• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ORAS anniversary

CatAlert

[Insert User Title]
    Years
    12.I have three answers for this question:
    The mirage spot legendary I encountered first was either Terrakion or Mespirit.
    The hidden legendary I first caught... Let's just say it flies and it wasn't even in a mirage spot.
    The actual mirage spot legendary I caught first was Zekrom, because why not?

Years
    12. Which of the Mirage Spot Legendary Pokemon did you go for first?

I haven't really attempted to find and catch any of them yet, but I stumbled upon Cobalion by accident while soaring (pretty much the same as Pancham).

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    11. Did you find the Deoxys encounter to be difficult?
    Nope, it could definitely deal damage, but I beat it and caught it easily. Still an epic fight!

I believe it was Ho-Oh( I've caught and spent hours on each of them so I'm not sure)
    I've been shiny hunting them here and there and Ho-oh was the first one I've got. I have several other shiny legends from them, and I am still trying to get the rest as well as do masuda methoding for competitive shinys.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Did you keep Groudon/Kyogre on your team after you caught it?

They are still sat in my bank to this day untouched

10. What was your championship team?
    Blaziken, Metagross, Mightyena, Gardevior, Swellow, Swampert.

I wasn't expecting it so was very unprepared, had next to no pokeballs so took several tries.

Went for a shiny Ho-oh which i eventually saw twice... after I killed it the first time and got lucky seeing a 2nd only 2 SR later :D

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Nope, it could definitely deal damage, but I beat it and caught it easily. Still an epic fight!

I believe it was Ho-Oh( I've caught and spent hours on each of them so I'm not sure)
    I've been shiny hunting them here and there and Ho-oh was the first one I've got. I have several other shiny legends from them, and I am still trying to get the rest as well as do masuda methoding for competitive shinys.

Did you keep Groudon/Kyogre on your team after you caught it?

They are still sat in my bank to this day untouched

Blaziken, Metagross, Mightyena, Gardevior, Swellow, Swampert.

I wasn't expecting it so was very unprepared, had next to no pokeballs so took several tries.

Went for a shiny Ho-oh which i eventually saw twice... after I killed it the first time and got lucky seeing a 2nd only 2 SR later :D

Oh wow, so you guys actually got shiny Ho-ohs from the Mirage Spots?! That's really lucky, especially after only 2 SRs :o

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Oh wow, so you guys actually got shiny Ho-ohs from the Mirage Spots?! That's really lucky, especially after only 2 SRs :o

Yeah, it's fun to shiny hunt! I have the charm, so my odds were increased. Took around 200 something resets for Ho-oh. My longest being Kyreum which lasted like 2 weeks with way to many resets for me to remember...

Years

Sceptile, Latias, Kyogre, Cosplay Pikachu, Diancie and Delphox

Easy to defeat but difficult to catch. I got fed up in the end and as I already had one defeated it and thought I'd try again another time. Must remember to do that!

I can't remember, as I brought them all over from Bank I wasn't actively searching for them but more exploring the Islands. I have caught a couple I think but saving the rest to try for Shinies!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years

I don't remember... Wait.

/goes to the ORAS journal thread

ORAS anniversary

Entry 1: Reshiram

Before beginning, I stockpiled some Premier Balls by buying more Quick Balls. Only got 12, but hopefully that'll be enough.

I then transferred one of my lv 100 Pokemon from Y to OR in order to get one of my favorite legendaries: Reshiram. Replaced my OR Milotic Lamiroir with my Y Milotic Aria, I head towards the skies of Mauville City on Latios and noticed the Fabled Cave.

After landing, I switched into Amimi as lead. Interacting with the portal gave me Reshiram, and after sending out Amimi I placed it to sleep. A couple of Return(s?) later, Reshiram was in the red, but it woke up and dealt a good amount of damage to Amimi, fainting her. I switched into Aria 'cause she's the highest leveled as well as a good matchup against Reshiram.

It took 10 Premier Balls before the dragon was tamed. Reshiram in a pretty white ball, now this I approve.

There we go lol.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
    Which of the Mirage Spot Legendary Pokemon did you go for first?

