• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    May/Brendan's house PC was used only to store items, anyway. After the infinite bag storage thing came by, I guess they just left the personal PC thing. Totally love the consoles in both the rooms lol

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Irc they changed it in Gen IV...so it's not new xD

The PC was also used to arrange the decorations (I checkedmit out in my Emerald) in the room. So again, perhaps decorating the room won't return. At least we have the secret bases to look forward to. I hope they add a ton of new items, such as Plushies. Maybe one doll for every Mascot from Charizard all the way to Primal Kyogre (they can have modern Kyogre and Groudon too. Maybe include the Megas of the Kanto mascots too).
    Hey maybe the items that were made for DW will return like the tables, carpets and such.

Years
  • Of all the things they could have decided to put a realistic spin on, I never understood why it was the bag's capacity. n__n; Was very happy to hear that the feature was removed in X and Y; in Pokemon, some things are better with a little realism, but I don't think having infinite bag storage bothered anyone due to its inconsistencies with logic.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Also with many more items introduced since Generation III, it's kinda necessary to have unlimited bag space. Speaking of which I wonder if you'll be able to find Shiny, Dusk and Dawn Stones to evolve the likes of Roselia, Kirlia, Snorunt etc.

Years
  • Also with many more items introduced since Generation III, it's kinda necessary to have unlimited bag space. Speaking of which I wonder if you'll be able to find Shiny, Dusk and Dawn Stones to evolve the likes of Roselia, Kirlia, Snorunt etc.

Interesting thought. In HGSS, it was impossible to keep Yanma from evolving into Yanmega, because it deals with learning a move, but for that group of Pokemon, if Game Freak wanted to keep the main story line generation III and backwards in terms of available Pokemon, they might not make the stones available until post-game. I'm hoping they don't, because I want to use Roserade. D:

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Guys, I was just looking at these images:

Spoiler:

Just a normal image which basically revealed Poké Marts, right? Well, I have evidence that this is Petalburg City and May and Brendan are on Route 102.

Recall that we've already seen Pokémon Centers and what I (we?) believe to be a gym:

Spoiler:

I've circled some stuff on the second image of the Beautifly to show that the placement corresponds with how Petalburg City is arranged

Spoiler:

Now take a look at the original map of Petalburg:

Spoiler:

If anything, the house and Gym are close to each other like original Petalburg. The house design in the second Beautifly image kind of looks like a revamped Petalburg house (to me at least.) From this, I believe May and Brendan are on Route 102 and are near Petalburg.

I may be wrong, but I just wanted to show this off. Sorry if it gets hard to follow. xD;

Years
  • Impressive detective work, that most definitely confirms it. However, personally, I assumed it was Petalburg from the very first screenshot you showcased, as that patch of grass looks quite similar to the area in which Wally first captures his Ralts. What scares me is that May is in that screenshot with Brendan, not Wally himself. Could mean Wally's absence from the game, though I hope I'm overreacting. :[

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Guys, I was just looking at these images:

Spoiler:

Just a normal image which basically revealed Poké Marts, right? Well, I have evidence that this is Petalburg City and May and Brendan are on Route 102.

Recall that we've already seen Pokémon Centers and what I (we?) believe to be a gym:

Spoiler:

I've circled some stuff on the second image of the Beautifly to show that the placement corresponds with how Petalburg City is arranged

Spoiler:

Now take a look at the original map of Petalburg:

Spoiler:

If anything, the house and Gym are close to each other like original Petalburg. The house design in the second Beautifly image kind of looks like a revamped Petalburg house (to me at least.) From this, I believe May and Brendan are on Route 102 and are near Petalburg.

I may be wrong, but I just wanted to show this off. Sorry if it gets hard to follow. xD;

You're totally right. When I first saw that particular image on Serebii, I clocked that it was Petalburg due to the location of the grass and the Mart. I don't know how but I remember specifically that the Pokémart was right on the entrance of Petalburg City. n_n

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Maybe May just tagged along with you to Petalburg, rather than Wally not being in the game at all. I personally would love to see some more involvement from the rival this time around.

By the way, I'm a little offput by the gym and city size. I know that it was a debate about how the proportions would be handled, and maybe it's just the quality of the images making me wary, but everything seems so small and crammed... I don't know, besides Fortree City, I'm not impressed by the landscape we've seen so far.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe May just tagged along with you to Petalburg, rather than Wally not being in the game at all. I personally would love to see some more involvement from the rival this time around.

By the way, I'm a little offput by the gym and city size. I know that it was a debate about how the proportions would be handled, and maybe it's just the quality of the images making me wary, but everything seems so small and crammed... I don't know, besides Fortree City, I'm not impressed by the landscape we've seen so far.

If they tag alongside the MC. It'll mean that it'll have be after Oldeal town as the player is by themselves (one can tell it's that town as the Pokémart guy tells us where to buy Potions and Pokéballs like in the originals).

I think it's because it's beta.

Hoenn seems like it's close to its RSE's size. So perhaps post game will introduce a lot of new areas (those covered by clouds) to give us even more to explore.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • I didn't like the huge fists on Mega Swampert, which is a bit of a stab in the heart to me considering Mudkip's line was my fave of the starters in Hoenn. It may grow on me eventually but it will take a fair while because I know the uglier the design the slower it'll grow on me.

Somebody on YouTube (I'm pretty sure it was either TyranitarTube or giancarloparimango11) mentioned during a video in which he went over the new Megas that he noticed that Mega Sceptile and Mega Blaziken have cross-like marks somewhere on the bodies while Mega Swampert doesn't. Maybe Swampert'll get a second Mega Evolution like Charizard did?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't know about you guys, but I actually really like Swampert's mega design. To me, it looks like an extreme tank, which it is; while battling with it, it's always able to endure hits from opponents, and have enough strength left in itself to hit back even harder. Its fists might not look too well to some people, but in my opinion, it adds to its touch a lot more; it makes this Pokémon look very, very tough.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back