• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ORAS anniversary

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    11. Did you find the Deoxys encounter to be difficult?
    Nope because I killed it and then saved and then cried a little....lol.

Reactions: Z25
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024

Not the first time I fought it... I managed to snag it on the second turn with an Ultra Ball. The second time I fought it... yes. It took me forever to catch the thing, but in the end I managed it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    9. Did you keep Groudon/Kyogre on your team after you caught it?: Yes.
    10. What was your championship team?:

Alpha Sapphire:
    -Swampert
    -Metagross
    -Gardevoir
    -Armaldo
    -Latias
    -Kyogre

Omega Ruby:
    -Blaziken
    -Shiftry
    -Gardevoir
    -Gyarados
    -Latios
    -Groudon
    11. Did you find the Deoxys encounter to be difficult?: Nope, I OHKOed it with Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent on purpose so I could soft-reset for it reliably after the Delta Episode.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
    I think I won't find it to be difficult because the game is otherwise so easy.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

I actually did, but not how you think. It was difficult to keep it alive so I could catch it. As far as simply defeating it, I learned really quick that the Rayquaza you get can easily one shot it.

CatAlert

[Insert User Title]
    Years
    11. How did I find Deoxys? Difficult? Not at all even though it was my first game. Slightly annoying? Yes, yes it was.

It wasn't too difficult to fight him, but trying to catch him was another story. I just fainted him instead in the end, so now he is hiding out somewhere and I am too lazy to go back for him...

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Not at all, my team was almost at their 100's by that time.
    Majority of my original team was between level 92 and 95.
    Deoxys was easy.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
    10. What was your championship team?
    ORAS anniversary
    ORAS anniversary
    ORAS anniversary
    ORAS anniversary
    ORAS anniversary
    ORAS anniversary

Velatus (Aggron) - Mihawk (Blaziken) - Terrestris (Espeon) - Dessrosa (Roserade) - Gamzee (Gliscor) - Black*Star (Weavile)
    Had a lot of fun fighting the E4 with this squad!

No. I was looking forward to catching Deoxys, but my Gliscor OHKO'd it.... :'-[
    The music was great though! Though you could say it got me excited for nothing, haha.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    10. What was your championship team? - My team was Blaziken, Lanturn, Aggron, Absol, Groudon, and Machoke.

11. Did you find the Deoxys encounter to be difficult? - Because I saved the Master Ball for this encounter, I didn't find it difficult.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Did you find the Deoxys encounter to be difficult?
    I still have my masterball, so it be a breeze

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years

Difficult? What're you talking about? I just one-shot it with Mega-Ray so I can have a shot at soft resetting it.

Speaking of Deoxys... I haven't caught it lol.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    The Deoxys encounter was easily the most difficult Legendary catch I've ever experienced. Level 80, and it has recover? Recover always makes things 10x more difficult, and on top of it all, being level 80 put it way ahead of my team. I ended up just KOing it the first time, and had to go back a second time to capture it (this time I came prepared, of course).

Years

Surprisingly, no. I decided not to use my Master Ball for the encounter, but I got lucky enough to capture it within the third Ultra Ball; Hold Back from the event Metagross really helped a lot!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    You guys did the smart thing, saving your Pokeballs. I had already used mine on Groudon--not even out of necessity, just laziness -_- I probably wouldn't have if I had known Deoxys would be so tough to catch @_@

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023

Not really. But capturing him with its health at the red was what made the encounter difficult. :P

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years

Had to go back to retrieve it :P Camerupt, Tentacruel, Swellow, Mightyena, Gallade, Sceptile

I killed it with Dragon Ascent. I need to go beat the Elite Four again so I can try to catch it.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
    7. What was the first Pokemon you Mega Evolved in the game?
    Other than my gorgeous Latias, I think it was an Absol. I hadn't used it much at all during the game, nor did I since then, I think I just wanted to see the Mega form in action.

8. Did you catch any Pokemon from the Safari Zone in your first playthrough?
    Probably a Rhyhorn or something, I don't remember.

9. Did you keep Groudon/Kyogre on your team after you caught it?
    (Kyogre)

Yes. Oh, hell yes. I was so into the intensity and epicness of the events of the story leading up to it, as well as the cutscene prior to the battle and the music heard during it. It was a tense battle, but catching it was no problem. I've had this thing for a while where I use my Master Ball to catch the mascot legendary- always. The only times I had to soft reset was when I accidentally killed it with my Leafeon. I felt the need to weaken it a bit so it wouldn't be a short, boring battle and it could be, in the game world, seen as the legendary Pokémon challenging me and "testing my skills" to see if I was worthy enough of controlling the primordial beast. That's how I always feel when starting a battle with a legendary- they're testing you to see if you are capable enough of harnessing such legendary power.

But yes, I kept it all the way to the Elite Four. Even though there wasn't much in between catching it and that moment.

6 of the Pokémon that meant the most to me on that wonderful journey.