The first one I encountered (and captured) was Cresselia. I had just began soaring on Latias for the first time in the game, so it was before the post-game. I knew there were tons of legendaries in the game, but I had no idea how to get them and I thought they were in the post-game or something. I saw a red sparkle in the distance and it was apparently Crescent Isle. I had no idea what that was so I landed there and saved just in case. The first time I saw that dimensional ring thing, I had no idea what was going on. I sort of thought it was Hoopa at first, but I thought "No, that can't be right..." Eager to find out what it was, I pressed A and then was surprised to see it was Cresselia, then proceeded to try catching it for like, 30 minutes before I was successful :P

After that I went for the Lake Guardians. Boy, Mespirit and Azelf were a real pain in the rear, especially Azelf who kept Nasty Plotting and Future Sighting...it's hard enough getting that thing down to red and paralyzing it...at least it didn't have Recover :P

I doubt this counts but I eventually also went after Lugia once I knew I could get it in Sea Mauville. He was also sort of a pain. And the other day, I got Heatran. Same deal :P

I wonder why all of them are interacted with via that weird dimensional portal thing. Is it supposed to be a reference to the then-upcoming movie where Hoopa makes dimensional holes from his rings that summon many different legendaries?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023

The first one I encountered (and captured) was Cresselia. I had just began soaring on Latias for the first time in the game, so it was before the post-game. I knew there were tons of legendaries in the game, but I had no idea how to get them and I thought they were in the post-game or something. I saw a red sparkle in the distance and it was apparently Crescent Isle. I had no idea what that was so I landed there and saved just in case. The first time I saw that dimensional ring thing, I had no idea what was going on. I sort of thought it was Hoopa at first, but I thought "No, that can't be right..." Eager to find out what it was, I pressed A and then was surprised to see it was Cresselia, then proceeded to try catching it for like, 30 minutes before I was successful :P

After that I went for the Lake Guardians. Boy, Mespirit and Azelf were a real pain in the rear, especially Azelf who kept Nasty Plotting and Future Sighting...it's hard enough getting that thing down to red and paralyzing it...at least it didn't have Recover :P

I doubt this counts but I eventually also went after Lugia once I knew I could get it in Sea Mauville. He was also sort of a pain. And the other day, I got Heatran. Same deal :P

I wonder why all of them are interacted with via that weird dimensional portal thing. Is it supposed to be a reference to the then-upcoming movie where Hoopa makes dimensional holes from his rings that summon many different legendaries?
    Yes, it's a setup for the movie, and I believe they hint at it in game. I think they might expand upon it in Z. I'm surprised you get reshiriam that fast! Took me awhile to catch the shiny one I found.

Years
    playing catch up :D

1. Did you get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire the day they came out?
    No.. sadly. Normally I do get the main series games right when they come out but my family was on vacation to the Dominican Republic and didn't come back until a few days after release.

2. What was your reason for choosing OR or AS over the other?
    I went with AS because I love blue and Sapphire has sentimental value being my first Hoenn game. That and there's just something much more appealing about water compared to fire/ground types.. can't forget how awesome the thunderstorm music was in the originals, either.

3. What did you nickname your starter?
    Nope, I didn't nickname mine. :D Easier not to lol. Was itching to start playing.

4. Did you do the Pokemon Contest when you first got to Slateport?
    Uh.. I don't think so? I wanted to get through the main game first so I set contests off to the side until later. Sorry, Lisia.

5. Which bike did you choose when you first got to Mauville?
    Acro. <3 Got used to it from the originals and it's not too slow nor too fast. Glad we were able to get both in the end though since switching between them was suuuper annoying.

6. Where did you establish your first ever Secret Base?
    Dear lord I can't even remember. Route 114 originally since it was easy to access and I love the trees.. though it wasn't very spacious. Pretty sure I moved it later to one of the bases in the secret shore areas.

7. What was the first Pokemon you Mega Evolved in the game?
    I can't recall but probably my starter (Sceptile) because why not. <3 Really great mega form that I was happy to finally use.

