• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

omg you're pushing my limit here!!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    How far can you go without someone making you worry? Do you actually have any anxiety at all over certain situations? Or can you go about your life without a care in the world? Are your stress levels good or bad?

For me, I worry about everything. I worry about my house catching on fire or a tornado destroying everything as well. My anxiety is so crippling that even simply walking out the front door without my mom or dad is hard for me. >< Yet, I have no problem walking around Walmart or a grocery store on my own, which is kind of weird. My stress levels are usually pretty bad, compared to how much I have to deal with everyday. I manage most of it well enough with medication because that's the only way I can keep it under perfect control.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I have pretty bad anxiety. I am anxious 100% of the time. No exceptions.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Only when I'm put into situations where I need to be independent my first time around in a new experience. That's what happened when I went into hospitals for the first time as a Nurse. I only had the basic understanding of what a Nurse should do, and yet they were expecting me to perform at a very high paced speed in which I needed to be on point at all times; they couldn't be watching over my shoulder at every point in the day. That, and combined with the fact that I felt inexperienced and utterly scared with helping people who needed immediate attention resulted in my dropping out of that major and going into another one.

I have pretty bad anxiety. I am anxious 100% of the time. No exceptions.

What's the root cause of it?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I get anxious about anything if I think about it too hard and start to think about the future if x happens. But it's hard for me to worry, because I've become desensitized to it, I think. I've lost my phone multiple times in public places and my worry level was just so low, like I wasn't panicking whatsoever, I was very casual about the whole thing. I know that doesn't really count, but an example of my lack of anxiety.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Even though I have a good reason to be perpetually anxious, I rarely am. I divert my mind with other things like video games, the internet, hanging out with friends, etc. That way ,when the time comes to sit down and address my issues, my mind is cleared and I have a clean perspective on matters. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Um it's kind of hard for me to explain. For the most part I am pretty carefree. I just truly do not care about much. But the few things that do stress me out usually stress me to the core. Just like starting a new job, starting school, going to parties.. aka anything I'm starting new at with strangers or just in an environment full of people I don't know. In the past I used to throw up before these things because I was so nervous, but I've gotten better at controlling it and I haven't thrown up in a while out of nervousness or when I do it's very scattered. But yeah I've created a lot of ways for me to relax and that helps a lot... I really just wish though I would get over being nervous at all rather than just suppressing it.

Years
    I stress about everything. Like right now, I'm worried about my work over the summer and how I'm going to handle my money. Last night my roommate didn't come home when I expected and I was like "omg what if he got in an accident and died??". I have to call unemployment on Monday and I haaaaate phones. If there's any room to worry, I do. D:

One of my coworkers commented that I stress out too much, and it's true. I wish I could just calm down every once in awhile. But it's not so bad that I can't function. So I wouldn't say I have anxiety or anything.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    it's very rare that I'm worried at all. I love it, and I think it's one of my best traits. I'm not sure what it is but I just can't bring myself to be very bothered by anything, which can lead to some effort issues in school but like they're not too bad. I always just think to myself "if I screw up really bad no one's gonna remember in a few months including myself so who really cares" or something along those lines.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I worry a lot, but not as much as some members do here. I think it mostly stems from me being really indecisive a lot, so I mostly worry about what choice would be the right one or how people view me.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I used to be a big hypochondriac about my health, I would worry that every headache was a brain tumour or every spot on my skin was gonna turn purple and be the start of meningitis. I wasted a lot of my childhood freaking out about death.

I'm fine now, though. I grew out of it, for the most part.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I either worry about every little thing or I don't worry about anything at all. There is no in between for me. Either something will get my attention and I'll fret over it until it happens/passes/doesn't matter/whatever or I'll just not care and instantly forget about it.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    I used to be a big hypochondriac about my health, I would worry that every headache was a brain tumour or every spot on my skin was gonna turn purple and be the start of meningitis. I wasted a lot of my childhood freaking out about death.

I'm fine now, though. I grew out of it, for the most part.
    AND YET THE IRONY IS THAT YOU'RE CLOSER TO DEATH NOW. dun dun dun.

Worrying is a waste of time so I rarely do it. Having a good ol' gripe about things however... that's another story.

Years
    If I submit an application to a job, or anything really (such as a scholarship application), then I definitely get anxious. It makes me worry when I don't hear back as well on said applications, because I always worry if my submissions were even looked at or just piled on and thrown away.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
    When I get anxious or worried, I get really anxious or worried. I generally just pray and calm myself down.

This is a good quote that helps: "worry is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it'm doesn't get you anywhere".

All you are doing is wasting time. If you are anxious over something you have to do, knock it out bit by bit and you will look back in a few hours and think, "wow, I'm almost finished". Then you can go play some pokemon or whatever.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    i worry about everything. with me having anxiety, i just worry about all the tiny things and im a wreck when it comes to big things. worrying just shows that i care.

Years
    I wouldn't necessarily say that every little matter worries me, but rather in some situations I'm very cautious. For example, when I'm driving to school, and about to merge on to the highway, I always make sure to observe the flow of traffic about 50 metres behind, and which car I could potentially get in front of. Other than that, I wouldn't say that I worry about much, which is surprising because the rest of my family worries about everything. My parents have always been overly protective of both my sister, and I so that might be where I get my sense of cautiousness from. The only thing that I constantly worry about is my grades.

Back