• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Especially I ally if they treat a city in hoenn like lumiose, the camera angles there were monstrous at times.

I think they'll keep the towns small and closed together like in the originals. But it'll still be helpful. Especially if they use it as a test for 'Z' camera which will help mitigate Lumiose's angle issue (which I was thinking of when I recalled XY's sharp angles )

Years
  • You know, now I think about it these kinds of grass really do exist... maybe I'm just not that familiar with it. I noticed that in Kalos, the super-tall grass was very concealing because you wouldn't even know a trainer was hiding in there until they pop out and challenge you to a battle. I think it was definitely a new high taken with the grass.

Given how Routes 119 and 120 in Hoenn are covered in a lot of these patches of super-tall grass it'll surely be way more freaky when a trainer pops out compared to the original games.

Years
  • You know, now I think about it these kinds of grass really do exist... maybe I'm just not that familiar with it. I noticed that in Kalos, the super-tall grass was very concealing because you wouldn't even know a trainer was hiding in there until they pop out and challenge you to a battle. I think it was definitely a new high taken with the grass.

Given how Routes 119 and 120 in Hoenn are covered in a lot of these patches of super-tall grass it'll surely be way more freaky when a trainer pops out compared to the original games.

Lol, they were covered up in the originals too. Also in parts of Sinnoh there was tall grass at the end of the road that hid trainers... so super tall grass has always been scary...at least for me. I still remember when a kid in Emerald popped up out of the grass and battled me.

Years
  • Lol, they were covered up in the originals too. Also in parts of Sinnoh there was tall grass at the end of the road that hid trainers... so super tall grass has always been scary...at least for me. I still remember when a kid in Emerald popped up out of the grass and battled me.

Yeah, I think the covering up of trainers definitely got more blatant in later generations. In fact having the shaking grass event occur on Route 7 (aka Unova's resident super-tall grass route) in Unova was even more freaky, it really scared me the first time I saw it while playing Black.

Years
  • Speaking of shaking grass, I hope that makes a return. Was extremely helpful, and I think it's worth implementing again. One of the things that helped me like Unova even after the monkey trio! Hoenn would greatly benefit from having such a feature, as would all of the regions, haha.

Years
  • Speaking of shaking grass, I hope that makes a return. Was extremely helpful, and I think it's worth implementing again. One of the things that helped me like Unova even after the monkey trio! Hoenn would greatly benefit from having such a feature, as would all of the regions, haha.
    Finally someone who mentions they want the Gen V grasses to return other than me :). I hope they have it. Maybe have rare Pokemon like Slakoth, and Ralts appear in shaking grass.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Wow I completely forgot about shaking grass. I am so awful! D:

I second the 'please no more Audino' tidbit. Makes things so stupidly easy and that's just not fun at all. ;_;

Also can shiny Pokemon make the shaking grass sparkle pretty please? It'd be like chaining but without the chain!

Years
  • I hope not. And chances are it won't appear, at least in the main game unless they add non-Hoenn dex relative Pokémon into the ORAS Hoenn dex... I hope they don't add it out of all of them.

I second that shiny shaking grass. Speaking of chaining I wonder if we'll get the PokéRadar in ORAS. It will be a nice for them to add in the gen IV (originated) device to gen III remakes. Maybe Norman could give it to us in addition to the boat ticket post game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Even if they do wind up to be common, I'm not sure how many people would actually spend time searching for them one-by-one just to gain a few boosted experience. Battling against trainers would be more preferable, as that'd save more time and lend you a whole lot more exp. Speaking of which, I'd love it if they brought Versus Seeker back, or at least implemented the feature within PokéNav. I know you could make calls with it and whatnot to set matches up, but it'd be much easier if you were able to do it instantly while you were near Pokémon trainers, just like Vs. Seeker.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Audino/Chansey grinding is mainly that easy because it requires little effort: just keep systematically cycling two directions until you hear the grass rustle. Tbh, I don't really see the need for this grinding, because we have stuff like Exp Share already. Just an increase in levels of everything. I don't think wild Pokémon encounters will be changed for the most part, but a level hike will be lot useful.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Even if they do wind up to be common, I'm not sure how many people would actually spend time searching for them one-by-one just to gain a few boosted experience. Battling against trainers would be more preferable, as that'd save more time and lend you a whole lot more exp. Speaking of which, I'd love it if they brought Versus Seeker back, or at least implemented the feature within PokéNav. I know you could make calls with it and whatnot to set matches up, but it'd be much easier if you were able to do it instantly while you were near Pokémon trainers, just like Vs. Seeker.

I loved the Vs. Seeker. I think this is a great idea!

Maybe they can implement something like one of the Pokemon Breeders in BW2, he was in a place you did not have to go through to advance but that every time you passed in front of him, he challenged you to a battle. I liked to grind there a bit, haha.

Years
  • I hope they don't make Audino or Chansey so common in ORAS. Grinding Pokemon to Lv 100 is just to easy in recent games... Haha XD

Lol, we don't even know if they'll even add them.

It would be nice if the trainers we who called us up for a battle in a Match Call did the B2W2 breeder thing mentioned earlier. It'll make one weary of where they're going and who may pop up and battle us...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I can see Audino being added into shaking grass patches for training purposes, it wouldn't really make a difference to add the odd Unova Pokémon IMO.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I'm really hoping for the VS seeker back. It was just more helpful and fast than battling the elite 4 a million times.

I'm still dying to know if contests are going to come back. The fact that they haven't even mentioned it yet scares me.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Oh gods, I loved the VS seeker - it was definitely handy for leveling up and such! Although back then I used to just battle those newsreporters (I think it was Gabby and T.Y?) a billion times before the Leauge. I hope that there will be better opportunities to grind, basically! Match Call would be okay too, though, I don't normally get much luck with it, haha. ;_:

Oh, and I definitely hope contests will come back too. Most likely they will, if not, I'll be a very sad dragon cause I liked them better than the other shinanegans at later games (well, they were fun, but, I liked the Hoenn contests the most!).

Years
  • I'm really hoping for the VS seeker back. It was just more helpful and fast than battling the elite 4 a million times.

I'm still dying to know if contests are going to come back. The fact that they haven't even mentioned it yet scares me.

We can see buildings that look similar to the Contest halls in Slateport, Lilycove, and Verdanturf, the fourth one in Fallarbor is harder to see on the map.

I don't think Audino would fit in with Hoenn...it seems like a Pokémon fitting of a more Urban setting like Unova or Kalos.

Years
  • Yes. PLEASE. I would love for something to make training easier instead of just having to wait on certain trainers with the Match Call. I doubt the Vs. Seeker will actually return, but if it did that would be very good.

Maybe they'll make the Pickup ability overpowered again…?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back