8. Did you catch any Pokemon from the Safari Zone in your first playthrough?
    Yup! I'm a collector so of course I'd go out and catch them, ha. Tried to nab as many as I could to help me with completing the dex later.

9. Did you keep Groudon/Kyogre on your team after you caught it?
    No.. they'd make an already easy game too easy. ; ; So I boxed them. Was already pretty happy with my story team and didn't feel I'd ever need to use a legendary.

ORAS anniversary

-party soft-

Not at all. I used my Master Ball. :p But the music was so godly omgggg.

One of the pixies since I wanted to SR for a shiny.. never ended up getting it. Should be Azelf ~

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Oh god yea. They would have been sooo much harder with Recover haha. And yea, the portals are foreshadowing to the Hoopa movie, as zoroark said.

playing catch up :D

1. Did you get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire the day they came out?
    No.. sadly. Normally I do get the main series games right when they come out but my family was on vacation to the Dominican Republic and didn't come back until a few days after release.

2. What was your reason for choosing OR or AS over the other?
    I went with AS because I love blue and Sapphire has sentimental value being my first Hoenn game. That and there's just something much more appealing about water compared to fire/ground types.. can't forget how awesome the thunderstorm music was in the originals, either.

3. What did you nickname your starter?
    Nope, I didn't nickname mine. :D Easier not to lol. Was itching to start playing.

4. Did you do the Pokemon Contest when you first got to Slateport?
    Uh.. I don't think so? I wanted to get through the main game first so I set contests off to the side until later. Sorry, Lisia.

5. Which bike did you choose when you first got to Mauville?
    Acro. <3 Got used to it from the originals and it's not too slow nor too fast. Glad we were able to get both in the end though since switching between them was suuuper annoying.

6. Where did you establish your first ever Secret Base?
    Dear lord I can't even remember. Route 114 originally since it was easy to access and I love the trees.. though it wasn't very spacious. Pretty sure I moved it later to one of the bases in the secret shore areas.

7. What was the first Pokemon you Mega Evolved in the game?
    I can't recall but probably my starter (Sceptile) because why not. <3 Really great mega form that I was happy to finally use.

8. Did you catch any Pokemon from the Safari Zone in your first playthrough?
    Yup! I'm a collector so of course I'd go out and catch them, ha. Tried to nab as many as I could to help me with completing the dex later.

9. Did you keep Groudon/Kyogre on your team after you caught it?
    No.. they'd make an already easy game too easy. ; ; So I boxed them. Was already pretty happy with my story team and didn't feel I'd ever need to use a legendary.

ORAS anniversary

-party soft-

Not at all. I used my Master Ball. :p But the music was so godly omgggg.

One of the pixies since I wanted to SR for a shiny.. never ended up getting it. Should be Azelf ~

Mawile yessss <3

And yea, I loved the music too! Took me forever trying to catch Deoxys, but it was awesome getting to listen to that music for 20 minutes straight! ^^

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    12. Which of the Mirage Spot Legendary Pokemon did you go for first?: The Generation II mascots, Lugia and Ho-oh (in AS and OR, respectively). Their low PP made me want to get them over with first.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    12. Which of the Mirage Spot Legendary Pokémon did you go for first?
    I was going after Mesprit first, after some curiosity when seeing some light in one of the caves while soaring with my Latias (not to mention that it's my first time soaring with Latias, as well), I have no idea that the cave was the place to catch Legendary Pokémon as well.

Years
    No not really. I managed to catch it with minimal fuss I think.

Either Uxie or Mesprite. Stumbled across it by accident, but luckly saved before checking out the weird floating ring.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    9. Did you keep Groudon/Kyogre on your team after you caught it? Only post game did I use Groudon. 10. What was your championship team? Sceptile, Mightyena, Linoone, Masquerain and I'm forgetting the other two. 11. Did you find the Deoxys encounter to be difficult? One Hit-ko 12. Which of the Mirage Spot Legendary Pokemon did you go for first? I ran into Uxie or Mesprit first, without trying.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023

I think it was Cobalion. I can't remember, really, as I quickly got a lot of legendaries with those mirage spots.

Back