Leafy (Leafeon) - Around when I started playing this game in January, Leafeon had become my favorite Pokémon, and I had this idea to play through the game with a Leafeon by my side. My friend gave me an Eevee egg, and ever since it hatched, Leafy was always on my party, growing, battling, and learning, all the way to the Elite Four. I gave it lots of love in Amie, and it made me happy to see the various special phrases seen in battle resulting from high Affection. All the way through the game, he was always the highest level Pokémon, and helped me in a lot of the most important battles in the game. My emotional attachment to Leafy really showed me that my love of Pokémon has not changed much than when I first started playing 10 years ago. :)
    Latias - When I reached the moment in AS where you defend and befriend Latias, my heart had melted and she had been quickly on the rise to my #1 favorite Pokémon. <3 Ever since she joined my team, I had her in my party at every single moment up to the Pokémon League. Like Leafy, she too contributed to a lot of major battles.
    Blazer (Blaziken) - Named after my old Emerald Blaziken of the same name.
    Flygon
    Cobalt (Mightyena) - My other options were Sharky (Sharpedo), Magneto (Magneton), and Ninjask, all three of which were among my strongest, most-used Pokémon in the playthrough. Cobalt, not quite as much, but I think I chose him for the Pokémon League because I wanted him to gain more experience. Regardless, he was with me for the most important battles, and that's what counts. :)
    Kyogre - The Primal Kyogre I caught earlier in the game. Astounding amounts of power due to his Primal Evolution, but I didn't want the E4 to be a boring breeze so I used him occasionally.

To be perfectly honest, the closest I got to losing was Steven's Metagross, his last Pokémon. That damn thing made all of my teammates faint, I kept on using revives to go back and forth between reviving two different Pokémon, Leafy and Kyogre. I sort of have a paranoia/urge to complete the big parts of these games with a perfect scenario in my head, so I really wanted Leafy to deliver the final blow. I realized it'd just be an endless cycle, and I would have to start over again, after coming this far so successfully. Alas, I gave in, prevented him from suffering any longer, and used Kyogre initiate the last attack against Metagross. Sometimes in life, you just have to accept that not everything will turn out exactly the way you want it. And in games, it's kind of silly to be upset over such a thing. Regardless of the outcome, that Kyogre will always be one of my best pals, and that moment, battling with and defeating the Champion for the first time in a remake of my first generation of Pokémon, was one of the most memorable battles I will ever have.

Eh, I think I just did it once. I think I accidentally made it faint, but I didn't bother soft resetting because A) I didn't want to go through the battle with Rayquaza and Zinnia again, B) I already had an event Deoxys from Gen V that I'd transferred over. Maybe one day I'll go back to Sky Pillar for that Deoxys, but I do not see much point in doing it.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    (Kyogre)

Yes. Oh, hell yes. I was so into the intensity and epicness of the events of the story leading up to it, as well as the cutscene prior to the battle and the music heard during it. It was a tense battle, but catching it was no problem. I've had this thing for a while where I use my Master Ball to catch the mascot legendary- always. The only times I had to soft reset was when I accidentally killed it with my Leafeon. I felt the need to weaken it a bit so it wouldn't be a short, boring battle and it could be, in the game world, seen as the legendary Pokémon challenging me and "testing my skills" to see if I was worthy enough of controlling the primordial beast. That's how I always feel when starting a battle with a legendary- they're testing you to see if you are capable enough of harnessing such legendary power.

But yes, I kept it all the way to the Elite Four. Even though there wasn't much in between catching it and that moment.

I love this! The whole cutscene and battle with Kyogre/Groudon is amazing. I don't blame you for wanting to take that epicness with you for the rest of the journey :)

Eh, I think I just did it once. I think I accidentally made it faint, but I didn't bother soft resetting because A) I didn't want to go through the battle with Rayquaza and Zinnia again, B) I already had an event Deoxys from Gen V that I'd transferred over. Maybe one day I'll go back to Sky Pillar for that Deoxys, but I do not see much point in doing it.

Hey, you can never have too many ^^ And yea, I didn't bother resetting either, for the same reason--you'd have to fight Zinnia and encounter Rayquaza again, and I had a hard enough time catching Rayquaza as it is xD (even though I totally shouldn't have, since they intentionally make it easy to catch. Bad luck, I supppose ;; )

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
    4. Did you do the Pokemon Contest when you first got to Slateport?
    Nope, I did later on and now I'm on Master level, just need to get that done.
    5. Which bike did you choose when you first got to Mauville?
    Mach bike!
    6. Where did you establish your first ever Secret Base?
    Where you first encounter it.
    7. What was the first Pokemon you Mega Evolved in the game?
    My Swampert.
    8. Did you catch any Pokemon from the Safari Zone in your first playthrough?
    Nope.
    Yup.

ImmortalDusk

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    1. Did you get Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire the day they came out? I didn't get Alpha Sapphire until February of this year.

2. What was your reason for choosing OR or AS over the other? I chose AS for the reason I choose every pokemon game I buy, I wanted Kyogre, plust sapphires are one of my favorite gem stones.

3. What did you nickname your starter? My starter was a Treeko that I named Twiggy.

4. Did you do the Pokemon Contest when you first got to Slateport? Yes, and I kept the cosplay Pikachu all the way through the game.

5. Which bike did you choose when you first got to Mauville? The Mach Bike

6. Where did you establish your first ever Secret Base? Route 119 I believe, to the right of Foretree.

7. What was the first Pokemon you Mega Evolved in the game? Sceptile

8. Did you catch any Pokemon from the Safari Zone in your first playthrough? Yes, but I don't remember what I caught.

9. Did you keep Groudon/Kyogre on your team after you caught it? Yes, because Origin Pulse was monstrous.

10. What was your championship team? Sceptile, Dustox, Cosplay Pikachu, Kyogre, Mightyena, and Absol.

11. Did you find the Deoxys encounter to be difficult? Not really, I actually had a hard time not killing it because of how strong Dragon Ascent is.

Back