• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I just highlighted it, and underlined it for all to see :P

Btw what happened with the quote to make it all wonky?

I wonder how Primal Rayquaza will look. Since Groudon is heavier, and Kyogre is longer Rayquaza could become taller.

Oh, I didn't see That post. My phone glitched out Durning the quote. Maybe they will make Primal Rayquaza(Assuming we get one) both longer and heavier?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Not to change the topic or anything but...

The truck is confirmed to be back :) I mean why wouldn't it be lel XD

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024

Those two screenshots are confusing me.
    Why is there an option of us choosing normally and an option for us to choose what PKMN we pick to help Birch? o.0

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Yeah, I always expected them to get something a little more special than Megas. I was surprised though that they weren't called something like Primal Megas though xD.
    I wonder if the orbs will break and turn into stones like in the Manga when they turned into a ruby and a sapphire. After all their Primal forms have a Ruby and a Sapphire where the helix of a Mega is.

Edit: They changed the appearance of the evolution sequence:

Wow, I agree those are interesting evolution sequences. I can't wait to evolve my Pokemon ingame lmao

Why is there an option of us choosing normally and an option for us to choose what PKMN we pick to help Birch? o.0

The bag is on the top screen while the XY-esque selection is on the bottom I guess.

Still don't get how that confirms anything. It's a shot of Littleroot.

The black sides are the insides of the truck.

Years
    What was the importance of the truck in the original games? I assume it was something cool since people are making a deal out of it............

It's what Dave said just above, the protagonist was originally from Johto but they moved to Hoenn and start their journey in Littleroot Town. What I want to see is retain the little gimmick where Brendan always lives in the house on the left while May lives in the house on the right.

That was a nice unique feature imo, and I was sad other towns weren't like Littleroot in that regard.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016

The bag is on the top screen while the XY-esque selection is on the bottom I guess.

.. Wait what? XD;

No no, the bag is on the bottom definitely, with the starters shown up top. Because I'm sure like X&Y you have the ability to tap the Pokeball with your stylus to get an up-close view of the starter and then choose it. It wouldn't make any sense for the bag to be on the top screen if you ask me. We've had the ability to 'tap' the Pokeball since.. probably DPPt. If not, then definitely B&W.

I can't see any reason for them to change it up.

Besides you can see that the starters are lined up according to their Pokeballs on the bottom.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    One day is enough for all this to burst out, eh? Love the new screens and I'm oh-so-glad they kept the truck thing. Apart from us sitting in the back of the truck and being uncomfortable, it's a really cool way of starting the game. To be honest, it's actually kind of cool for it to be so, so much apart from the dull sitting-in-your-room thing.

I don't really like the bag scene, though. Doesn't show any panic. They could have at least changed it to 'Choose a Pokémon!' or something, a little more flavour. Birch is going to be attacked by a Lv 2 Poochyena! Imagine the horror!

Years
    Thanks everyone for letting me know about the truck. It makes sense now. I did read the hoenn Manga so I knew the main character moved to hoenn but I didn't realize everyone was talking about a moving truck, XD. Awesome.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    Didn't even notice the truck until looking at that screen again, I thought it was just some sort of pan aramid view upon entering Littleroot Town. What a beautiful first look though!

I thought the same thing, like when the player walks out of their house for the first time in X/Y. That sort of thing. xD;

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    The "shooting star" is to the left of Groudon and to the right of Kyogre in their respective cave paintings. The fact that the legends are facing opposite directions in their games reminds me of the Emerald art work for the Trio with Groudon on Right and Kyogre on the left while Rayquaza was flying over them in the center of the two.

For anyone who is curious, these are the pictures in question that are being referenced:

The truck is confirmed to be back :) I mean why wouldn't it be lel XD

LOL. I was kind of hoping that Brendan/May would properly ride in the front passenger seat or something, but whatever...I guess nostalgia wins out here! I still have irrational fears about that truck, like maybe the doors won't open due to a glitch and you'll be stuck in that truck room forever. {XD}

Wow that new evolution scene looks amazing. I know it's the same as XY's but with a different background, still the colors remind me of the evolution scene from 3rd Gen for some reason, which adds more to the nostalgia.

