on Pokemon that holds a Berry they ignore it
    - Geomancy won't ever complete, it's stuck at the first stage and the text always says: "Pokemon is absorbing power!"
    - Cotton Guard's PP is 20, should be 10. By the way, does this move raise the defense by 2 or by 3 stages?
    - Work Up's PP is 20, should be 30
    - Head Smash takes 1/3 recoil damage, should 1/2

If I find any other errors, I'll let you know. I also have a question. Are you going to insert all abilities you can or leave some space just like you did with moves? I ask because unlike the moves, there are no tutorials how to add abilities so I don't think many people would be able to do so.
    Patch is really awesome! I love some new attacks and abilities, like Technican or Moxie. I'm looking forward to 1.5b/1.6!

Last edited:

Exodrake

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    The G3HS ini included does not work. When I replace the ini the program crashes when I try opening any ROMs. Even the control rom won't open.

To fix the Geomancy loop bug, change the move target to "user" instead of "selected target".

Also, all moves with Clear Smog's effect must ignore Protect. Protecting against them freezes the game.

Oh that idea of making more non canon "normal type moves become _____ type" is awesome and i would love that. I thought of an ability called "Transmute" based on alchemy which turns normal moves into Steel but I have no ASM abilities lol. Another idea was "Void Heart" which would be like storm drain or lightningrod, but eat Fairy moves. I'm getting silly now though, lol.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The G3HS ini included does not work. When I replace the ini the program crashes when I try opening any ROMs. Even the control rom won't open.

To fix the Geomancy loop bug, change the move target to "user" instead of "selected target".

Also, all moves with Clear Smog's effect must ignore Protect. Protecting against them freezes the game.

Oh that idea of making more non canon "normal type moves become _____ type" is awesome and i would love that. I thought of an ability called "Transmute" based on alchemy which turns normal moves into Steel but I have no ASM abilities lol. Another idea was "Void Heart" which would be like storm drain or lightningrod, but eat Fairy moves. I'm getting silly now though, lol.

Try using the Ini Merger of G3HS.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Thanks to all of you reporting bugs. I am in the proeess of working through the things you have reported (though a few things you've identified aren't so much bugs as incomplete moves or abilities). KDS has also sent me some seperate bugs elsewhere.

The sheer amount of things you have found is fantastic but sadly also means there's more for me to do for the 'quick fix' patch which will most likely be 1.5b as opposed to 1.6 (because I don't even want to focus on new content until some of these major things are handled).

Are you still planning to do this?

Yes I am, in fact the most recent update has given the offsets of the tables so people can look through themselves. Sadly with things like ability ASM I most likely won't release it for this rombase (as a lot of the routines are slightly bugged as you can see). However as I'm working on porting abilities for the Emerald rombase, once they're all tested there, I'll open source those.

The G3HS ini included does not work. When I replace the ini the program crashes when I try opening any ROMs. Even the control rom won't open.

I'll take a look at that, I believe its because I moved the rom name back to BPRE. Even though MrDS was causing problems for people it's easier to fix than the G3HS thing. Though G3HS is a somewhat unstable beta so I'd probably stick to G3T or PGE.

Exodrake

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I have tried changing the ini and rom headers to MrDS and it didnt work either. I even adjusted the ini for the Oil type i added to my game and everything. It still won't open. I can work around it in other programs no problem but i got spoiled on that mass sprite import function lol. Though i have a standalone editor which can do that so it's not that problematic for me to use other tools for now.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Sorry to be a pain, but is the Day-care bug that was in the previous version particularly easy to fix? Do I just re-script it? I used it for a hack that is now in progress and the update patch just makes my rom go black after the titlescreen. I can live with the other bugs, but it'd be good if I could find a way to fix the Day-care one. Thanks for reading!

Back