I had the same sentiment regarding the colors (specifically, the "blue aura" that Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen introduced during the "rapid sprite flip-flop" segment, which Pokemon Emerald retained; the "background" for Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire was just...black and stuff, so yeah XD)... It's a minor addition, but the evolution scene was made even more special because of the "blue aura" thing. :3

Yeah; they confused me at first, but I read that the DS/3DS games usually have a "split-screen" thing during the starter Pokemon selection nowadays and then I figired that such an implementation seems more likely. At first I was like "WTF? Professor Birch is in peril (cute lil' Poochyena FTW) near a grassy area and needs to be haphazardly/hastily rescued; what are we doing formally selecting Pokemon from a desk?" {XD}

It's what Dave said just above, the protagonist was originally from Johto but they moved to Hoenn and start their journey in Littleroot Town. What I want to see is retain the little gimmick where Brendan always lives in the house on the left while May lives in the house on the right.

That was a nice unique feature imo, and I was sad other towns weren't like Littleroot in that regard.

Do you know if there's a source for the "Brendan/May moved from Johto" thing? I keep seeing it mentioned and I know that Brendan/May moved from somewhere, but I've found no concrete source for Johto specifically.. I temporarily restarted both Ruby and Emerald (although apparently Emerald specifically took the Johto reference out) and I saw no mention of Johto in the beginning.. Did a random non-playable character (NPC) say it or what..?

And yeah, that house gimmick was cute, although it can be slightly disorienting if you temporarily restart the game as the alternate/opposite gender.. XD

.. Wait what? XD;

No no, the bag is on the bottom definitely, with the starters shown up top. Because I'm sure like X&Y you have the ability to tap the Pokeball with your stylus to get an up-close view of the starter and then choose it. It wouldn't make any sense for the bag to be on the top screen if you ask me. We've had the ability to 'tap' the Pokeball since.. probably DPPt. If not, then definitely B&W.

I can't see any reason for them to change it up.

Besides you can see that the starters are lined up according to their Pokeballs on the bottom.

Ah; didn't know this...hopefully it's kept like that unless Game Freak strangely decided to reverse screen order..

One day is enough for all this to burst out, eh? Love the new screens and I'm oh-so-glad they kept the truck thing. Apart from us sitting in the back of the truck and being uncomfortable, it's a really cool way of starting the game. To be honest, it's actually kind of cool for it to be so, so much apart from the dull sitting-in-your-room thing.

I don't really like the bag scene, though. Doesn't show any panic. They could have at least changed it to 'Choose a Pokémon!' or something, a little more flavour. Birch is going to be attacked by a Lv 2 Poochyena! Imagine the horror!

RIDING IN THE BACK OF MOVING TRUCKS IS EDGY, YO! :P But yeah, it's a really flavorful way to start the game (although probably downright scary/frightening for claustrophobic people...?)..

As for the bag scene, you're referring to just the text, right? Because the visuals seem downright faithful to me (they even included Professor Birch's awesome-looking brown bag with the widdle papers and books/journals slightly slipping out and stuff.. :3 I'm really going to miss that cool-looking pointing hand, though..maybe it'll make a different cameo somehow!).

Concerning the text, I have no idea why they changed the text from "PROF. BIRCH is in trouble! Release a Pokemon and rescue him!" to the bland "Choose a Pokemon." Exclamation points do a wonderful job of conveying the urgency here.. The only thing that I'm thinking is that maybe the "Choose a Pokemon." text appears as a forceful prompt in OR/AS if you try to exit that particular menu/screen... The "Choose a Pokemon." text is kind of funny, though...it's like the game is saying "Choose a Pokemon, dude. It's just a Poochyena attacking a full-grown man, no biggie. Don't rush."

I also found it odd that the OR/AS text box for that particular screen uses the "in-battle" variant rather than the "menu/text popping up" variant, but it's not too big of a deal. I kind of like the visual change, actually.

The truck is confirmed to be back
    I mean why wouldn't it be lel XD

Still don't get how that confirms anything. It's a shot of Littleroot.

The black sides are the insides of the truck.

Didn't even notice the truck until looking at that screen again, I thought it was just some sort of pan aramid view upon entering Littleroot Town. What a beautiful first look though!

LOL; yeah, I was like "WTF? What truck? All I see is HOUSES, signs, and grass!" ~_~ {XD}

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back